Dr. Marc Silverman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 21st, 2016
I am writing this review on behalf of my Aunt who has been seeing Dr. Silverman for over a year. Both he and his secretary have been dismissive and rude to her on each occasion she had an appointment. The Dr. advised her she needed surgery, and ever since the operation her knee has been in worse shape. She has seen other doctors who have confirmed the surgery was a mistake and did more harm than good. Please think twice before seeing this doctor.

June 20th, 2016
Had shoulder and knee surgery not rushed into anything explained thoroughly and options I had very friendly and knowledgeable Dr the wait time is a bit long but he takes his time with you

October 14th, 2015
The best doctor in a world

January 12th, 2015
Dr Silverman is one if best ortho surgeons in NYC. He did my knee in 1998 and to this day no problem with the knee. When my shoulder started giving trouble, I decided I wanted him to treat me. He is excellent diagnosic doctor and gets to a solution right away.

December 8th, 2011
Don't go to this doctor!!!
Worst experience ever. This doctor has a very long waiting time. After waiting over 1hr to see him, and examining my test results, he recommended knee surgery. After 2 surgeries my pain is worse then ever. I can barely walk. Save yourself the trouble and pick someone else. I'll never recommended him to anyone.

November 14th, 2011
Not Recommended
I can accurately say that my average wait time for this doctor has been 1 hour, 45 min. (I have been to his office at least a dozen times). More importantly, regarding his expertise, I have undergone numerous treatments and two surgeries with this doctor. He NEVER repaired the problems I had with my shoulder. I believe he was not knowledgeable nor straightforward in correcting my tendon tears. Finally, after a third surgical procedure (by a different doctor) the mess that Dr. Silverman left was repaired. I will never, ever recommend this person to anyone.

August 2nd, 2011
ONE OF THE BEST
One of the best specialist I have ever been to. Seems to care about his patients and was right on with his diagnosis.

August 17th, 2010
awfull, please get 2nd opinion!
Went to see him with a knee problem!He examined me, took an xray and quickly prescribed arthroscopic knee surgery and said that would fix my pain.I went to another doct which said he would never do surgery before getting an MRI. MRI showed osteoarthritis, if I went with Silverman's surgery my problem/pain would actually get worse!! He doesnt care enough to get more test results! He recommends suregery way 2 quickly!!PLEASE!! Before surgery get 2nd opinion!

July 27th, 2010
Great dr!!
i got knee surgery by dr silverman. he is a expert on knees and shoulders.he knows what hes doing. only downside is long waits for checkup..like 1\2 hr. otherwise proffesional and cares!