Dr. Marc Wittenberg MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2017
Excellent Doctor!
Dr. Wittenberg is excellent! He has a great bedside manner, listens and gives you options for your pain issues. He has helped address my pain tremendously! I never feel rushed during the appointments. He is very easy to talk with and accessible if you have any important questions or concerns between appointments. Doctors like him are hard to come by! He's a gem.

April 9th, 2017
I love Dr. Wittenberg. He has great bedside manner and really wants to help ease your pain. Staff is fair & has varying level of kindness. Some are nice & others act like they're doing you a favor by helping you for services you're paying for. Be prepared to wait a long time for treatment. I didn't like the fact I got hit with a $300 drug test bill because they used an out-of-network lab. I love the doc so would return if I needed further pain relief. It would be nice if staff were more friendly & the place was a little cleaner.

March 1st, 2017
Just Another Number
If your just interested in drugs, this is the doctor for you. I've spent 5 years with chronic back pain and came to Dr. Wittenberg to discuss options. I was very clear about my intentions of discussing possible solutions and try to figure out what is causing my back pain and was not looking for drugs or surgery. After waiting an hour and a half he only spent 5 minutes with me. He barely listened to what I had to say and then recommended drugs. Which, if he was listening to me, I wanted to avoid. He did not discuss a plan or options. He left the office as I was still trying to figure out why he was leaving since we didn't have a "discussion" at all.

August 16th, 2016
Professional and thorough
I was very anxious about my procedure. The entire staff was professional and caring which put me at ease. Dr Wittenberg is very professional, answered all of my questions during my follow-up appointment and really listened to my concerns.

November 26th, 2015
Dr. Marc Wittenberg took his time to explain everything to me and has been excellent with making sure I was comfortable during my procedure. His staff is always professional willing to assistance you with any questions. I'd recommend Dr. Wittenberg hands down!

June 29th, 2015
He really listened to me! I feel that if it wasn't for him listening to me I would still been in pain. I would recommend him to anyone.

October 31st, 2012
Nice doctor!
This office got me an immediate appointment which I'm grateful for. I liked Dr. Wittenberg, I thought he paid attention to me and addressed my complaints.

June 9th, 2012
Very poor follow-up

November 11th, 2011
One of the best!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Wittenberg for over 6 years, he is an excellent doctor. I have chronic pain, diabetic neuropathy, and most recently, a herniated disc in my neck... Dr Wittenberg has attended to my pain management care in a conservative, yet effective manner. His bedside manner is very good, he takes the time to talk with me, coordinates care with my primary care physician, as well as with my ob/gyn when I was pregnant...he is thorough, ethical, conservative in his medication management, and follows all precautionary practices with regard to pain management medications. I have referred friends and family to him, and all have been very satisfied with the care they received. As far as a god complex, I strongly disagree, I haven't experienced that at all with him. Pain management specialists often review a case prior to accepting a new patient, due to the nature of their practice, they must be cautious of patients who "doctor shop", and those who are "med seeking", without justifiable injury. A respected and ethical physician is going to review a case prior to treating, to ensure they are not taking on a patient who is only looking to score meds, as opposed to someone who is truly wanting to participate in their treatment, and will be dedicated to following the treatment plan, and reaching certain goals in functioning and pain control. I have had numerous procedures done by dr Wittenberg, including injections and rhizotomy, and feel that my care and well being are his top priority at all times...!

October 24th, 2011
Have heard great things....but I wouldn't know
When attempting to make an appointment with Dr. Wittenberg, based on a referral from a family member, for my ongoing battle with chronic pain, I was told that the doctor would have to "review" my request and then give me an answer as to whether or not he will see me. Apparently, his God complex would not allow him to see me (did I say something wrong?) nor to provide me with a reason as to why he wouldn't see me. Mind you, I've only been seeing my primary care physician for my pain for the past few years, it's time I seek someone in the practice of caring for people with chronic pain and I've heard that Dr. Wittenberg is great, but I wouldn't know first hand, because he didn't want to find out about me. So, best of luck to you in making an appointment with him, and if he deems you to be worthy of his attention, hopefully he lives up to his reputation as a great doctor.

April 30th, 2011
very good and caring

February 25th, 2011
Absolutely the rudest person I have ever met, let alone the way he conducted himself in a completely unethical manner. This "doctor" in my opinion is unfit to see a rabid dog. I will find where I can lodge a formal complaint against him.