Dr. Marco Marsella MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Tempe, AZ

April 4th, 2017
Truly one of the best, most caring, humble doctors
My wife was operated on by Dr. Marsella in March of 2016 for a meningioma wrapped around her pituitary and pressing on her optical nerve. The surgery was a great success. She had a tiny amount of vision issue (double vision) from the tumor pressing on the optical nerve so long, everything else was perfect. Not due to complications from the surgery. Dr. Marsella is one of the kindest, compassionate, knowledgeable, humble physicians we have ever met. I can't recommend him high enough. I don't care if I lived on the other side of the country, if he is in practice and I have a neuro issue brain or spine I will be flying out to see him wherever he is practicing. We did have an issue with the hospital. The hospital ( previously Phoenix Baptist, aka Abrazo) is fully covered under our health plan (Aetna). But the hospital contracts out for different care givers working in the hospital who are not covered under our plan. We had to file appeals etc to get them finally covered. If the hospital is subcontracting work out for head nurses or on call physicians that should be billed to the hospital and the hospital which is covered bill out to the patient. How is a person in a covered hospital to know they are contracting to a non covered firm... Shame on you Abrazo. Thank you Dr. Marsella for proving there are still doctors who truly care about their patients above and beyond "procedural practices".

October 19th, 2015
I highly recommend Dr. Marsella
This review covers both my pre-op and post-op visits. I was greeted immediately upon arrival. His staff was professional and courteous. I was directed to Dr. Marsella's office where he spent time reviewing my test results, explaining my condition, what he could and could not do surgically and what my expectations should be after surgery and in the months to follow. He was patient when I asked the same questions multiple times. He has a terrific office and bed-side manner. He takes whatever time you need to understand and feel comfortable with the information provided. It's obvious that he truly cares about his patients. In the hospital, post-op and the following day prior to my release, he was there checking on my recovery and was also concerned that I was being well taken care of by the hospital staff. I will leave a very positive review for Phoenix Baptist Hospital and staff as well.

September 4th, 2010
His nurse is terrible at returning phone calls!

March 9th, 2010
A very good dr.
I like him a lot,and most of all I trust him.