A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marc Michelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marc Michelson, Cataract, Lens Implant & LASIK Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Michelson
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Michelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marc Michelson, MD, MS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cataract Surgery
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Corneal Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Michelson graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Michelson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- Carraway Methodist Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Marc Alan Michelson MD and MS is a male Ophthalmologist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Marc A. Michelson practice?
- Dr. Marc Michelson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Marc Michelson practices Ophthalmology near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Ophthalmologists.