Dr. Marc Wiener MD Patient Reviews

2.5

• Good
  • Bad

April 28th, 2016
Should not be practicing medicine
He is a danger to his patients. Avoid him.

March 4th, 2013
Understands complicated medical problems. Dr Wiener did a superb job of helping me understand my father's multiple issues. It is wonderful that he is a solo doctor and takes the time to diagnose, treat and educate.

May 3rd, 2012
Avoid if at all possible - very crass and unfriendly doctor
I went to Dr. Wiener a few years ago after receiving a very nice, colorful adverstisement in the mail from his firm. It really caught my attention, stating verbatim, "are you looking for a nice doctor who takes the time to sit down and talk to you?" There was a friendly looking picture of Dr. Wiener and a list of all of his credentials and what he specialized in. His office was close, and the advertisement looked great to me! One of the cool things in the advertisement was Dr. Wiener stressed he took the time to sit down and talk to you privately in his large, patient friendly office. So, I decided to book an appointment. I called his office and I got a very blunt, short and unfriendly sounding man on the phone. I told the man what was going on, and that I had gotten one of the doctor's advertisments and that I wanted to book an appointment. We booked a time and date and the conversation was just, as mentioned, very brief and unwelcoming. AT THE TIME, I racked it up as just an unfriendly answering service..I did not know I was actually speaking to Dr. Wiener himself.I went in for my appointment and waited about a half hour - it was a very small office. Finally, a man came in the front doors with some fast food bags and just looked at me casually - said nothing, not a hello or even a nod. I was the only one waiting in the wait area. It was then only when one of the receptionists said "Hi Dr. Wiener" did I know that this was the doctor. I still decided to reserve my judgement until our consultation.Finally, I was called in. Not that it was a big deal, but our counsult was NOT in his large, patient-friendly personal office like he specified. Maybe he forgot.either way, still no big deal. Dr. Wiener talked to me in one of those run-of-the-mill basic small doctor rooms. He was very short , blunt, and unfriendly. No personality at all and no bedside manner - which many feel is very important for a doctor or nurse. It was only now that I realized this was the same person I talked to on the phone a few days earlier when I booked the appointment. I asked him several questions in which he answered me in a very rude tone. I even tried to be friendly and joke with him, he barely made any smirks and just was very unfriendly. Again, I do understand (and have had) many doctors that are just to the point and blunt - and that is okay. But Dr. Wiener was just very unfriendly.During my exam, one of his assistants entered the room without even knocking as is usually custom. I had half my clothes off and was in a gown and it was just uncomforting. Dr. Wiener continued the exam as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I felt the patient's privacy and confidentialtiy was slightly violated. Accidental, but still.My exam ended and Dr. Wiener prescribed me some medication and I was on my way out. I knew I would never again come back to him - TOTALLY NOT AT ALL WHAT HIS ADVERTISMENT PORTRAYED.By TOTAL CHANCE, I had given the flyer to my mom . Her usual doctor was on maternity leave so she was going to give Dr. Wiener a try. Long story short, she called in and spoke to one of his nurses, cancelling her appointment. She was very friendly and professional to his nurse. About a half hour later, Dr. Wiener himself calls back my mother. He asked her why she booked, then cancelled, her appointment with him. My mother just said that she called one of his nurses to cancel because an opening with another doctor had opened up and had been able to fit her in. Dr. Wiener than said something to the effect of, "well let's just cut our ties now so in the future, don't request any more appointments with me. We were like - um, okay?? What kinda doctor has the TIME to make a call like that? Completely rude and unprofessional not to mention arrogant.I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FIRM IN THE LEAST!!

April 15th, 2011
AVOID
He ignored serious symptoms and tried to treat something I don't have. I have deadly if untreated illness. I'm glad I went for a second opinion. I'm alive.

December 11th, 2009
Bonafide Quack- all women should beware.
This guy is a quack! He needs his medical books to diagnose. Told me my abnormal pap was due to the HPV virus, which is common among divorced women in their 40s. Then he discharged me as patient because I showed up 30 minutes late for appt (although I have waited 45 for him). Funny thing I followed up with OB/GYN and I did not have the HPV virus! He is crazy.

June 5th, 2009
This guy is a creep and his staff is worse....
This guy needs a shrink. I think he may be Bi-Polar. He was totally out of his mind. Everytime I tried to speak, he cut me off. I don't know how he thought he could solve the problem if he didn't let me tell him what was wrong. Even his receptionist agreed he was an a$$!

January 13th, 2017