Dr. Marcel Odaimi MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 30th, 2014
Nasty
For a Cancer Center they are rude and do not make it easy to make an appointment. I am passing out and falling and was told I can't be seen for two weeks and if I cannot wait I need to go to the ER where I went when I was bleeding!

March 13th, 2014
son
I had a very negative experience with doctor Odaimi, MD from the begin of our relationship it was clear that he lacked compassion, but my dad was willing to go with him perhaps because his clinical skills were unknown to us at the time and we also had no reason to doubt his medical ability. I first encounter involved the good doctor yelling at me because I had many questions as to why my dad PSA level when from 17 to 117 with four months, while he was being seen by doctors at staten island university hospital. He was more concern with passing the blame to the urologist than to try and help navigate us though a very problematic medical crisis. He would not answer why a more aggressive treatment program was not done for my dad, why did the hospital fail to provide proper treatment or why my dad was not given chemo when he was first diagnose. My dad being a very quiet and peaceful man wanted us to start chemo and avoid the conflict at that point. My dad first chemo treatment involved them ruining his arm by place the chemo drugs not in his veins but in his skin, rendering his left arm useless. My dad being a lefty had to learn how to use his right hand to feed himself because he no longer could use his painful left hand. Again no explanation from the good doctor nor did he want to address the issue with the family. The good doctor then decided to take my dad off regular chemo apparently because if was not working and but decided to send him home with a new drug called xtandi after being on the drug more than a year at home my dad was hospitalize twice for different reasons one including blood clots. The good doctor never visited him while at the same hospital. My dad was later send to the nursing home to undergo rehab for his leg. Both the nursing home and Dr. Odaimi decided to take my dad of the xtandi without telling or getting my dad or the family consent. We were unaware that he was no longer getting chemo and with the three months my dad was in the nursing home he when from just having pains and aches in his leg to not being able to walk, talk, eat, he now has only days to live. Stay away from this doctor he has no compassion and lacks simple common sense. I would not recommend him at all.

March 22nd, 2017