Dr. Marcia Gillespie Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Marcia Gillespie?

I liked her.

Posted on March 18th, 2015

She was cheerful, helpful, matter-of-fact, none of the doctorish put-offishness that is so annoying.

Liked but Left

Posted on June 10th, 2014

I really liked Dr. Gillespie. She was very knowledgable and helpful in answering all my questions. Dr. Gillespie prescribed medicine that was appropriate to my conditions and had an ease of manner. She was easy to get a hold of and to get an appointment. Furthermore, when I had questions she spent time answering them and going over possible treatments. She met with me for a follow-up as well. Then one day, she left without notice. That was rather disappointing.

Posted on March 12th, 2013

I really enjoyed her as my doctor and she was very interested in any concerns I had and loved her! She did an excellent job for me and I was surprised that others didn't find her as wonderful as I did. I would recommend her but felt her office staff was a bit abrasive.

Posted on February 4th, 2013

Dr. Gillespie made me feel welcome from the moment I was seen by her. There was never an uncomfortable situation and she answered all of my questions perfectly! I had such an amazing experience with Gillespie that If I become pregnant a second time, I would definitely choose her as my doctor again!!!

Awful

Posted on May 8th, 2012

I really liked her during my pregnancy but after baby was born I became very very sick and the office kept telling me it was " post parturition depression" and she never directly called me instead had her staff call me. I had severe anemia from an artery being cut during c-section. Every doctor in town told me I should have been kept at the hospital longer and had a tranfusion. I was sick with anemia for 6 months after and literally felt as if I would die. She has no concern after the pregnancy for her patients..

Dissapointing

Posted on June 1st, 2011

Diagnosed me on the fly, when I pointed out that my hormones didn't match the diagnosis she said that they did and when I asked her to explain she handed me a printout instead which confirmed what I had said! She put me on two meds with black box warnings, when I found this out I asked her about it and she said it was all just media hype and since then one of those meds has been taken off the market for safety issues. It has taken me two years to track her down so I can get my files to take to my new OB after she abruptly left town leaving me and many other without warning. All I can say personally is it is nice when bad Dr's (can she really be called a Doctor when she "practices" so horribly) leave before they can do too much damage.

Presumptive and Closed Minded

Posted on December 8th, 2010

I would simply like to state that during my appointment Dr. Gillespie was very short with me and would not listen to any of my concerns. She then accused me of fabricating symptoms and criticized me personally. I have never been so offended by a health care professional in my life.

Posted on October 5th, 2010

She has sold her practice to another group. She didn't give her patients a heads up. I found out by accident, when I called in for my 6 month follow ups. I had a mammogram and papsmear last year which BOTH came out positive. This was my required 6 month follow up. IF EITHER of these tests came out positive, I was going to have to decide on further treatment. I also had a bone density test done (earlier in my life than typical), as my mother was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis and my sister (my age) was recently diagnosed with osteopenia (precursor to osteoporosis). Even though she knew the importance of the results to me, she has blown me and all of her other clients off. She allegedly is supposed to work for this other group 2 days/week in town, but doesn't bother giving us a name of the new owners OR their phone number. Her phone number has been disconnected. Now I have to track down where the tests results are and find another doctor that can obtain the results to let me know what they are. She was a very likeable person, but even if she does still practice in this town, I won't be using her!

Posted on January 19th, 2009

Don't use her for any surgery she don't know what she is doing..

Posted on June 25th, 2015