A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marc Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marc Shapiro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marc Shapiro, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Critical Care
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- University Hospital Suny Health Science Center
- University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Marc Jerome Shapiro MD is a male Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Marc J. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Marc Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. Marc Shapiro practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near East Setauket, NY.
See East Setauket Surgeons.