A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marc Safran:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marc Safran is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Safran
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Safran Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marc Safran, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
- Sports Medicine
- Tendon Injuries
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
- Tennis Elbow
Education & Awards
Dr. Safran graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Safran has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Marc Raymond Safran MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Marc R. Safran practice?
- Dr. Marc Safran has 2 office locations.
Dr. Marc Safran practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Redwood City, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Stanford, CA.
See Redwood City Orthopedic Surgeons.