Dr. Marcos Sastre Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Marcos Sastre?

Posted on March 2nd, 2016

Went to the doctor as I was looking for a dermatologist closer to home. He does have a very ostentatious office that looks more like a Greek Temple than a doctor's office. Ignoring that, I did have him check me over and "surgically" remove a few lesions on my hands and scalp. Liquid nitrogen was the surgical method used. Doctor spent about 10 minutes with me in the office. 8 of those were idle chatter that we could have done without. He told me to return in 2 months for a followup. This went on for several visits. Eventually, I started getting my statements from my HMO (Medicare) and noticed how much he was charging for the few minutes of spraying liquid nitrogen on my hand or head. I then lost the HMO and had to use straight Medicare and noticed the same, in my opinion, extremely high charge for the 2 minutes of liquid nitrogen application. I eventually got tired of making trips to his office for the repeat liquid nitrogen applications. The growths kept returning . I found a new dermatologist and explained the treatment I had received. He did comment that it was not best way to treat the lesions. I have been going to the new dermatologist for a few years now and have never had a request for a 2 month followup exam nor recurrence of a treated lesion. I have had two actual surgical removals of skin lesions and even the charge for those did not approach the charges from Dr. Sastre . In retrospect, I should have questioned his charges with my HMO and Medicare.

Posted on June 8th, 2015

He removed a small growth on my face but left me with a very bad scar and he damaged the tissue in surrounding area. I now have to have plastic surgery to correct the damage he did. i have been to two other dermatologists since and both have emphatically said that they would never have touched the growth and would not have done the procedure. I wouldn't recommend this "doctor" to my worst enemy!

Never Use again

Posted on May 2nd, 2015

Got the impression he is more interested is making big bucks than treating patients

Posted on February 24th, 2013

Dr. Sastre diagnosed me with a facial basel cell carcinoma. He removed it surgically on one day and stitched it up on the following day. I believe that I could have done a better job, cosmetically, by doing it myself in a mirror. The scarring was bad enough that another surgeon asked if I had a skin transplant. I believe that he does this himself simply for the money instead of having a surgeon perform the stitching on the same day. If the scarring was bad after six months I could see a plastic surgeon.

Skin cancer screening

Posted on July 27th, 2010

This was my first experiance with any doctor for skin cancer screening. This doctor examined me from a distance of 4-5 foot. Spent little time doing it. I have since found out from talking to others who have had this exam with other dermotologist's who told me that thier doctors did a close up exam of the entire body skin area including hard to see places like the scalp. Based upon what they say I think this guy must be a joke! Save your money.

Question diagnosis

Posted on February 17th, 2010

I am not sure whether Dr. Sastre is looking to line his pockets with more surgeries or if he is just apt at diagnosing sites for Mohs Procedures. I have conflicted feelings here, as I feel it is like a factory for his surgeries. His office staff has been wonderful, by the way. One of his nurses is a bit odd, but takes getting to know.

only after the $ and as many repeat visits as possible

Posted on February 9th, 2008

Dr..Sastre only concentrates on only 1 small ailment at a visit and keeps one returning for repeat visits but I received no real help from him.

Posted on December 1st, 2016