Dr. F Stewart MD Patient Reviews

4.7
  • 2 reviews

August 15th, 2015
Be aggressive!!! Your first shot is your best shot.
Dr. Stewart was my Oncologist at UMass Medical Center well over 20 years ago. I was diagnosed with stage 3A Hodgkins Lymphoma. From my initial consult with him I will never forget his words. I believe we should be as aggressive as possible. We could treat you with a combination of moderate chemo plus radiation or we can be very aggressive with strong chemo and no radiation. He recommended the chemo -ABVD because as he said "The first shot is the best shot" I wouldn't wish ABVD on my worst enemy. It was horrid but I have been 100% cancer free for well over 20 years. He was funny, personable, articulate and very professional. I will never forget the day he needed to take a bone marrow biopsy from my hip. If anyone has ever seen the movie "What About Bob" picture Bill Murray jumping up and down on Richard Dreyfuss's back to dislodge chicken he was choking on. It wasn't that bad but at the time it felt like it. When it was over Dr. Stewart marveled that I must have the highest tolerence for pain of anyone he had ever had as a patient. We both actually laughed about it even though I was probably crying inside. Best Doctor I ever had in my life and he definately saved mine.

August 26th, 2014
He was very thorough on his primary examination. His bedside manner was so consoling. His follow through and the tests were discussed in a very to understanding way.