Dr. Marci Ostroff MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 26th, 2015
First 8 Wks sonogram disappointment broke down
So I called the office about my 5th week once I found out I was pregnant. I wanted to schedule an appointment to have a sonogram done. I anxiously waited for 4 weeks until I was 8 weeks. When I arrived to the office the check I. Process was very straight forward. They called me in within 15 mins of my arrival. They took my vitals signs and took me to a consultation room where I waited all alone for about 20 mins. My husband was sitting outside in the waiting room. I called him and told him to come in the room to wait with me. The medical assistant got so upset because I wanted him in the room. I'm like ok whatever. That's my husband and I want him in the room with my for support. The doctor finally arrives into the room and immediately starts getting the scan ready. I asked her if it was ok for my husband to record the screen. We wanted it as a memory. She rudely said NO!! Then I ask her if we were going to get a picture she said yes we give you 1 picture. I said ONLY 1 picture? She replied as she was annoyed by me " I'll give you each 1 picture". Did I mentioned she gave me and my husband he same exact picture. Are you kidding me? In addition to all that she turned the speakers on for literally less than a second for us to hear the heart beat. I was devastated by this point. I had been dreaming about my babies heart beat and that was the reason why I want to record the whole experience. This doctor is so rough and rude. Has no compassion for her patients especially when going through this such beautiful and emotional experience. I'm already on the search for a new doctor. This office rotates you through all 5 of their doctors and that's just not an experience I want to go through. I want one doctor to treat my pregnancy where I can feel comfortable and cared for. I would not recommend this doctor or office. Please don't do that to yourself or your baby.

March 30th, 2015
Horrible bedside manner. Speaks down to patients, rude, cold, insensitive. Avoid her & her attitude.

January 13th, 2014
Poor Example of a Doctor
Dr.Ostroff is a very poor physician.She is over confident arrogant and is very weak with her diagnostic skills .

December 13th, 2013
find someone else, actually choose a different office altogether!
Most of the staff you will come into contact with, is rude. They do not answer by name when they answer they phone, and they get very offended if you ask their name. They always immediately put you on hold as soon as they answer - and they don't request to put you on hold just in case you call is urgent - nope they just answer and thrust you on hold without any exceptions. The doctors aren't much better. Marci Ostroff only spent time with me at my first visit. I feel like she is old enough that she should retire and also that means I was surprised she did not display enough experience to know much about my previous PCOS condition. She kept asking if my last cycle date was correct (bc due to PCOS my cycles are all over the place) and kept asking if I was sure!? I keep a log, and I had to again tell her that it is a characteristic of PCOS to have such a long cycle. They usually did not give me any ultrasound pics to take home, either. They have 4 doctors so that you become familiar with each one over the course of your pregnancy and will know the doctor who actually delivers. Boy was this wrong! The day of labor I went there as scheduled and already knew I'd be heading to the hospital next. I was told that none of their doctors were on duty and that I'd get a different doctor who they assured me was a good doctor. Ugh! This was the ONLY reason I even considered going to this office bc their plan sounded good! Only to not even end up knowing the doctor who did the delivery! Obviously I already gave birth and will be finding a new OBGYN for the future - I even cancelled my pap smear with this office bc I simply do not ever want to go back. I like the LIJ hospital bc it is brand new, clean, and you get your own private room - but even if I find a different doctor who practices there, I'm worried that if I give birth there again that one of Marci Ostroff's doctors might be on duty! The ONLY good person at her office is Amy Newman. She is a gem! Unfortunately she is just a nurse practicioner, but her demeanor and bedside manner is amazing.

October 15th, 2012
BE very wary-- misdiagnosed my condition--gave me someone else's test results

September 12th, 2012
I am a patient for at least 15 years. During that time I went for my yearly exams. Once they did not call me with an abnormal pap, and I found out by chance, after calling that I did not feel right. Still I continued to go, there are always human errors and I felt that this was an isolated incident. Two years ago when the doctor asked me how I was I told her that I was diagnosed with early onset parkinson's. When I became emotional she left the room!!!! when she returned she proceeded with the exam as if I had said nothing. I recently gave up my insurance and my husbands insurance now became my primary. The office called two days before my appointment to tell me that it was still coming up as my secondary insurance. I contacted the company had my insurance company fax the required information. When I arrived for my appointment, I was told that it still was coming up as a secondary insurance. Apparently it had not been processed at that time. Clearly I had insurance, a carrier I had been with for 10 years or more, but they was not enough for the good doctor. She wanted a credit card, just in case. When I told her I was not comfortable leaving my credit card information I was told I would not be examined. I repeated that I am a patient for over 15 years and that it was apparent that I had coverage that they participate in, but again was told no exam. Of course the doctor never spoke to me directly and although I left a message asking her to call me I have not heard from her. I requested my records to be sent to me and will never go there again. By the time I left there I was extremely symptomatic. Hard to believe that I was treated with such indifference

January 13th, 2010
A Nightmare
The doctor hardly spent any time with me. Follow-up care is usually with the nurse-practitioner, who is very uncaring and not very gentle. She butchered me during my exams. The office is more interested in pushing for in-office sonograms and selling dvd packages of them. If you're not an OB patient you get very little attention. The final insult was when I tried to get my records. It took 6 weeks,5 phone calls and 2 faxes and all they cared about was getting paid for the copies.

February 7th, 2008
Not a good Choice
This doctor does not take her time with you and has ver limited knowledge of today's medicine.

January 30th, 2017