Dr. Marc Huntoon MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Henrico, VA

April 6th, 2017
Amazing Dr w/ tons of experience-but no longer @Vanderbilt :(
I miss you Dr Huntoon!. If Anyone is considering Dr. Huntoon this is your doctor! He truly cares for his patients. I Loved Dr Huntoon, but he left Tennessee in Aug 2016 to Virginia Tech. I wish him the best, but I very much hated to see him go. He is no longer in Nashville or affiliated with Vanderbilt as his profile says. His patients got shuffled to other doctors there at Vanderbilt Pain Management clinic. I'll just say I miss Dr. Huntoon very very much and leave it at that for now. I will update this at a later date about my current doctor that I was matched with once Dr Huntoon left Vandy. Thank You Dr. Huntoon for always putting my care above everything else.

September 12th, 2015
Ask No Questions
Dr Huntoons arrogance interferes with his ability to provide reasonable and consistent medical "care". When asked if I should return to see him or go to the ER if experiencing increasing pain he responded," Why don't you use the meditation skills you say you have ? " He gave no response when I asked home to please explain his diagnosis, treatment plan : goals and expectations . Sub-par!

June 2nd, 2015
Lack of communication & compassion
I was referred to Dr. Huntoon because I have significant chronic, daily pain related to my chronic inflammatory disease, surgical wounds that have never completely healed, and carcinoma. In my experience, you'll wait between 1-2 hours minimum for a procedure to begin and expect to spend around 2.5-3.5 hours total time from arrival at the front desk to actually leaving the building; additionally, Dr. Huntoon himself spends very little time with his patients (<5min) after the initial new patient intake appointment. You'll spend 99% of your time at all future appts with his staff, who thankfully, are truly wonderful, friendly, and caring people. In contrast, Dr. Huntoon is not compassionate at all, though he is polite. I would not recommend him to any person in need of a pain specialist for the following reasons: 1) Unwillingness to listen to or consider the concerns of patients, 2) does not actively involve patients in the treatment decisions/planning of their care, 3) after months of the same treatment (the very first procedure he had even tried with me), which took hours to do and only offered pain relief lasting from a few hours to about a day, Dr. Huntoon finally decided to stop giving me the procedure, but then scheduled me for a follow-up 2 months later, without any discussion. No suggestions whatsoever for any possible alternative methods, procedures, anything at all to address my daily, chronic pain while I wait 2 months for another appt. A doctor who is willing to let a patient suffer is one that doesn’t care about his patients. Save yourself the suffering and don’t waste your time, find another doctor who is actually willing to help you.