Dr. Marc Rankin MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Washington, DC

July 27th, 2016
I had my left shoulder operated on by another doctor in 2012. My shoulder was still painful and weak. I had to leave my job after 7 months. I was going to accept that was the best I would be. My son insisted I see Dr. Marc Rankin. I was worried about undergoing another surgery, but Dr. Rankin explained what the problem was what my options were. I'm glad I had the surgery. 4 months after I had little discomfort and full use. The office is packed no matter when you go so the wait time is a bit longer, but for me it was worth it. Dr. Rankin treats you like family.

July 19th, 2016
Not Happy Patient
wait time was a little longer than I'm use too. Staff for appointment scheduling was rude.

February 8th, 2016
Dr. Rankin
Dr. Rankin is awesome. His diagnosis was accurate. I highly recommend him if you need to see a doctor in his field.

May 16th, 2014
My experience
My wait was a bit longer than I expected, but I see why. Dr. Rankin took his time wilh me to make sure I understood my knee problem. He answered all my questions and left the final decision for surgery up to me. Very professional.The last orthopedic doctor I saw didn't take that time and said that if I did not agree to surgery that I should find another doctor. So I did.

August 24th, 2013
Beware of indifferent office staff
Did not like the office wait or the length of time wasting waiting to be seen. Did not like that the office staff canceled my appointment without calling me. Did not like that after I talked with the doctor he was going to accomodate me but his office staff would not make the appointment and did not act in a professional manner.and did not return my phone call.

June 19th, 2013
Biology forgotten
I pointed out quite a few times that, bones belong inside the skin. He reminded me that, He is a Doctor. He may, if he so decides, file suit against me for pointing out that, I was right. 18 months after my accident, 4 surgeries later. A massive infection set in to my exposed fibula. I'm now missing my left leg, below the knee. I have the x- rays, which show the whole story. Bone protruding through the skin, from day one. Gas pockets ( gangrene ) forming. Should this fellow, be your Dr., begin looking for a better Prosthetist.

January 23rd, 2013
Supervisory Management Analyst
Dr. Rankin and his staff are caring, committed professionals who are conscientious, thorough, and caring. I received excellent care before, during, and after surgery and I would encourage anyone seeking orthopaedic help to contact his office.

November 17th, 2012
Very Professional and Knowledgable Staff
Dr. Marc Rankin and his PA were professional and very cordial. The doctor quickly established a rapport and was thorough in assessing my problem. His diagnosis took into account my professional and personal activities, and was very conservative. I am glad that I got this referral from my internist and intend to keep him as my orthodepic specialist. All of the staff in interfaced with during my visit were pleasant and professional, as well.

June 25th, 2012
Staff needs to keep there opinions to themselves. Some complain out loud about things that are happening in there office the customer needs not to know this.

November 8th, 2011
Dr. Edward Rankin is God. For years I had unbearable pains until I discovered Dr. Rankin. He is my healer and I can't live with out him. The type of doctor that have a bond between his patients and is caring and honesty. When pains come by way all I want is Dr. Edward Rankin. He is the best!

November 20th, 2010
Happy Knee
Just came back from my 6 month check up after my left ACL reconstruction and I am very happy my results. Physical therapy went well too. A great experience overall. Highly recommend.

September 25th, 2010
Very nice bedside manner for a surgeon. He took the time to explain my condition and not just offer me a quick fix. Surgery was a success and I haven't had shoulder pain for the first time in 2 years. Great overall experience. Highly recommend.