Dr. Marc Salzman, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.7096774193548 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  Life Changing  |  show details
by MorganB on May 7th, 2014

I've now had 2 procedures done with Dr. Salzman and will not be going anywhere else. My breast augmentation has changed my life. Starting from an A cup and fighting with bulky padded bras and being concerned with which dresses and tops I could wear WITH what bra so that it wouldn't show to now having the confidence to be able to wear anything and everything I want without hassle. They look and feel so natural!! Best thing I've ever done for myself! I decided to come back and have that little bulge on my outer thighs slimmed down and now I love to wear shorts and slim fitting dresses! It was too easy and I was back at work the next day! Dr. Salzman's nurses are so nice and always makes me feel comfortable. Thanks Dr. S- I definitely love my looks!! :)

|  Dr. Salzman - plastic surgeon par excellence  |  show details
by kmiller on Apr 25th, 2014

I had the laser-lipo procedure performed by Dr. Salzman and, for the first time in my life, am actually excited to wear a bikini. While I have always been petite, I had a disproportionately pudgy tummy and virtually no waist. No amount of dieting or exercise did much to improve my troublesome midsection. After years of trying to find ways to camouflage the problem, I finally met with Dr. Salzman for a consultation. At my appointment, it was readily apparent to me why he is held in such high-regard by both patients and members of the medical community. I found him to be patient and compassionate as I detailed all of my concerns and presented him with an exhaustive list of questions. While discussing my treatment plan, it was clear that he possessed the unrivaled intellect, perfectionism, skill, expertise, and hands-on experience required to give me total confidence in my choice of plastic surgeon. The morning of my surgery, I was extremely excited. First, Dr. Salzman used a pen to meticulously mark the locations of my muscles and areas of larger and smaller amounts of fluff so that in addition to simply removing fat, he could actually sculpt my abdomen and waist. During the procedure, I felt some pressure, but absolutely no pain. I was pretty swollen and sore for a few days, but had no problem returning to work the next day (I should mention that I diligently wore my compression garment. It not only helped with my swelling, but really reduced the soreness). With each day, my swelling decreased and the results of my liposuction became more obvious. Within a couple of weeks, I was very pleased with my results and would’ve recommended laser-lipo to anyone who was a candidate. However, after about 4-5 months, I was thrilled with my results and would show my belly to just about anyone who would indulge me. ;-) Not only was my abdomen smaller, but it was sculpted and the skin was tight. I also realized that, amazingly, I had a waist – something I never imagined possible! It has been 7 months since my procedure and I am still amazed that a single, in-office procedure made such a huge difference. Dr. Salzman gave me a cosmetic result that far exceeded even my expectations. Thanks to him, gone are the days of frumpy shirts, empire-waist dresses, and hiding from bathing suits!

by Kim M on Apr 5th, 2014

Dr. Salzman did my breast augmentation in 2000. Initially, I was pleased with the surgery. Approx 3 months after, I developed a capsule in my left breast, so I went to see him about this. As soon as I told Dr. Salzman about the appearance of my breast, he immediately picked up his tape recorder/dictaphone and began recording on it! I was floored! He couldn't even wait until I finished discussing options available for fixing the problem before he discussed my breast on his recorder! After recording his "findings," he then told me that the capsule that developed in my breast was "my fault," and that I "obviously hadn't done my massages appropriately" after the surgery. I lost all respect for this physician after this follow up visit. I would never use him for any future cosmetic procedures!

|  Very dissatisfied and disappointed  |  show details
by Linda M. on Mar 22nd, 2014

I had been going to Dr Salzman Skin Care Spa for over 3 years for Botox. I had a concern about wrinkles forming in my top lip and ask what I could do to help. The nurse that had treated me for three plus years suggested a filler in my lips, which she said would help. I have thin lips so I didn't want filler to make my lips larger, which the nurse said would be a little bit, but would help the lines above my lip. After 2 weeks I called back to speak with the nurse, but she no longer worked there. I made appointment with Dr Salzman because now I have a knot in the lower lip where the filler settled. When I went to the appointment Dr Salzman and another nurse looked at me and said I could spend a $2000 -$5000 to have laser, which I do not have! I am not rich and saved the $600 to have the filler injected. Dr Salzman said I could pay to have additional filler injected! My question is what about customer satisfaction? Why should I have to pay more money to correct their mistake?

|  Rude Customer Service  |  show details
by Rebecca on Feb 28th, 2014

I went to him to get a mini facelift. I did not like his bed side manner I left his office filling very bad. I did not like the comments he said about me during the appointment. I left his office and went to Dr. Derr who was 4k cheaper did more work the Salzman said he was going to do. He also did what Salzman said could not be done for the additional 4k. Once you get his quote got to Dr. Derr.

|  Just do it!  |  show details
by KM on Oct 21st, 2013

Dr. Salzman's practice is the total package! Everyone in his office is very caring, excellent in each of their jobs with a friendly atmosphere! What a team! Thank you Dr Salzman!

|  Now looking as young as I feel  |  show details
by KYGirl on Mar 21st, 2013

Dr. Salzman did my mini facelift with PRPin the office! I recovered quickly and now will look as good as I feel. The staff was helpful and very nice. He did a great job.

|  I look as good as I feel, thanks Doc!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

I visited the office looking for liposuction to my abdomen and hips. I found as I was aging, I was looking rounder but maintain a pretty healthy diet. He did the LiteShape laser treatment in the office. I was comfortable and on my way home in a few hours. Now, weeks later I feel and look better. I would recommend Dr salzman and his staff. They were so nice and really cared about me.

Apr 7th, 2012

Dr. Salzman and his office staff are very professional and caring. I highly recommend him.

|  He's the best!  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

My results were better than I even could have hoped for!! Excellent all around!

|  Best Doctor Ever!!  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2012

Dr, Salzman is an amazing doctor. He gave me all the information i needed to know about my surgery. He is so nice, so is everyone else in his office. He is a caring doctor. very good wait time in office, and with follow ups. I would HIGHLY recomend Dr. Salzman!!!

|  Best Doctor ever  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2011

I had breast reduction. After consulting with another doctor first, I went to Dr. Salzman for a second opinion. He was more thorough, more patient, and more realistic about setting my expectations. The surgery went wonderfully. I was at ease and well cared for and it has been life changing--no more headaches or shoulder pains. The results are great!!

|  I'm so glad I had this procedure done!!!  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

Dr. Salzman is the best. He is unbelievably skilled and has an artist's eye. I'm thrilled with the results of my procedure and only wished I had not waited this long!

|  Dom't wait too long, your new you awaits!  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2011

I was thinking about having breast augmentation and Laser lipo to my tummy for a long time. Once I finally met with Dr. Salzman, I knew his goals and Mine were the same so I finally got serious about making things happen. The whole office seemed excited and genuineky interested in my treatment goals! They providrd me different ideas and choiced as to how and when to get tit all dome well. Thet even can hrlp prioritize every strp. strp patient has an area of concern and their timing plays an impokrtantv

Aug 29th, 2011

I had a breast augmentation and I wish I would have done it sooner. Now I have the body and the confidence I have always wanted. Dr. Salzman is very professional and knowledgeable and the staff is so nice and friendly.

|  Dr.Salzman  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

Him as well as his staff were very helpful to me with my surgical questions. Dr. Salzman did a wonderful job on my surgery! I LOVE my results!!! Highly Recommended!

|  He is the best!  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

I wanted to be back on the job market looking my best. Dr Salzman met with me and explained what he could do to make me look as young as I felt with a computer imager, using 3D! My results are amazing and I have the confidence to stay active in the working world without worrying that people will see me as old and less vital! Thank you Dr Salzman!

|  Wonderful Experience  |  show details
by kt on Aug 9th, 2010

I went to Dr. Salzman to inquire about having a face lift. I was very impressed with the staff from the get go. Dr. Salzman used a new camera system called the Vectra to show me what I may look like. I had my surgery, a facelift and eyelid lift. I am thrilled with my results! Thank you Dr. Salzman

|  Great Results, Great Doc  |  show details
by Old mom looking new again! on Jul 20th, 2010

I came to Dr Salzman's office wanting my pre-baby body back. I left looking even better that before! He did a tummy tuck that included liposuction in the price and a breast lift with gel implants. Now I have my 3 kids with me and I look like the babysitter! thanks!

|  Review of Dr. Salzman  |  show details
by Dissapointed on May 1st, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Salzman approximately 12 years ago. I have had a number of procedures over the years and in the beginning, he did these procedures himself. As his business grew, he began to delegate most of the minor procedures to his nursing staff and subsequently the quality of care is not that of what I was used to. I actually had a procedure done to remove vericose veins from my face and the nurse used a lazer that was too powerful causing permanent damage. Now the good Dr. Salzman wants me to pay for the repair work. I am not convinced that his modality of treatment even works. I will not use him or his staff in the future.

|  Best Louisville PLastic Surgeon  |  show details
by Petra on Feb 17th, 2010

I felt really comfortable around the entire staff. Everyone was wonderful and helpful. It was great!!! - Petra

|  Great Plastic Surgeon  |  show details
by Petra42 on Feb 12th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Best Louisville Plastic Surgeon  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 12th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I loved everything about the experience. From the nurses in the office, to the literature available in the waiting area, Dr. Salzman`s appr...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com