Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Compassionate and knowledgeable  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2013

Dr Sandberg has gone above and beyond in caring for my father who was recently diagnosed with diabetes. When we first asked for an appt none was available -we explained his situation and he saw us before the office opened! My parents were frightened -my dad was already jaundiced from his other medical issue- and dr Sandberg explained everything to them until they understood. When his blood sugars were all over the map, the nurses at the education center said they would ask the dr and get back to them. Dr Sandberg came over personally and patiently explained what we needed to do -even writing all down for us! He is a wonderful, caring and smart dr. We are so pleased with the care he has provided !

|  Former Patient at Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans, La.  |  show details
by Yvette R. Marsalis on Mar 19th, 2013

I have often thought about Dr. Sandberg over the years since he went back home and since I found this page, I want to say a few words about him. He treated my father,Ellis L. Marsalis,Sr,who has been deceased for 8 years now but I never forgot the loving care and patience Doc.took with me and my father. I pray he is doing well and know that I hold him in my prayers daily and want everyone to know that in my book, he is one of the best. Yours in Christ, Yvette R. Marsalis

Feb 14th, 2012

Very professorial. Not much eye contact.

|  Claimed he treated Graves Disease but does not  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

I came to Dr Sandberg as he claimed he could treat Graves Disease with medicine, but I found out the hard way, that he could NOT balance my meds and was not knowledgeable about how to do so. If you have Graves Disease, stay away, as I ended up in the hospital, almost in thyroid storm, after trusting this doc. After my episode, he was back on the radioactive bandwagon, as that is the ONLY way this endo knows how to treat Graves. It is now 7 years later, and with the right endo I am now in remission. Stay away.

Doctor's Response

I find it concerning that I am reviewed by someone seven year later. I offer my patients all options and I explain both the risks and benefits so we can make a joint decision, together.

|  Mr. Julien Marse  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

Years ago, when Dr. Marc Sanberg was a practicing Endocronologist at Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans, La. I was a patient of his. I had just learned I had Diabetes. From the very first visit, I knew I had found a Dr. that would not only be able to treat my diabetes, but would also treat me like a person and not a number. Throughout the years, I had nothing but praise for Dr. Sanberg of his treatment for my diabetes. One visit...he said he would be leaving Ochsner and going to New Jersey. I was going to lose a wonderful, caring Dr. and I felt like I was also losing a friend..Then he said to me..."anytime you need help, please call me in New Jersey, and I will do everything I can to help you"!!!! I will never forget Dr. Marc Sanberg and I thank you for being my dr. so many years ago...Julien Marse

Sep 9th, 2009

Very up to date.Pleasant to interact with

by John on Feb 13th, 2009

I found him to be a little abrasive but he knows what he is talking about.

|  Marc Ira Sandberg MD  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2008

An extremely competent doctor - friendly, approachable and knowledgable. Interested in conventional and complimentary treatments - I can't speak highly enough of him. A great motivator.

Mar 30th, 2008

Good Doctor!!! Very knowledgeable, personable and friendly. Takes time to answer patient's questions. Highly recommended.