Dr. Marcus Kauffman Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Marcus Kauffman?

November 16th, 2015

The worst pseudo doctor I have met ever. I had a six millimeters kidney stone ands was suffering terrible pain. I knew it after the visit. When I visited this gentleman for help, he would say I did not have any stone and my urinal sample, which was red colored, he considered something else but blood. But any way he charged me $260.39 for the visit even had not done anything. I cannot call that person doctor.

October 8th, 2015

I had to go into the ER one weekend and he insisted I take several expensive cat-scan and contrast tests instead of reviewing my records from my regular Dr. I tried to refuse but was under distress and medication and he used scare tactics to get my cooperation. After all the testing he found nothing in the results and had no solutions. Waste of time and money. Thanks for nothing.

October 7th, 2015

Dr. Kauffman , over several office visits, always seemed to be impatient, not directly answering questions, and showing little compassion. His personality is dry, indifferent greeting, not much humor, and appears to not care at times and wants to just move on to next patient.

September 9th, 2013

Patient

I went to Dr. Kauffman for ongoing, persistent urology issues. He was vague about treatment, his bedside manner was benign and he seemed impatient with me...not just one visit--but all 3 so far. He states that my symptoms don't make sense and just keeps having me come back every 3 weeks to "see if it is better". No potential reasons for my pain are given; and when asked, none are provided. He just says "I don't know, let's try this medicine and see what happens". I will look for another Urologist that is covered by my insurance.

January 28th, 2013

Not recommended!

Was in ER on Saturday Dr. on floor talked to him he asked me to call him on Monday but will not even respond to me without a $350.00 up front payment. When I met him during my hospital stay 2 weeks ago for the same kidney failure he seemed VERY confused. Needless to say I ended up back in the hospital 2 weeks after being diagnosed and treated by him.

January 25th, 2013

Not good with pain management!

I have had 2 surgeries and 15+ appointments for kidney stones with Dr.Kauffman. Unfortunately I was unhappy with my care. My biggest issue was he made me uncomfortable asking for pain relief, EVEN AFTER SURGERY! On several occasions he denied me pain pills even though x-rays confirmed I had stones because he said "they didn't seem large enough to be causing pain". I felt like I was being treated as a junkie (even though x-rays confirmed I had stones) He also has a very bland personality, as in no emotions? Oh and to top it off his office is small, smelly, dirty and has the rudest receptionist I have EVER encountered! The only reason I kept going back was due to other urologists not excepting new patients.

April 12th, 2011

Seemed very willing to listen and help me with what was going on. I didn't feel rushed.

March 17th, 2010

Seemed very inexperienced.

Dr. Kauffman, seemed very unwilling to take the time with my issue. Even sighed when had no choice to examine my issue. I thought I was seeing a specialist in the field of my current problem. However, his explanation seemed very vague and iffy. But, the worse part is the receptionist. After seeing the doc, I called a couple weeks later for medication. The woman was exceptionally rude. I am very confident in the fact that someone who reads this will find out, or has already experienced this.

March 17th, 2010