Sports Medicine Specialist, General Practitioners, Internist

1652 Madison Ave
Midtown, Memphis, TN 38104
901-278-9538
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dissatisfied patient  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

Very unprofessional. The office manager and the girl Kiki played and flirted the whole visit I was there. I feel like Kiki is not a professional name so why did they tell me to call her that. I was placed on hold too long when trying to schedule the appointment. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this dr. Their his a high turn over wit workers. So that should let you know there is no professionalism in place.

|  Improved Office  |  show details
by Current Patient on Apr 11th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Bowden's for over 5 years. She's a wonderful doctor! The staff she's had there previously was rude, ghetto and very unprofessional! I called the office to schedule an appt. and was greeted by Lisa. I could hear her smile through the phone. Went for my visit and was impressed. Those young ladies in the front are wonderful! Lisa and KiKi are very professional, polite and have patience. Great Customer Service!

|  Happy Patient  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2014

Thanks to KiKi at the front desk and Dr Bowden for doing such an amazing job today! Excellent staff!

|  Good Registered Nurse  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2014

Dr Bowde, I am writing this in response to the comment that was put on your review page by Marcia Marlow , she is not a patient and she bragged to me what she was doing. You should contact her supervisor Amy Bennett @ Davita Dialysis, 901-747-6603. its hard enough being a practitioner and for someone to do something so maliciously and mean spirited, it says a lot about her character. She's a stalker and continuously leaves notes on your husband black convertible jag and he's definitely not the only guy the she's stalking. I asked her why was she doing it and she said why not. Really sad! How could you love being a nurse and be so hateful. I am sorry again , she is a nurse that should be on a lifetime special. Crazy Nurse!

|  Registered Nurse  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2014

I recently visted this office and the staff is unprofessional! Her office Manager/Husband was VERY FLIRTY! She was rude to me because she knew his reactions toward me were inappropriate! Her insecurity is within herself! If she wants to work with her husband she shouldn't be so jealous! Keep an eye on him because he may be sleeping with the ladies in the office! Or he may just be a down low brother! With all of this being said, if you are a beautiful woman such as myself, this is not the doctor to visit unless you are over 65. Oh...by the way he know who I am!!!

by TONYA J on Jan 7th, 2014

SHE IS THE BEST

by susan reed on May 24th, 2013

Thank you Dr. Bowden and staff we appreciate the excellence. I miss the old tv in the lobby but I will adjust. Accent Health TV is ok.

|  overall office visit  |  show details
by current patient on Apr 3rd, 2013

Dr. Bowden is a great Dr. Nice n friendly. Her staff was nice n pleasant all except for da lady with the nose ring at the front desk. She was rude n act as if she didn't care for the patients. The referral lady Kaye takes for ever to get your referral done And when you call for her she gets on the phone all rude.

|  Birthday Visit  |  show details
by santa pattom on Mar 28th, 2013

I always like to do my annual visit on my birthday. This year was no different except I decided to try a new doctor. I had heard wonderful reviews about Dr. Bowden and was interested to try her myself. I went for my visit and the staff was most gracious and professional. The waiting area was nice although, fortunately I did not get to enjoy it long for I was promptly called back for my scheduled appointment. I was a little anxious about meeting Dr. Bowden but she quickly called my nerves. She performed a routine examination and provided exceptional bedside mannerism. Her assistants were very effective as well. My visit ran smoothly and efficiently. I am very pleased with the service and care at Bowden Internal Medicine.I will be back in the future.

|  LOVELY OFFICE  |  show details
by JANICE PARKER on Mar 27th, 2013

I visited Dr Bowden today and I was very impressed. The office staff was very friendly and the environment was immaculant. There is beautiful art work throughout the whole office and the rooms are spacious. I was able to address the staff by their names because everyone had on name tags which was very professional. I appreciate everything they did for me and I look forward to my next appoitment. Dr Bowden is an excellent doctor and her personality is remarkable.

|  I'll be back!  |  show details
by Vanessa on Mar 5th, 2013

I used to hate going to the doctor, but now I welcome it after finding Dr. Marcia Bowdin. Scheduling an appointment was easy and I when I arrived for my appointment, the wait period was short. The office staff are warm and caring. The office manager is quite hilarious. All of these characteristics of the staff helped to ease my anxiety about coming to the doctor. I was promptly called back for my exam. Dr. Marica was very professional and empathetic to my needs. The exam went smoothly and I was left with an accurate diagnosis. I will be coming back to Dr. Bowdin for any further healthcare needs. I have also been referring my friends and family. Great experience overall.

|  A CLASS ACT  |  show details
by PPORTER on Feb 21st, 2013

My significant other doesn't like going to the dr and I beg and plead with him to go because I see the constant discomfort that he is experienccing day after day. I found Dr Bowden on the web and I was very apprehensive about going forward with the appt after reading some of the comments on here but I went forward with it despite what I read. I prayed about it and I contacted the office anyway and was given an appt for the same day at 11 which was very impressive. Once he came home he immediately went into how his office visit went. The first thing he asked is where did I find her? He said that he had a great experience and not only did he feel better, but he thanked Dr Bowden and her staff for everything they did. From beginning to end the service was great and he had already told some friends about her before he got home. I find this to be a bit strange considering how he never goes to the Dr. I prayed about his situation and about Dr Bowden and I know I have made a geat choice for me and my family. I found the reviews to be the opposite of what my significant other said and look forward to visiting with Dr Bowden myself.

|  Dr. Bowden  |  show details
by Long time Patient on Feb 2nd, 2013

I have been one of Dr. Bowden's patients for many years. I watched her grow and become stronger with each one of my visits. We as patients will never know the difficulties that come with being a physician. But when you walk into her office her wonderful personality and just her caring spirit alone would make you think that it's the easiest and most enjoyable job in the world. I love my physician and I can't express how proud I am to have such a distinguished black female physician caring for me and my health. She doesn't just focus on health, she cares about you as a person overall. That makes her office wonderful and welcoming! I hope she gets to see this and knows she is appreciated by so many people.

|  Big Improvement with Current office manager Mr. Marche'  |  show details
by southern hospitality on Feb 2nd, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Bowden for years. I hadn't been in her office in years due to low moral in the past. I see such an improvement with the current manager. Mr. Marche' was so friendly, professional, and courteous to the patients and staff. Patients appreciate a professional environment and feeling like health professionals care about their health needs. Mr. Marche' is always dressed professional and acts professional. You lead by example and he's done and exceptional job with what he has to work with among the staff. Dr. Bowden is probably thankful for such a great full time husband and business partner. Keep up the good work:)

|  My experience  |  show details
by Happy Patient on Feb 1st, 2013

I had heard good things about Dr, Marcia Bowden from friends who go to her so I decided to try her out as well. Booking my appointment was simple and when I arrived on the day of my appointment, the staff greeted me with warm smiles. The staff and especially the office manager, we very friendly and professional. I did not wait long to be seen. Dr. Bowden was attentive to my needs and gave a thorough examination. I was pleased with the care and efficient. I felt comfortable in her care. I found my new doctor! I will be rebooking in the future.

|  My visit  |  show details
by Cummings on Feb 1st, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at dr. Bowdens office on this past Tuesday. It was quiet, I signed in and the receptionist was extremely pleasant. The young lady with the blonde hair was very helpful and when she took my blood I didn't feel a thing. Dr. Bowden is so wonderful and her spirit is so welcoming and warm and that was just the type of doctor I needed. When she came in and finished seeing me the same young lady that checked me in checked me out and she did it with a smile and she was respectful and helpful at all times. I would recommend Dr. Bowden to anyone! Plus she is a SOROR!!!! OO-OOP!!!!

|  Ira Marche' what a joke!  |  show details
by Ms. FIRE THE OFFICE MANAGER on Jan 31st, 2013

First of all, Dr. Bowden is a fab physician! She has always been a good physician. But her office manager/part time husband was a terrible decision. He does not know how to handle business. The way he talks to his employees is terrible. My niece was there when she had nurse practitioners and he really talked bad to one of his nurses and sent her home then the asked the question "you like how I did that?" Never in a professional office in memphis have i seen such un professionalism. I know dr. Bowden isn't aware of all this. Not the Dr. Bowden I know. I think if she hires a new office manager her office will be much better. I've never met anyone like Dr. Bowden she is phenomenal and she always has done stupendous as a physician but she can do bad all by herself if she got rid of the character of an office manager...

|  FIRST TIMER...  |  show details
by TGREEN on Jan 25th, 2013

This was my first vist to Dr. Bowden and I must say the Dr. and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The office setting made me feel comfortable and relaxed. Overall, the staff was very attentive to my needs and after my vist I was extremely satisfied. I would recommend this office to others that are looking for a physican that makes you feel like a friend and not just another patient.....

|  GREAT SERVICE  |  show details
by JPARKER on Jan 25th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Bowden for about 3 years now and every time I step in the office from beginning to end the service is always exceptional! The staff is very friendly especially her husband who greets every patient with a warm and friendly smile. I would recommend this facility to anybody that is looking for a new Dr. or a replacement. I love it here.

|  Excellent choice  |  show details
by LDR on Jan 16th, 2013

I am currently a patient at Bowden Internal Medicine and I have been for the past 11 years. The service that I have received from Dr. Bowden and her staff has been very exceptional. I am always greeted with a smile and the staff is very attentive to your needs. The facility is impeccably nice and warming and I always feel comfortable being there. Although there are several hundred other practices in the city, due to the great service that I have received over the years and wonderful relationships that I have established I won't change. I recommend anyone looking for a physician that truly cares to consider Dr. M. R Bowden and her staff for all of your medical needs.

|  Never Again  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

After visiting this office the whole staff including the doctor is rude. The bathrooms were not clean and sanitary. Patients files were all over the file room which is a Violation. Dr.Bowden has no bedside manners at all! Nikki was the rudest first of all I'm a patient and not your friend and she talked to me as if I was a friend of hers from the Hood. Basically you are what you hire! Or maybe you are so tight with money that you really can't afford to pay more professional people.

Aug 13th, 2012

Would not recommend this dr to anyone! Dr Bowden is nice; however her front desk staff is sub par. I would be embarrassed if I were her. They are a direct reflection of her and her practice. I agree with all the comments and other reviews. Wished I had come to this site before scheduling an appt. would have saved 3 hours of wasted time

|  Will Not Return  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

Dr. Bowden really is a sweet an attentive doctor, she need to fire her whole staff. The staff is extremely Rude. The staff show NO concern. So I had to find better service elsewhere..

|  Bad  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

Dr. Bowden is a great doctor and I like her a lot but who husband comes into her office in biker pants greeting patients. I am on her diet program and the nurse that helps out (Nikki)is rude. Her office is a JOKE. The husband is the office manager the staff is Rude and the office appearences is bad, She is not like her Brother. Dr. Bowden get your office together or you will lost more patient.

Jan 5th, 2012

Dr. Bowden use to be very courtesteous, professional and attentive in her early years, but recently she will have you come in on an appt. and still sit 4 or 5 hours before being seen, then rush your visit, her bedside mnner is horrible, inaccurate diagnosis, doesn't follw up after visit...I decided to go to another doctor after many years of using her office, because of these reasons and many more than I have time or space to list...overall experience is the complaint of others who sit in her office grumbling on a regular!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 2nd, 2011

I was referred to her by my mother. I went in for a cold. I was the last patient for that day and I guess her nurse was ready to go. She told me to stand on the scale and she wrote down my weight and then ASKED ME how tall was I (I thought they paid her to tell me that information). So when I got to the back Dr. Bowden was very nice. She asked what had been going on and checked me out. She saw some redness in my throat and told me she was going to swab my throat to make sure I didn't have strep. The test was negative. So she sent me home with 2 prescriptions. So later that night I took one the medicines and hours later it made me sick. So the next day I called up to the office to see if she could recommend something else in the place of it and they told me I had to come back in for that. So I go back the next day and they had me pay ANOTHER $20 co-pay for her to tell me to get some gatorade and take off work a few days! And to put the icing on the cake about a month later, I get a bill from them charging me for the strep test she took!

|  Doctor is great, but  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

Office staff very obvious in treating well know memphians better than average clients!!!The doctor is great after a hour plus wait!

Mar 31st, 2011

First time user, excellent, doctor. I was very impress with Dr. Bowden and her professional staff.

|  Unconcerned  |  show details
by disappointed on Nov 30th, 2010

Dr Bowden is a good doctor, but her staff is very unprofessional. I think she needs to look into hiring a whole new staff that is experienced with a healthcare background and people friendly. Your first impression at a place makes a big difference. You can never talk to her when you call and the follow up time is horrible. I know 4 people including myself that are looking for a new physican. I really hate she doesn't see this.

|  Lofty Goal Not Reached  |  show details
by Grateful Patient on Nov 5th, 2010

Very easy to get timely appointment but the waiting time to actually see the doctor was very long, over 1/2 hrs. Dr, Bowden listens intently to your complaints/comments, but then the follow up on them seems to be forgotten.I believe her desire to be helpful to as many patients as she can, in essence, hinders the level of care she desires to give because of patient overload.

|  FORMER EMPLOYEE  |  show details
by TAM on Jun 28th, 2010

I AM A FORMER EMPLOYEE OF DR. BOWDEN AND I AGREE THAT THE OFFICE STAFF CAN BE LESS THAN SATISFYING, HOWEVER DR. BOWDEN IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND I WOULD SERIOULSY RECOMMEND HER! SHE CARES ABOUT YOU INDEFINITELY AND SHE LISTENS TO YOUR OVERALL CONCERNS. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR?--TAM :)

|  Ex- Cheerleader  |  show details
by Ex-Bowden Cheerleader on May 20th, 2010

Initially, I loved Dr. Bowden. I am unsure what has happen. I searched the Tennessee License board and found that her privileges were revoked from both Methodist and Baptist because of records delinquency. It is so sad that her practice has come to this.

|  I heard you pray on the radio and I thought you cared!  |  show details
by Disappointed on Mar 31st, 2010

Years ago I heard Dr. Bowden start her interview on a radio show off with a prayer and that meant alot to me. But I soon found that your prayer was no different than some other phony people in church. Your front office does not follow up with calls and are not professional. Not all of them, but it only takes one or two in the bunch to spoil the rest. When I finally met you, I was so excited, but before I left your office, I was disappointed. This being my first visit, I gave everyone the benefit of doubt to having a crabby day.... I am a nurse as well! But by my third visit, I felt as if I was so far beneath Dr. Bowden. Her time with me was exactly three minutes and she made me feel as if my questions and concerns where unimportance. I will not reccomend or refer her. Bedside manners are horrible! Dr. Bowden, I hope you get better.

|  Happy Patient  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2010

I have been a patient of this doctor for 12 years. She and her staff have always been professional and effective for me.

|  From Sugar to Messy  |  show details
by Mrs. B on Feb 5th, 2010

I loved this doctor from the minute I met her several years ago. She can be very personable and caring. Presently, the service at her office has reached rock bottom. I can not get followup test results, office personel are rude and unfriendly to patients, the new office manager is prone to arguing with patients, I have been double billed for office visits, referrals ordered by the doctor are not made and I always feel I am imposing on her time, I have waited up to 2 hours or more to see her.

Nov 16th, 2009

I am a new patient to your office and i have been trying to get my meds called in for the past two weeks to no aval.No returns on calls and no meds called in for me.front office staff are very unprofessional and just don't care.

Aug 18th, 2009

The staff at Dr. Bowden's office are very UNPROFESSIONAL and IGNORANT!!!!They will call you, but will not leave a message to let you know your appointment has been cancelled.They have nasty attitudes to be in a professional environment. The wait time is RIDICULES!!! You should not have to sit in a doctor's office over an hour to be seen when you had an appointment. She could spend a little more time with her patients and not rush out before you can ask questions. I would not reccomend her at all!!

Jul 21st, 2009

She is good w/great bedside manner,but never in her ofc. I went on 2 different visits and she was not in and the staff did not cl and cancel..WOW..She had a really good NP,but quit soon after I became a patient. Her ofc staff was not very professional or friendly. Her ma was great.I can't recommend