Dr. Marc Hines MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Waterloo, IA

• Good
  • Bad

February 25th, 2016
Dr Hines was courteous and spent a reasonable amount of time with my husband. He asked and answered questions and we did not feel rushed. He explained things well and we felt we understood what is going on.

October 12th, 2015
rating
Office staff is rude and unwilling to be helpful unless given a directive from Dr

September 17th, 2015
A super doctor!

March 12th, 2015
Words cannot convey my deep respect and appreciation for all Dr Hines has done for me. He listens, asks thorough questions, treats me like a valued person and cares. I have numerous difficulties that he has treated and he has always been spot on! Kudos!

February 25th, 2015
One of the very Best
I have gone to Dr. Hines twice in my life and both times he was kind, caring, understanding and professional. Unlike many doctors, he spoke to me, not at me. He generally seemed very concerned with my problems and addressed my issues with the best outcome for me as his goal. After several doctors acting like I was 'faking', (one actually used that word), he listened to me and did whatever was needed to really find the problem. I consider him a strong ally and advocate for my health and my quality of life.

April 5th, 2013
Miracle Worker
Dr. Hines changed my life. I have gone to him for 10 years for epilepsy after seeing three quacks. He listens to what I say, he is concerned, and he doesn't give up until he finds an answer, even if I feel like I'm ready to just live with this frustrating illness as is. He isn't happy until a treatment has been found and he will make sure your life improves. I once had a doctor tell me that quality of life doesn't matter. To Dr. Hines, it does. He gets it and he won't stop until your quality of life is the best it can be.

February 22nd, 2010
Love my Dr!
I have had Dr Hines as my Neurologist for almost 10 years now. I have had problems since a skull fracture and massive head and neck injuries since 1983. I moved out of state and back again and when I was referred to him when I came back he helped me get back on the road to healing. He is one of the greatest Drs I have ever met. I could easily find a closer doc, but not a more knowledgeable or or kinder one.

January 4th, 2010
Simply The Best
Back in 1998, I was overexposed to a solvent used daily in my job as a Journeyman Pressman (Printer). I was recommended by a Des Moines Dr. to see Dr. Hines, as I was told that he had previous expertise in such solvent injuries. In my experience, he is the most caring, thorough Doctor that I have ever been too. During your examination he speaks constantly into a recorder. His very detailed letters I'm sure were the main reason that I was able to get on my union pension and SSD disability some twelve years ago at age forty two.

August 17th, 2008
Chronic pain Veteran
If it wasn't for Dr. Hines, I wouldn't have gotten a disability rating from the VA on my left shoulder. He found errors in my VA medical records and basically, straightened the VA doctors out. He is an awesome person and is extremely intelligent. He has excellent manners and when he writes in his patients medical records, his wording is brilliant. I would recommend him to anyone going for a disability. He is absolutely for the underdog (little guy).

July 13th, 2017