Marcus E Meekins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

September 21st, 2013
Awful pain treatment center
Awful pain treatment center. I have Ankylosing spondylitis, and I hurt all of the time. The waiting room chairs are uncomfortable, and the wait times to see a nurse practitioner are on average 3 hours. That is the average, I have waited longer. What I dont get is that my appointment time was at 9AM. How do you get 3 hours behind in your work after being open for just 1 hour ? You do not get to see a doctor, you see a nurse practitioner. On your first visit they will not give you any medication. I have worked with my past pain clinic for over 2 years to find the right combination of drugs that work for me. I have 36 months worth of medical records, test and results to back my claim of constant pain. I have been told that they do not wright prescriptions for the drugs that I was taking. No discussion of alternative medication. Just a lot of hype about how great back injections are. If you truly are a pain treatment center, then why limit what medications you are willing to prescribe ? I was made to feel like a drug fiend for even asking. I just moved to Memphis and have been going to my last pain treatment center for 2 years so I know the rules and regulations. The Cordova Pain treatment center is in the business of selling back injections. Unfortunately for me the do not last for long and prolonged use of them leads to scar tissue build up. They simply dont work for me. After I informed the nurse that I am more interested in physical therapy than injections she started arguing with me over it. Very rude. She could not explain how ;ower back injections are going to help with the rest of my back, neck, feet, hips and even my hands hurting constantly. When you entire skeletal system hurts, what good is lower back injections going to do me ? As for physical therapy, specifically Aqua Aerobics, she told me to check with my local YMCA. Then because I did not bring the EMPTY bottle of pain pills I received last visit she refused to write a refill. I get the need to make sure I am not selling my meds or overusing them, but please explain why you need to see the EMPTY bottle ? I ran out the day before, see could check and see that she wrote the prescription on the 18th, I filled it on the 19th and there I was in the office on the 20th. So after a 3:30 wait I went home empty handed and feeling very aggravated, hostile even. I will be back Monday morning and we will see what happens then.

November 21st, 2011
Good results with prolotherapy
I had a reasonably good experience with Dr.Meekins. He offers the newest pain treatments available instead of just pushing pain pills. Explained the cause of my pain and gave me time to ask questions. Can't ask for much more.

January 27th, 2011
Satisfied Patient
I have been with Dr. Meekins for over a year now and I am very happy with the results. Yes, I still have pain, but we are trying various procedures to fix that. He has always took the time needed to speak with me and help me with anything needed! All of the employees in the office have also been wonderful and I have always been treated with respect.

October 4th, 2009
Advanced Pain Treatment Ctr. In Jackson Tn
The office is very unorganized and very uprofessional. The office is not even properly set up. The doctor is very arrogant and rude. He wants to keep giving you injections that do not work. I had paperwork that needed to be completed and it has yet to be taken care of. When you call on the phone the receptionist creates a different like each time.

August 25th, 2009
One Dissatisfied Patient
This was the most UNPROFESSIONAL, INCONSIDERATE, IRRESPONSIBLE, Rude, & cockiest excuse for a Medical Dr that I have ever experienced. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this man.