Dr. Marcia Adelman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 26th, 2011
I have never worked with a psychiatrist like Dr. Adelman. She is kind and caring, she is insightful, yet allows me to think for myself and have input into my treatment.It is reassuring to be able to contact her by email and she never made me feel like I was a bother to her. I miss her so much these days, she was a real person who treated me like a real person. And I wish she was still here. But I want for her to be happy, so hope she is happy in Ohio.

October 19th, 2010
Best psychiatrist I ever had. Such a shame she relocated to Ohio in May of 2010

June 6th, 2010
Dr. Adelman is a genuine, smart doctor with incredible insight. She is available when I need her and being able to contact her through email is comforting in terms of her being there. Dr. Adelman gets me, and it is hard to find a psychiatrist who is as smart and for real as she is.

January 27th, 2009
Best Psychiatrist You Will Find - Period.
I have seen a number of psychiatrists in Maryland and DC over the past 7 years, both men and women. It wasn't until I saw Dr. Adelman that my life got better. Don't waste years of your life like I did - most of the other psychiatrists are awful. Dr. A is the best one you're going to find around here - PERIOD.

October 6th, 2008
best psychiatrist i've ever seen
I have been misdiagnosed for years---everything from depression to ADD to OCD to everything else...finally Dr. Adelman has given me what seems to be the right diagnosis. You can't get the right treatment until you get the right diagnosis, so things are getting better finally. She says her favorite thing is to treat bipolar disorder, but she is really good at just making a diagnosis and following up with me. She is easy to talk to, not pretentious like other doctors, and I can reach her all the time by email if I have questions. It takes a few days to get an appointment---but do you really want to go see a doctor who is so un-busy that they have an appointment tomorrow? Good doctors are busy, but she is worth the wait.