Dr. Marc Leibole MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Newton Lower Falls, MA

3.3

no change

April 27th, 2013
Overlooked an incredalbly serious complication of my catarract surgury that he did that has lead to loss of my eyesight

July 18th, 2012
fabulous doctor, but horrible staff. i won't be back...

June 15th, 2012
Smart, professional, caring,

May 17th, 2012
Ophthalmologists are what they are
When I arrived at the office, the technician saw me quickly. After that I waited a long time to see the ophthalmologist. The staff said it was because I had been "fit in" rather than scheduled an appointment in advance. They acted annoyed rather than just explaining the situation. In fact, I had been referred that morning. Maggie, the office manager, talked to me to see what the problem was before booking a same-day appt. I appreciated her concern. Dr. Leibole was pleasant in appearance and manner. His exam seemed thorough. He made the diagnosis of ophthalmic migraine and assured me that my eyes were in very good condition. Other than that, he offered no information about the genesis or treatment of the problem and answered my questions too briefly, with one foot already out of the office. From my experience working administratively with ophthalmologists, I know them to be generally a mechanical breed of M.D., with most of their examinations involving complex machinery. I think Dr. Leibole is typical in manner to other "eye docs".

February 1st, 2012
office staff- beware
nice enough people but abrupt, curt and bordering rude. Messages left by staff equally rude.Do not expect warm and fuzzy here.

February 1st, 2012
Fantastic overall. Great diagnostician. Friendly but professional. I would and have recommend(ed) him to my family and friends

October 8th, 2011
Excellent Dr. Leibole, allowed me to evaluate Lasik surgery without pressure.
I was considering vision correction surgery, Lasik surgery, I am a physician myself and I consider my eyesight to be extremely critical to my professional work. My eyesight has been gradually getting worse and my glasses prescription has been changing gradually over the years. I also noticed that it is difficult to read. I have had trifocal lenses for some time.Because of these changes, I want to consider the risks and benefits of Lasik, and find out about the costs, the recovery time and many other options. I wanted to really get a comprehensive idea so I could make an informed choice about this expensive and very delicate surgery.First of all, Dr. Leibole was very thorough, very professional, and I thought his eye examination was one of the most careful that I have had, and I have had many., He gave me a complete discussion of the risks and benefits of the Lasik eye surgery, and a thorough understanding of the process, the recovery time, the costs, and other factors so that I could make a decision.He performs the surgery at a very high quality state of the art facility that is located approximately 3 miles from his office. It was easy to get to.Overall, my experience was extremely positive, I felt that the doctor was courteous, Rob, extremely professional and thorough, and answered my questions completely. I would certainly recommend him to another person seeking general eye care, advanced Eye care, or eye vision surgery.

September 12th, 2011
Not Happy
Office staff was not professional with one exception and inflexible as far as working with patient on the insurance. Immediately after my visit I realized the technician had forgotten to or did not mention to the doctor a critical reason for the visit. The office manager gave me a bottle of eye solution, but would not allow me a quick check back with the doctor. I had to return the following week costing me 3 more hours and an additional $35 copay. The office manager lectured me on writing down my concerns to be sure to talk to the doctor about them even if the technician forgets or does not write them down. The office manager assured me there is no way around the additional copay. Of course there is -- the doctor did not have to charge me or the insurance company for the add on visit I should not have had to have had.

August 17th, 2011
Top Notch
I was a bit apprehensive about booking with Dr. Leibole based on some of the negative things I have read on various sites (including this one). From my experience the only thing I can sum up by such low ratings were some disgruntled patients having a billing/insurance dispute with his office. I used Dr. Leibole for the first time for LASIK/ASA. I did extensive research on his credentials and he went to a top shelf Medical school and did a solid residency. After meeting Dr. Leibole and talking numerous times with Maggie (the office manager), I was put totally at ease. I have seen him 6-7 times during the course of my treatment and have undergone the LASIK procedure with Dr. Leibole. He has been nothing short of awesome. Very personable guy, if somewhat nerdy (but thats what you want from a guy working on your eyes). I have had ZERO problems with the office staff for appointments, billing issues etc. When I run out of medication, I call, Maggie puts aside free samples etc to help me out. I need some coupons for some over the counter meds the Dr recommended? Maggie puts them aside for me or hands them to me when I am there. I practically call that place daily with a question or concern etc, and someone always takes my call and is super friendly. Dr L is awesome, great bedside manner. Right after my procedure, the doctor told me everything to expect as far as recovery goes, and so far he has been 100% spot on. I am 2 weeks post surgery, I see pretty well and I am where I want to be. I can't say enough how happy I am with Dr Leibole's practice.Yes I have had to wait an excessive amount of time on only 1 of my 6-7 visits, but I can live with that. They are a busy office, and they are busy for a reason. I will be bringing my kids and my wife here if we need an eye doctor. Yes I am a real person and this is a real review.

July 18th, 2011
Dr. leibole Prescribes Medicine that Health Care Plans Don't Cover
I paid $80.00 copay and approx $200/per visit to visit the doctor for a chronic eye problem. He prescribed eye drops that have caused my eyelashes to fall out and the prescription costs $95.00 for a small little bottle that lasts 2 weeks. The Insurance does not cover it because it is a new drug. No pharmacy can tell me an alternative. They say ask the Doctor, when I called his office and asked the Receptionist/Billing to ask the Doctor an Alternative medicine they said the Doctor doesn'tknow that. Only the Pharmacists know. I told them the Pharamacists told me to ask the Doctor.It is a nightmare. HE DID NOT CURE MY SIMPLE CHRONIC CONDITION.So, if you want your eyelashes to fall off, wait for long periods of time in his waiting room, and deal with rude Billing and Receptionists. In addition, go to a Doctor that prescribes medicines that insurance does not cover,as well as make the condition worse go to DR. LEIBOLE!

March 20th, 2011
A very bad experience
Very rude receptionist, office tried to overbill me and my insurance, Dr spent very little time with me (5 minutes?), most of time spent with tech (15 minutes) for routine exam, wrong prescription given. Will NEVER return.

February 10th, 2011
I found the staff very courteous and friendly and Dr. Leibole spent as much time with me as I needed to answer any of my questions.