General Practitioner, Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile
Financial District
NYU -Trinity Centre
111 Broadway
Fl 2
New York, NY 10006
212-263-9700
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  STAY AWAY!!! Dr Marcel Laufer behaves inappropriately!  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2014

I only visited this Dr once, and it was traumatic. It felt like Dr. Marcel Laufer was abusing his authority as a Dr to perform certain "exams" that were very inappropriate..& asked several sexual questions during his "evaluation". He gave me the creeps, to say the least. I had to request a female nurse to be present when he performed the exam, & he acted like I was overreacting. The nurse came in, he performed an anal exam (which I REALLY do not think was even necessary in the slightest), then when the nurse left, he said "Oh, I think I need to check again", as if to sneakily get his way & examine me without a witness present. I was so scared of him & paralyzed but still demanded the nurse be called back in for it. Again, he acted like I was overreacting. Isn't that standard practice to have someone else present for such exams?? I absolutely felt violated, in danger & in the presence of a sexual abuser. I do not say any of this lightly, knowing a Dr's reputation is at stake here. But other people should not be put in harm's way with him. I'm a strong smart woman, & if he did that to me, then it must be something he does routinely, often without the patients even realizing how inappropriate he is being because of how sneaky he is about it. He abuses his authority, preying on vulnerable people who are trusting him when they need medical help. I truly believe he is sick & a danger to his patients.

|  Follow up is iffy  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2013

Dr. Laufer is certainly a knowledgeable doctor, but follow up from one patient to the other is very different, which is totally incomprehensible.

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2013

Dr. Laufer does not care enough about his patients and their illnesses. Will often request tests unnecessarily. Doesn't know what he's talking about

|  Terrible  |  show details
May 31st, 2013

He is probably the worse GI doctor in NYC. Told me my test results looked fine and i went about my life only to find out two years later from a doctor from the same network that my test results were NOT fine and that i tested positive for H. Pylori when the doctor was able to tap into my testing results from two years ago. He was not thorough and touched me in ways that felt inappropriate. I would not recommend. Stay away.

|  Happy with Dr. Laufer  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

and he has a certain humorous way about him

|  Recommended  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

Dr. Laufer handles both gastro-enterology and general medecine, a good mix for many.