Dr. Marcelo Burciaga DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 23rd, 2012
Very Pleased
I had to comment on my visit here, after seeing the false statement that was made by this "so called" pharmacist. First of all, a D.O. is basically a doctor that study's medicine a bit differently. I dont think that the state of California would let doctor's that did not pass the board practice medicine. My experience with Dr. Marcelo Burciaga was one of the best so far. I was in there for an ankle injury. Right when I walked in, the nurse rushed me an ice pack, and offered me a bottle of water. After about 10 minutes, I was brought back. I had my vitals taken and in came dr. Burciaga. He seemed to be very concerned about my pain, and asked if I would like a shot to help. He Immediately ordered x-ray's. As the tech took me into the x-ray room, he seemed concerned as well, and was rather friendly. When my x-ray's were completed, Dr. Burciaga took the time to show me the pictures, and went into full detail on the structures of my foot. He walked in to this so called "Glass room", and began to write my prescription. I do understand that he needs to go over my chart, and figure out which medicine would be right for my type of injury. I know he just cant hand me a prescription. He explained my medicine, and wished me well. My total experience was a pleasent one. I recommend this place to all my friends and family. as for mr. pharmacist, I am pretty sure that you are upset because you did not possibly recieve the drugs you were looking for, or maybe you expected a red carpet rolled out because your are a so called pharmacist, but none the less, you can not go on a website and slam a perfectly good doctor because you didn't get your way. Two thumbs up, three if I had them!!!

April 5th, 2012
Very Callous. He's not even an M.D. but a D.O.
I usually don't write reviews on doctors, but so many of us are having horrendous experience with doctors. And this one was specially lacking skills in medical care or even basic inter-personal skills. But it began even before I entered their office: The building was hard to find, and I called when I was outside. The receptionist was rude, and didn't give me any direction or tips, she kept repeating the address, which I already had. It was in a business complex of buildings. When I found it myself, she was doing nothing. They made me wait over 1 hour. There was only one patient ahead of me. Very un-professional staff from the beginning. The check-in nurse didn't even check my temperature, weight, blood pressure... though I'm walking into an urgent care clinic. This man walked in the room, looked sloppy, didn't even introduce himself, and he turned out to be the doctor, to my surprise. He asked me what am I here for? When I was telling him my symptoms. He cross-questioned me in a sarcastic way, as if I don't know what I'm talking about. In the end he said i'm going to write a prescription, and then he left abruptly, and didn't even ask me if I needed anything else. He then walked out, and sat in a glass room in front of a computer and totally ignored me. i waited in the exam room. Then this nurse walked in and rudely asked me what are you doing here? I said I just saw the doctor and am waiting for the prescription. She said: You're supposed to wait outside in the reception area. I said I was not told anything and just left hanging. I am a pharmacist, and was shocked at the rude behavior of these health care practitioners. Now they made me wait another 30 minutes just to hand me over the prescription. I thought the delay might be due to a computer problem, and that they are going to give me an electronic copy or printout of a prescription. But it was a hand-written prescription, which the nasty doctor could have give me before he left the room, it would have taken him 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes. He also seemed incompetent. Later I looked him up, and found out he's not an M.D., he's a D.O, (doctor of Ostheopathic medicine). These are people who can't pass the board exam for M.D. His name is Marcello Burciaga. Stay away!

August 11th, 2011
Flight attendant
Dr. Berciaga is professional and caring. I felt very comfortable with him. I have never felt rushed in this office by the doctor, the PA, Karen Delahoussaye, orthe chiropractor, Dr. Douglas Howard. Everyone is wonderful there. I highly recommend US Healthworks in Pomona. I was well taken care of with my injury. Good job!

October 10th, 2012