Dr. Marcelle Owens MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 22nd, 2016
Unable to get appointment
Found Dr. Owens online and liked her credentials. Some of the reviews mention difficulty in getting appointments. That is very true!!! I called several times in one week and could never get through, either a disconnect or a strange sound at the other end. Today I tried several times with similar results, finally a lady answered who put me on hold so long that the music played and started over several times. Finally a person who said that they were busy and she would put me on hold until someone could help me. Makes me wonder if the doctor will have time to treat me properly!!!. So I told her "no thank you" and called a doctor recommended by a friend.

August 12th, 2012
Outstanding doctor!
She is so caring and spent a great deal of time with me. She listened and moved forward accordingly. I would highly recommend her!

July 10th, 2012
Dr. appears caring. It took about 2.5 months to get an appointment for a consultation and I was okay with that. The office called to change appointment because Dr. Ownes was going to be on vacation during my scheduled appointment time. They said it would an additional 2 months before they could reschedule. Never had a doctor take more than a week or two to reschedule when they were the ones that had to change the appointment. Approximately 4.5 months to get an appointment and the fact that they even suggested that is unacceptable. I had to ask myself how caring and respectful of me this office really is. I prefer a balance of caring and professionalism.

May 15th, 2012
Jacquelyn
Simply the best. Couldn't have asked for a more concerned and attentive doctor. Considering the procedure, take this as a rave review.

March 27th, 2012
I saw Dr. Owens for several years for severe GERD (and had surgery for it) and she was caring and knowledgeable, but when, a couple of years after surgery, everything I ate got stuck in my esophagus and caused extreme pain, rendering me unable to eat entirely, I called her office to get an appointment. Despite my insistence that the problem was urgent (being unable to eat seemed important), I was unable to get an appointment with her for 3 months. I called another gastroenterologist and was able to get in to see him the same week, and had tests done, was sent to a surgeon and had surgery to fix the problem within a month - two months before I could have even gotten in to see Dr. Owens for a consult. Dr. Owens herself was nice for the years that I saw her, but my inability to get in to see her (and her office's unwillingness to even consider the problem urgent) when faced with an urgent problem makes me unable to recommend her.

March 10th, 2011
Very impressed with Dr Owens
I found Dr Owens to be a very kind, caring and a very thorough doctor. She diagnosed my condition with the best of care. Her office staff is outstanding. They treat you with kindness and make you feel welcomed. I can't remember the last time I visited a doctor's office that made me feel at ease. Dr Owens caring and thorough manner gave me confidence of being in safe hands. I can't say enough good thoughts about Dr Owens. I was very impressed with her the first time I met with her. I would highly recommend Dr Owens to my friends should they ever need this type of specialist.

August 23rd, 2009
Excellent Doctor!
Dr. Owens is a fabulous doctor! She knows her medicine, is very caring about her patients, and will go above and beyond to get the necessary information needed for accurate diagnosis. Having an on-site testing center makes her office a one-stop facility and her staff makes you feel like your well cared for. She is an excellent doctor and as a patient for ten years I highly recommend her!