A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marc Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marc Shapiro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marc Shapiro, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Critical Care
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- University Hospital Suny Health Science Center
- University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Marc Jerome Shapiro MD is a male Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Marc J. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Marc Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. Marc Shapiro practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near East Setauket, NY.
See East Setauket Surgeons.