Orthopaedic Surgeon / Sports Medicine
Dearborn
17500 Federal Dr
Allen Park, MI 48101
313-982-1370
Locations and availability (3)

by Judy Plecha on Aug 18th, 2013

Dr Milia did total shoulder replacement surgery on both my husband and in 2012, we were both very pleased with the results of our surgery. Very little pain and what we both felt was a very quick recovery. The information and preparation Dr. Milia and his staff provided us gave us a great deal of confidence in going ahead with the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Milia without hesitation and if I ever need orthotic care in the future I would only want Dr. Milia for my surgeon.

by Cathy Blevins on Aug 9th, 2013

I underwent simultaneous bilateral knee replacement one year ago. Dr. Milia educated me on what to expect each step of the way from surgery through the rehabilitation process. As my orthopedic physician for more than 5 years, I cannot express enough how grateful to have a physician that is as kind as he is, taking the time to listen to his patients. Dr. Milia is a highly qualified, skilled orthopedic surgeon that is trusted and respected by his patients and colleagues in the medical field. I cannot be more pleased with the outcome of my surgery and the quality of life the surgery has afforded me. Without any hesitation, I would highly recommend Dr. Milia to family or friends.

|  A True Professional  |  show details
by Rachel Zimmers on Jul 1st, 2013

I met Dr. Milia when I was 14 years old with a small slap tear in my shoulder. He performed surgery and reassured me I would be back to athletics in no time. Throughout the entire process he was so caring and compassionate. Dr. Milia is easy to talk to and has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever been in contact with. He has a way of making you feel confident in him, and his ability to repair your injury. Dr. Milia is also very friendly and personable with every patient. To this day I refer anyone with shoulder or knee injuries to Dr. Milia, he is a true professional.

by Anthony Desira on Jun 23rd, 2013

Dr.Milia is an outstanding doctor. I tore my ACL back in my sophomore year of high school playing football. He did my reconstruction and I was back in no time and ready to play next season. I tore my ACL again and I knew what I needed to do because he helped me out so much the first time. He did my second reconstruction too, and I have no problems what so ever. If anyone comes up to me about knee problems he would be the first doctor I would recommend. Just an overall outstanding doctor.

|  Fantastic  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2013

Dr. Milia is a fantastic physician. He is incredibly knowledgeable and professional. He performed an ACL reconstruction on me when I was in high school and I was very pleased with the results. He was very supportive throughout the whole process and always answered any questions and concerns that I had. Now as a certified athletic trainer, I recommend him to all of my knee and shoulder injuries.

|  ACL  |  show details
by Amber Smiddy on Jun 23rd, 2013

He is a very great doctor, all of the appointments were right to the point and didn't waste any time. He will do whatever it takes to get you back on your feet as fast as possible. I very strongly recommend him. He had me ahead of schedule through my whole ACL rehab.

|  Comforting and Confident  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2013

My son is 13 years old and still growing. He is a football player and at the end of his season he tore his ACL. I went and see the first doctor that my primary recommended and he stated that my sons condition was complicated and that since his growth plates where not closed that he would not perform the surgery because it had too many complications. This doctor said that he would have to drill on the growth plate and if it broke he would have a deformity in his leg. I was so worried that I said that I would wait then he informed me that if you wait it is also not good because in the long run he could ruin his knee and need a complete need reconstruction. At this point I was very concerned and did know what to do. I was then recommended to U of M and they told me that it is possible but risky but they would attempt the surgery. They recommended me to see a therapist one month before the surgery to strengthen up the knee. I then located a therapist nearby and after meeting with him he referred me to Dr. Milia. He personally contacted him and informed him about my sons condition. The same day Dr. Milia called me and set up an appointment. He was very understand and very informative. Between all three doctors that I had seen, he was the only one that made me feel confident and secure about my decision to proceed with the surgery. He was very professional and completely understanding about how I felt and about how my sons condition can be resolved. My son had his surgery on January 29, 2013 and it was successful. The staff was very nice as well as cooperative and from the moment we walked in the door that morning it was welcoming and comforting. Dr. Milia check on my son before the anesthesiologist, after the anesthesiologist, after surgery and after he woke up. His actions showed how dedicated he was to his patient and how concerned he was about the wellbeing of his patient. Dr Milia helped my son and we will always be grateful to him.

|  14 year old ACL Reconstruction  |  show details
by Michelle M. on Jun 20th, 2013

Dr. Milia repaired my rotator cuff, I was so pleased and satisfied with his care that when my (then 14 year old) daughter injured her knee in volleyball, his name was the first to come to mind. Dr. Milia did an ACL reconstruction on her knee and within 5 months of surgery, she was starting goal keeper for the Varsity high school soccer team. She's a 3 sport athlete and has played non-stop since she was cleared to return to sports. As a parent, I was very hesitant about my daughter returning to sports so quickly. Dr. Milia's partnership with Innovative Training Solutions (ITS) was just what I needed to help put my mind at ease. I thought it was the PERFECT partnership. Dr. Milia knows the physical/ medical aspect of my daughter's knee but Anna from ITS could actually see and evaluate my daughter for movement, balance, etc. and provide the proper workout so that my daughter would be stronger and ready to play. I hope more doctors consider this type of partnership. I highly recommend him.

|  Two of my kids  |  show details
by Ron Zimmers on Jun 18th, 2013

Dr. Milia, Repaired my daughters shoulder and her senior year she was voted MVP, "All Area" "All League" "Dream Team" she also is going to a D-2 college on athletic scholarship. Dr. Milia also repaired a birth defect on my 16 year old son who had a promising pitching career. My son had surgery at 16 and in his senior year he hit just under 400 and went 11-0 on the mound. Dr. Milia stayed in contact with my kids, asking them how they were doing? Asking them about swelling or discomfort. YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER Doctor.

|  ACL repair in 15 year old daughter  |  show details
by Liz Gutierrez on Jun 18th, 2013

Dr. Milia was outstanding with my 15 year old daughter. He took the time to assure us, and answered any questions we encountered throughout the entire rehab time as well. Can't say enough about what a positive experience we had with him, and all those that work with him!

|  Knee Surgeries  |  show details
by Catherine T. on Jun 18th, 2013

Dr. Milia was the doctor that repaired my torn meniscus and also replaced my torn ACL. I was 14 when I had torn my meniscus and ACL and to hear that news at a young age was scary. As a young athlete playing softball, the fear of never playing again stuck in my mind since the moment I had injured my knee. Dr. Milia explained everything very well and simplistic so my parents and I would understand what was going on. I had two knee surgeries in July and September of 2009, both of which were performed by Dr. Milia. I was able to return to the softball field that following spring and finished out my final years of playing high school softball. Now 18, I have had very little knee problems since my surgeries and I have Dr. Milia to thank for it!

|  ACL TEAR  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2013

Dr. Milia was the best doctor I had, he was nice, efficient, intellegent, and he really showed a lot of interest in what he was talking to you about. I'd recommend him to anybody, he's a great guy and doctor!

Jun 17th, 2013

He got me got on the field very quickly. And also cares about his patients very much.

|  super surgeon  |  show details
by todd helvey on Apr 18th, 2013

I had a great pre and post op experience with dr.milia and his entire staff. I felt he truley was concerned with my treatment and recovery. I had my right shoulder scoped and a bone spur removed. 6 short weeks later im feeling wonderful and ready to go back to work...THANK YOU DR.MILIA.. Thankfully healed, Todd Helvey IW lcl 25

Feb 27th, 2013

excellent! great surgeon.

Feb 26th, 2013

i will recommend Dr. Milia forever. He is a great physican!

|  Dr. Milia gave me back my life....  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

I am a 59 yr. old female who broke my tibia and snapped my ACl. I was told at my age there weren't alot of options other than pysical therapy. Dr. Milia took me on as a patient and performed a 30 minute surgery that put a donor ACL in my knee thus giving me back my life as I knew it before my injury. He took time explaining the procedures what I could expect from post therapy and followed up with me in a timely and concerned fashion. I strongly recommen anyone in a similer situation to seek Dr. Milia opion before they accept that they are stuck living the rest of their life with one good knee. Thye office staff was also great.

Aug 10th, 2012

Dr.Milia showed interest in my situation and throughly explained what was going on with my shoulder and exactly what needed to be done to correct it. He listened as I explained my pain and showed him what I was feeling. I now have a pain free, usable arm again.His office staff and surgury staff were excellent as well. I am going to recomend him to any one I know that has any shoulder problems.

|  TWO NEW KNEES AND NO LONGER BOW LEGGED.  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

DR. MILIA, GAVE ME TWO NEW KNEES. I NOLONGER HAVE ARTHRITIS IN MY LEGS. I AMNO LONGER BOW LEGGED. I WALK LIKE A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD AND I AM 73 YEARS OLD.TOM HARTNETT

|  Teacher  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

Dr Milia. Thank you. My shoulder has been a problem a long time. You explained it. Fixed it and help me to manage my pain. Good luck to you

Apr 19th, 2011

Thank you Dr Milia. You are very appreciated

|  Thanks  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2010

Dr Milia was excellent. Smart, efficient, and nice

|  Great Physician!  |  show details
by Gina Fifo on Sep 29th, 2010

I went to him for a knee problem and he additionally offered to treat my shoulder (I had told him I would make another appointment-which is what most doctors would require you to do). He was the kindest, most caring physician I've seen in a long time. I just recommended him to a friend today. He is great!

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

Although he's busy, Dr. Milia quickly diagnosed my shoulder problem. Although I had prior surgery, he fixed it without any more operations, which was even more impressive!

|  Fixed my knees  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2010

After years of limping around I finally decided to have Dr. Milia replace both of my knees. I chose him because he was compassionate and confident. 2 weeks after my bilateral knee replacement surgery I was walking without even a cane. He's a wonderful scoter and I am grateful that I found him.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2010

Dr. Marc Milia diagnosed my shoulder issue quickly. He performed surgery to fix a rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder. He is professional, attentive, and pleasant. I trust his opinions and his surgical abilities.

|  worth the wait  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2010

Dr Milia is awesome. Busy guy but worth the wait. Diagnosed me perfectly. Struggled with a shoulder injury for years and now doing so much better. I felt listened to and I learned a lot.

Nov 25th, 2009

Dr Milia, is so refreshing,knowledgable,and honest. His office is busy and I now know why. WOrth the wait. I've had a longtime shoulder problem and it is finally better.

|  Exceptional surgeon  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2009

Dr. Milia is rare in that his bedside manner is exceptional. Not only does he phenomenal credentials (UM grad, Academic All America UM Football), he really got to know me and my family. My knee replacement is perfect and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my knees or shoulders.

Oct 8th, 2009

Dr. Milia took care of my mom after a fall with a broken hip. He was extremely caring, explaining the surgery to be performed in detail along with any possible complications. The surgery turned out to be more extensive and he came to see us when it was over and explained exactly how and why it was more extensive. His follow up care in his office was just as good. He spent a great deal of time in the room with us and did a number of ROM activities to make sure the hip/implants was properly healed. I was so impressed, I sent my son to him for his rotator cuff. Very highly recommended!

|  frustrating  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2009

Dr. Milia performed knee replacement on both knees. After over a year and the pain was getting worse, he took x-rays and said there was nothing wrong with the implants. Got a 2nd opinion and took the same x-ray to the U-M doctor who immediately said both implants are separating and need to be redone. Why didn't Dr. Milia see this?