Dr. Marcia Skjaerlund DO Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Owosso, MI

• Good
  • Bad

August 13th, 2009
Professional, thorough and caring--goes the extra mile for her patients.
Dr. Skjaerlund and her staff are the greatest. She performed my fourth colonoscopy yesterday; it was the second exam in which she found a polyp. This one was in a difficult spot to remove. She took photos and a biopsy rather than risk rupturing the wall of the colon. When I awoke, she showed me the photos and explained in detail why surgery was necessary. Her staff made a consultation appointment for me with a surgeon before I left. The next morning, one of her staff called to see how I was doing and to make sure I was eating and drinking normally again. A short time later, Dr. S. herself called. Since her office would be closed the following day (Friday), she apologized for having to call instead of having me come in to see her in person to get the results of the biopsy. She told me, in medical terms and in plain English, that cancer cells were forming in the polyp but it was not yet a tumor--we found it early. I wasn't sure who to select to do the surgery, so I said I would discuss it with my husband when he came home and that I might request referrals to more than one surgeon. She said to please call back after I spoke to my husband, which I did. She had left the office by the time I called back, but she had given her staff instructions to call her on her cell phone if I called after she left. They called her and then called me with the names of other surgeons she recommended. Dr. S. is a very caring doctor who goes the extra mile for her patients. I wouldn't consider going to anyone else for a colonoscopy.

April 7th, 2009
Thank God for Dr. S.
Dr. S & her staff are great. We've been to 3 other Gastroenterologist's before we found her. She is the ONLY one we will see from here on out!