inactive

Marechal-Neil Brooks MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

August 13th, 2015
Horrible in every way
Not only did she lie to the insurance company and my command (Military) but she performed sub par service all around. Had me on the wrong medication that a better doctor corrected. Her staff is rude beyond belief, the entire office is unprofessional. The last straw was showing up for my appointment to find the office closed. Beware and find a new doctor, this Doc isnt worth the time, money or frustration she will cause.

March 13th, 2015
Didn't know she had retired. I will miss her! Had a very kind and warm nature about her. Very gentle..

September 10th, 2014
I don't know what these people are talking about, they must have the wrong doctor or just trying to make people think she is not a good doctor. She is most caring, informative and healthful doctor and individual. She discussed everything before and after every precedence. I am sorry that she is retired because I really trusted her.

March 10th, 2014
manhandled during colonoscopy
Dr. Brooks was very abrupt and unkind. She wouldn't answer any questions befor my colonoscopy (despite the fact that the surgical nurse said she would when she got in the operating room with us.) She said the time for questions is over! and I had not asked any. then knocked me out with Versed. I was so upset going under that she would not let me speak to her at all that I came awake at the end of the procedure, to feel her yanking the 22 ft. of scope out of my colon, with 3 long Pulls. The final pull of the last few feet cut me and I came awake! and they knocked me out again. she completed the procedure in 22minutes after yanking the tube out in 3 long pulls.. I felt as though it had been yoked up from the inside out! and this is after she supposedly removed a polyp. Avoid this doctor if you value your bowels.

May 13th, 2013
Mediocrity at it's finest.
If mediocrity is what you're looking for in a physician then Marechal-Neil is your gal. From the cash only policy and wait time in the office to the abrupt and unfriendly manner of Dr. Brooks, seeing this doctor was not a pleasant experience. The furtive glances and subtle comments from the hospital staff led me to believe that Dr. Brooks was not a respected member of the team, either. Not a comforting thought as one awaits being put to sleep. I gave her one star because I survived the experience, regardless that she used way too much of an antiquated anesthesia. Even the hospital staff was perplexed as to why she was still using old methods when the other physicians had long ago switched to more a more effective and less invasive anesthesia. While other patients had come and gone, I slumbered away in recovery for hours trying to get the anesthesia out of my system. This is not my first surgery. I've never had a horrible experience such as this one. I'm still waiting to receive my biopsy report to give to my PCM. Dr. Brooks is refusing to send to me until I make the long drive to Portsmouth for a follow-up visit, even though no other Gastroenterologist requires such. All in all, I will never visit this doctor again.

April 24th, 2013
Dr. Brooks has been involved in the care of my elderly mother for several years.She is professional,competent, kind and accessible.As a result, I am now her patient.

July 10th, 2012
Doesn't care about diagnosing the problem
This Doc. is un-caring, racks up your ins. and couls care less about your pain or problem. On the 1st visit she wanted colonostropy, I did sadly. Its been 9 mos. and still no diagnosing. She's clueless she said one visit to what could be wrong. I go see another more pressional doc. it was gluten intolerance. Why couldn't she have ordered the simple blood test? She's right she is clueless. The pain has effect me and my familys quality of life. When you 1st call and speck with the staff, go with your gut feeling unlike I did and hang up, find another doc. The staff alone is rude and nasty on every call. Good luck, I thought I'd let people know. I wish I did.

July 10th, 2012
No diagnosis- Poor Service
Poor Excuse of a Doc. Someone please take her license. Shes not about diagnosing the promlem. No answers. No help. Please go see a real Doc. that care ...

February 8th, 2012
I was referred to Dr. Brooks for a colonoscopy. The doctor and staff were very helpful and professional. The preparation was much easier that I expected and the procedure was painless.It has been recommended that I have a repeat colonoscopy in five years.I will definitely return to Dr. Brooks for my procedure.

May 18th, 2010
Dr Brooks was abrupt during my exam, she was in and out of the room quickly. I came in for a colonoscopy referral but have other GI complaints which she said well your going to need another referral for that and possible scope so I got another referral and she sent my MD a letter stating that I am the one that insisted on it when she is the one that mentioned it on that visit. She also got my intake information incorrect as I am reading in the letter she sent to my MD. She wrote my family Hx of colon cancer was late 80's which is incorrect, if she took the time to read my intake she would know my realitive was much younger. Also she brushed off a family Hx of 1 sibling with mastocytosis, and another with uticaria pigmentosa. I contacted her office several different occasions and she never returned my calls and neither did her staff, I had to call them back. I am extremly dis-satisfied with her and will be looking for another GI Dr. I am not going to pay someone to treat me badly.

August 25th, 2009
Would not call her a doctor - very poor
The doctor insisted that my wife go on medications and test for problem even though the test were just done by another doctor - doctor Brooks did not even look at the record provided. She told her without medications, she would not live a lenghty happy life. Ought to be canned - poorest example of a doctor I've ever seen.