Dr. Marcy Mann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 31st, 2016
Do not recommend
I've been seeing Dr. Mann for heart issues during pregnancy. I realized quickly that she would prefer not to deal with my legitimate questions and concerns, as she brushed them off and acted as if they were ridiculous things to be concerned about. She was always very dismissive, and never asked me if I even had any questions. She would just do the ultrasound and say "ok looks great, see you next time!" And try to walk out. I really needed reassurance and support and that is definitely not what I got. Every time I discussed any problems that had come up with the techs, they always said they would pass everything along to her, but she never brought up any of it when she came I the room. My OB always told me to bring up certain things to the perinatologist because it was their "specialty", however I absolutely dreaded asking her anything. The rest of the staff seems to be great, but I have no experience with any other doctors there.

April 11th, 2016
Great Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist.
Very kind and passionate doctors. She truly cares about her patients.

January 26th, 2015
Dr Mann is exceptional!

August 1st, 2014
Thank you doesn't even explain how i feel
I had placenta accreta and gestational diabetes and doctor Mann was just super amazing. She really helped me deal with the life threatening situation, she was great and warm and nothing short of fantastic. I remember she wasn't suppose to be at my surgery but because she knew I would need alot of blood she made sure she was present. Every high risk pregnancy patient needs a dr like Dr Mann, she knows her onions and she is very thorough. Wonderful bed side manners, she's warm and friendly. Definitely cares about her patients and would go the extra mile. I love love her.

October 15th, 2013
Love her!!!
Dr. Mann was amazing. She spent 20-25 min on my screening. She spoke to me where I could understand and was so southern sweet. I am looking forward to seeing her again at my next appointment. She even confirmed we are having another little boy at 12 weeks 5 days at this screening!!! I'm hard to please so she is definitely impressive!!

May 1st, 2013
I completely concur with the reviews here of Dr. Marcy Mann that she is condescending, cold, arrogant, and rude. I had the exact same experience with her in my preconceptual consultation for high-risk pregnancy (after very premature 1st child's birth). I think her preference would have been that I show up, answer her questions from reviewing my medical history, listen to her, and ask no questions. I have somewhat of a science/medical background and can talk the medical talk to an extent, plus I have been advised by other doctors, and have done quite a bit of my own research on my condition and what happened with my first pregnancy. She resented any comment or question I posed; it was unbelievable. She said the same thing to me about "cart before the horse" and that I was getting "3 steps ahead" and that I was trying to diagnose myself. I already have a diagnosis from the past; I didn't give myself a diagnosis. I was merely asking her informed questions about how it was all related to the past and how it might affect a future pregnancy on top of several more maternal age years under my belt since last pregnancy. I started crying and couldn't stop simply because I was so floored by her rudeness and contempt for me when I felt I was being a perfectly normal patient with perfectly normal, prepared, concise questions (and not too many of them at all). Like another reviewer, she characterized me as "emotional" and said to be prepared to be even more emotional when pregnant; I was emotional about HER, so very disappointed in this big appointment I had been looking so forward to. I realize she is very smart and experienced, but she also made some comments that showed me she was not completely up to date on the disorder I have, and the last thing she would do is sit and listen to me explain anything to her...oh no, of course not. She is a witch, frankly, and I was only crying because of how stunned I was by her cold, harsh manner, her impatience with me and anything I had to say or ask, and I absolutely couldn't wait to get that appointment over with and get the heck out of there. I seem to have no problem getting along with any of my other doctors; they seem to think I am normal, well-adjusted, bright, informed, inquisitive, whereas she made me feel like an idiot. I cannot imagine going through a high-risk pregnancy with her at my side, no matter how qualified she might be, no thank you. She is by no means the only game in town and is certainly not the best, so there is no reason to settle for that kind of treatment. That appointment with her was simply miserable. It's going to take me a couple days to get over it...still can't believe it was real! She is ridiculous.

April 23rd, 2013
Lacking people skills
Unfortunately I was very disappointed with Dr. Mann. She had no people skills, wasn't friendly at all and didn't seem interested in understanding more about my history in becoming pregnant and the issues I faced. She spent no face-to-face time with us and very briefly answered our questions. In my opinion, someone who's responsible for helping bring your little one into the world safely, it's crucial to have some sort of kindness and warmth. The staff was extremely courteous however.

November 28th, 2011
Highly recommend!
I first met Dr. Mann in 2007 for a consultation. My husband and I were considering the risks of trying for another pregnancy after a very dangerous and devastating stillbirth one year before. She went through my (very extensive) medical file with a fine-tooth comb, answered all our questions, and made recommendations for a plan of care if/when we decided to get pregnant again.A year later I became pregnant and saw Dr. Mann every 2 weeks throughout my pregnancy. She worked very closely with my regular obstetrician and my hematologist to manage my medications, etc. This was a very high-risk pregnancy and involved several hospital stays, etc. It was also an emotional rollercoaster, but all the while I felt such peace of mind knowing Dr. Mann was caring for me. She is extremely knowledgeable and never once did I have to second-guess her decisions regarding my care because I knew that without a doubt this doctor knows her stuff inside and out. She is agressive in her treatment, meaning if she thinks an intervention may help, she will go for it. I really appreciated this, because my previous perinatologist had been really passive, and he waited for something bad to happen before he began treatment. That was one of the reasons my previous pregnancy had ended so badly.Eighteen months after delivering a healthy baby I returned to Dr. Mann's care for yet ANOTHER high risk pregnancy. This time I saw her roughly once per week, sometimes every-other week, for the duration of the pregnancy. I was eventually admitted to the hospital on long-term hospital bedrest, and she continued to care for me during the 4weeks I was hospitalized. She always helped me feel relaxed because I had such confidence that she was watching my condition so closely and I knew nothing was going to slip through the cracks. Her bedside manner is NOT cold, contrary to other reviews here. She is caring and relaxed, concerned for my well being and how my family was managing, and had a genuine love and excitement for my baby. If I have one criticism, it's that sometimes I felt she was in a hurry. Her office is quite large and she is very busy. Her office staff is nice, from making appointments to untangling insurance and billing nightmares, they were always helpful over the 2+ years that I freqented their office.A word of advice: If you can see Dr. Mann at her Piedmont office, it tends to be less busy there. I always had a longer wait time when seeing her at the Northside office.

September 21st, 2011
Recent Patient
I saw Dr Mann for my high risk pregnancy. Unlike the previous raters, her bedside manner is excellent. She is very well educated, knowledgeable and reassuring. She provides clear, accurate information and I felt she truly cared for both me and my baby. Also, you can tell that she just loves her job - and her patients - both the babies and the parents! I plan to see her again for my next pregnancy. I feel lucky to have had her as a doctor. I highly recommend.

August 25th, 2010
HORRIBLE, STAY WAY!!!!!!
My husband and I visited Dr. Mann for a perinatal consultation hoping to receive some guidance and sound professional advice on better understanding the risks involved in pregnancy with my seizure condition, which Ive had since early childhood. When Dr. Mann asked what brought us to the appointment I responded that I wasnt sure pregnancy was a safe option for me with my epilepsy disorder. She immediately gave me a condescending look and made a rude comment that I was getting ahead of myself and putting the cart before the horse. Naturally, this made me feel extremely uncomfortable and set a negative tone for the consultation. Even if my comment was premature in her opinion, a physician should never make a patient feel uncomfortable for something they do or say. It is their responsibility to ease tensions and create an atmosphere of trust and understanding however Dr. Manns body language and overall demeanor immediately made us feel as though she didnt want to be there and like we werent worthy of her time. As I attempted to explain my medical history / status to Dr. Mann, she accused me of arguing with her professional opinion about how my epilepsy would affect a pregnancy. I was only trying to inform her of some details of my disorder and how it has progressed over the years this being my leading cause of concern regarding pregnancy. I simply felt it would be necessary for her to understand my medical history and past in order to properly counsel me. However, Dr. Mann seemed to think that I had already made up my mind that I either didnt want or couldnt become pregnant when I was simply aware of certain risks due to how fragile i am while taking 1200 mg of medicine / day and as an otherwise healthy individual, not combined with the stress of a pregnancy on my body. Dr. Mann completely ignored my concerns and honestly made me feel completely ridiculous for even having them in the first place. I simply wanted to make sure that my medication types and dosages were safe (not toxic or high risk for the fetus) and also better understand my personal health risks during a pregnancy. However Dr. Mann condescendingly remarked that epilepsy was at the bottom of the scale as far as the risks and complications involved with pregnancy, commenting that its not like I had diabetes or had gone through a heart or liver transplant. Clearly she viewed me as a waste of her time and not worthy of her counsel. She also remarked that she had absolutely "no problem" with one of my medications when I was later informed otherwise by another reputable perinatal clinic-- it is actually a documneted high risk drug not recommended for pregnancy. Apparently Dr. Mann had not performed adequate research making her unfit to comment on the safety of this drug during pregnancy. I do realize that people with epilepsy have healthy babies all the time, however that percentage is so broad from women who have had one seizure in their lifetime to those women who have seizures very frequently and can be much less controlled(like me). I feel like each person is a snowflake and needs to be examined individually, not compared to a greater percentage that is completely irrelevant to their situation. Dr. Mann was typecasting me into the greater category of epileptic women that deliver healthy babies rather than look at my personal medical issues, and weighing my risks for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy is a huge strain on any womans body much less someone that already has a significant medical problem to present further complications. I have never, never been treated so poorly by a physician or so rudely disrespected. Dr. Mann had absolutely no sensitivity whatsoever to my medical concerns and a complete disregard for my feelings as a patient. Instead of counseling me and reaching out to me as a caring, concerned doctor, Dr. Mann made me feel that I was crazy for my concerns and even said that she was not so much worried about me or the babys health (hypothetically speaking), but rather the state of my mental health. That is a terribly insensitive, ridiculous, degrading, and cold hearted thing to say to a patient who is seeking your care and expertise. If I seemed mentally instable during the appointment it was due to her terribly rude, callus and condescending bedside manner. I, like all patients deserve to be treated a real person rather than just another medical file on her companys insurance. Please do yourself a favor and seek another doctor rather than go through what me and my husband learned the hard way.

August 10th, 2009
Cold bedside manner and charged 300% more than we were told
#1. She has a very cold bedside manner. The techincian was friendly, but I've never felt as uncomfortable at a Dr's office as when Dr. Mann stepped in the room. My wife and I felt like we were from Mars.#2. We are selfpay as our insurance does not cover childbirth related charges. We were told upon entering that the charge was $300 for a regular/rountine ultrasound. About a month later, we receive a bill for $966! Please void Atlanta Perinatal at all costs!

August 5th, 2009
Dr. Mann is wonderful!
Dr. Mann managed my complicated pregnancy in late 2007 and was just wonderful to work with. Her bedside manner is excellent, she clearly cares about her patients and the babies they carry, and she's just a brilliant physician! I would recommend her to any friend or family member.