Dr. Marc Kornfield MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7
  • 22 reviews

December 28th, 2016
Do NOT EVER SEE THIS PSYCHO QUACK
Like many others have said, he uses the prescription pad to abuse patients. He wanted my son to go out and work or increase his activities. Every single time he would tell Dr QUACK he had plans later that week he'd stop his pains meds. Of course then he'd be in too much pain to go. Then the next appointment he be mad he didn't go. This all resulted in all of his friends giving up on him and abondoning him. This piece of rat dung ruined his life. Words cannot describe how much we loathe him. HE IS THE WORST KIND OF ABUSER THERE IS. Can't give negative ratings or I would.

July 30th, 2016
Horrid Doctor who mistreats his patients.
Do not go to this doctor. This doctor completely messed with my medication and made me jump through numerous hoops. I spent multiple times a week there which is mandatory. You have to do PT, counciling, classes, etc. if you are one step out of line he will punish you by reducing the number of medication you will receive that week or for two weeks. I now see a phenomenon doctor who treats me with respect and if there is a problem, she doesn't just dock me pills. I also have gotten accurate urine screens. With Kornfield once I tested positive for alcohol and was harassed and cornered. I had a separate test that I paid for that went to a lab and I was clean. He still had me go from 5 pain pills a day to 3. He is a terrible, uncaring, dictator. His therapist he uses recently left and ended up at my new doctor and he confirmed the horrors that go behind the scenes at his practice. Don't put yourself through this. You will always be doubted if you have pain and always will need to feel the need to "prove" your pain. Oh and he is always an hour late. Atleast.

June 21st, 2016
I was a patient for 10 yrrs. This doctor gave me so much pain medication, that my heart failed on Jan.30th this year!!! I was in a coma on life support for 4 days!!! I got to where I was unable to walk, had to be put in a nursing home, that's where I was when my heart failed!!! My husband cut the dosage down or I wouldn't be here today!!! My 1st time seeing him he told me that he had friends that scuba dived with no arms!!!! I don't swim!!! He was rude every time, and acted like seeing you was a problem!!! Thank God I no longer need him or his services!!!! We drove a hour & 30 minutes one way to Marietta to see him, I'm clean from his pain meds, thank God!!!! His office never called to check on me ever!!!! His pysicatis need to see one their self!!!! I wouldn't recommend this office to my worst enemy!!!! Staff is rude, they care nothing about the patients!!!!!

May 5th, 2016
They saved my life
I've had 10+ back surgeries over 30 years. I became an Opiate addict. I recognize the hate this doctor gets. I used to say the same thing about all the doctors who refused to hand out buckets of pills. These reviewers talk about 'threats' about reducing meds. In the next sentence they claim he's only after money. They whine about the cost for medication classes but happily pay hundreds a month for pills. Why would such a greedy guy reduce meds? Why would he not just give you what you want? As for the other treatments: why hire expensive professionals like physical therapists and counselors? He's the only doctor I know, who will reduce or waive fees. Fact is: he has the guts to confront the addicts who refuse all treatments except pills or who have other drugs in their drug tests. When he did it to me and immediately introduced me to his counselor for FREE: I had the courage to try and live again. Yes he's tough and his admin. staff is rude. But this man and his amazing counselor Marly are 2 of the most passionate professionals in the painkiller field I've ever met. They are tough, BECAUSE they care. They supported and encouraged me as I slowly weaned off Methadone for a whole year. I went weekly for a while and they treated me when I could not pay. I have my life and family back. If all you want is drugs, go to a pill mill and stop lying to yourself and about this doctor. People are dropping like flies from these drugs but these reviewers are mad that this doctor won't help them risk their lives. Grow up.

April 5th, 2016
Would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

March 21st, 2016
I BELIVE THE CLASSES ARE A LITTLE TO MUCH> I HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION AND IT IS HARD ENOUGH TO GO ONCE A MONTH> ALSO I HAVE BEEN GOING TO PAIN DR.S OVER 10 YEARS AND I HAVE TRIED THE PT WILL NOT BENFIT FROM IT> I DONOT DO INJECTIONS AT ALL

March 15th, 2016
Rude doctor
Go somewhere else. He's rude and unprofessional.

January 20th, 2016
Do your self/wallet a favor and skip this place
Be ready to go to multiple appointments per week (counselor, Psychical therapy, dr. appt, etc.) They only prescribe medications for one week, two weeks and if you're lucky three weeks at a time. This makes it very difficult for insurance to pay. After the first month or so they will start cutting your medication down. As soon as you mention that it isn't enough to help you they start making you take drug management classes that are $50 each (three classes total) and no, insurance doesn't cover it. They will continue to cut your medication down til these things are done. My overall experience is disappointment. They are more concerned with your money vs. your well being. I had never failed a drug test nor gave them a reason to treat me they way they did.

January 4th, 2016
Go somewhere else
Really uncomfortable at this practice. Not one person is friendly. Treated as if I don't matter. I have multiple doctors and never felt more uncomfortable than I did here.

August 13th, 2015
Worst Doctor I've Ever Seen
I have seen no less than 10 different doctors in various specialties (neurologists, orthopedic surgeons, pain management, physical medicine, anesthesiologists etc.) for my condition, and while some of them were less-than-perfect practitioners, none were as ugly, nasty, rude, mean and disrespectful as Dr. Marc Kornfield. Not to mention, he will issue veiled threats--to withhold your medication, which he knows will cause you to have withdrawals--if he is not happy with something you have said or done (and I *don't* mean failing one of their drug screenings...I'm talking about if you dare to consider seeking a second opinion, or if you disagree with him on any of his treatment ideas or even wish to *discuss* them). He doesn't speak *to* you; he speaks *at* you. He talks over top of you or talks down to you. He'll display zero interest in having you participate in the decisions or your opinion regarding your program of care during one visit, and then act as if *you* are supposed to know what therapies or tests you need during the next. I honestly think he's bipolar on taking something that causes him to behave erratically. I promise you, you'll never know which personality you'll being seeing when you step into his office--but most of the time, he's a creep. He spends roughly two minutes with you each visit after your initial appointment--in and out...making you feel as if you're no more than one of hundreds of heads of cattle who are financing his many vacations. He doesn't seem to bother keeping up with the latest treatments for various conditions. I could go on and on, but I'll close by saying I'm in the process of seeking a new pain management doctor. If you're smart and you value your health and don't want someone who will emotionally abuse you, avoid Dr. Marc Kornfield at all costs.

August 30th, 2013
Unbelievable Rudeness and unprofessional!!
This man was unbelievable we waited for over 2 and 1/2 hours and then he spent 10 minutes with my husband would not let me come back with him . Spoke to my husband and then said I really should not be speaking to the patient ....???? What DOCTOR does that???? As we were waiting a cockroach crawled up the wall and the staff are not friendly. The visit was a joke !! Dont waist your money or your time! He seemed as though he was on somthing. Sorry had to put one star for the survey to go through he deserved NO STAR!

October 12th, 2012
The worst. Should be reported to the AMA as abusive. Never refer a patient,maybe only for physical therapy, but nothing else!!!!!