A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marc Safran:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marc Safran is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Safran
Severe Persistent Asthma Patient Education Our severe persistent asthma patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for relief of asthma symptoms.Before Visiting Dr. Safran Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marc Safran, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
- Sports Medicine
- Tendon Injuries
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
- Tennis Elbow
Education & Awards
Dr. Safran graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Safran has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Marc Raymond Safran MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Marc R. Safran practice?
- Dr. Marc Safran has 2 office locations.
Dr. Marc Safran practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Redwood City, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Stanford, CA.
See Redwood City Surgeons and Redwood City Orthopedic Surgeons.