Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Endocrinologist
Video profile

2.5

Feb 24th, 2015

This doctor is awful. He spent ZERO minutes with us once we got started in ivf and of course, had paid. Not even a phone call to ask how we were doing or at crucial/ emotional points if the cycle. Everything was relegated to the nurses and technicians. Look for a doctor that cares about you as a patient. This clearly not IVF Florida, which is, as another reviewer put it, an IVF factory

Terrible Experience show details Terrible Experience
by Bob on Oct 2nd, 2014

This doctor was awful. We always had to wait 1 hours to see him even when we were the first appointment of the day. He was like a used car salesman always pushing the most expensive treatments and creating unrealistic expectations for success. On our 3rd visit, while patiently waiting an hour to see him, I walked up to the front desk only to see that he was obviously on a personal call. He took us in and we patiently waited for the results of the test. We didn't say anything about his tardiness. He seemed to be in a bad mood from his personal call. He REFUSED to give us the results , said we needed to leave his practice and threatened to call the POLICE! Thanks for making my wife cry because of YOUR personal issues!

The Worse Doctor ever show details The Worse Doctor ever
by Aline on Aug 28th, 2014

This Dr. Marcelo Barrionuevo doesn't know what his is doing . He not a good doctor If you try Ivf please never waist your time with him . I had a bad experience with my Ivf cycle. For him a was not able to produce eggs with the dose of Gonal F and manoper. He stopped my cycle 2 times and we were starting talking about of eggs donor. Thank God I switched Doctors and I got pregnant in my first cycle ... My new doctor just did one simple thing , increase my medication dose and in my first ultrasound I had 11 eggs . Marcelo Barrunueno doesn't know what he is doing . He won't help you . He will take your time and money.

best doctor by far show details best doctor by far
Jul 29th, 2014

This doctor has so much knowledge however, he knows how to explain complicated things in a very easy to understand way. Very approachable, very thorough, extremely profesional. The best doctor ever.

Horrible doctor & rude office staff show details Horrible doctor & rude office staff
Mar 17th, 2014

Worst experience with this doctor and his rude office staff. To obtain an appointment is a nightmare!!!!!! I don't recommend this office.

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
Nov 8th, 2013

This doctor is amazing, he really take care of you. Has the patience to hear all your questions, giving you an honest answer. This doctor gives you piece. The staff are amazing, every single person is nice there. Its hard to get your first app, but after that everything is easy because they are organized. Doctor Barrionuevo told me to do just artificial insemination, I did and worked at the first time! Everytime I had a question, I talked with a nurse, and they helped me right away. Love them!

Jul 16th, 2013

Worst experience ever! I saw this dr twice throughout my IVF process. The staff was rude and could never give me a straight answer to anything when I would call with an issue. Dr. Barrionuevo never did my procedures,another dr did...where was he? (Who knows)...they are definitely all about the money & that's just sad! I am upset that I wasted my time & money with them but every disappointment is a blessing!

Aug 3rd, 2011

Dr. Barrionuevo, is very unprofessional, i got to see this Dr. 4 times throughout my five months treatment, and after i got a Negative Beta (not Pregnant) i never heard from him not even a phone call to discuss my results. 8/3/11

Don't go there show details Don't go there
Jul 27th, 2011

We waited 1 hour and 45 minutes to see him and before even talking to us, he wanted to do a physical just to get money out of us. The staff was unprofessional and rude. I don't recommend him to anyone. Everything is a rush and he really doesn't explain all the details of IVF. A big disappointment.

Not impressed show details Not impressed
by S.R. from North Miami Beach on Nov 20th, 2010

Not impressed with this doctor. While it is true he and the staff are experienced, it felt like going through a mass production line... And as soon as they found I wasn't a candidate for IVF (despite still unable to conceive), I was pushed aside. Some of the tests ordered were painful and unnecessary, and nobody could explain why they were being asked. They won't call you to advise of any test results, they will leave a message on a voice mail system (?). Let alone actually explaining them to you, before the follow up appointment, which was given to me 4 weeks after the tests were done. If I were a good candidate for IVF, i.e. a profitable patient, I am sure it would have been a different story. I cannot recommend this doctor.

Sep 3rd, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Find someone else. He is a salesman more than a doctor

Aug 26th, 2009

Dr. Marcelo Barrionuevo is an excellent physician with incredible care for his patients.