Marek Dobke Is this you?

Have you seen Marek Dobke?

Posted on August 2nd, 2017

I love Dr. Dobke. He treats me with compassion. He is excellent, kind and his nurse and staffs are so friendly and make me feel comfortable.

Posted on August 22nd, 2016

One of the finest doctors I have ever had the pleasure of having work on me! Wonderful personality and incredibly knowledgeable.

Reconstructive breast surgery

Posted on June 13th, 2016

I don't think he has a clue. After seeing him every 2nweeks for almost a year with unacceptable results, I had to see another plastic surgeon to REMOVE the implant and redo the surgery he did. I had constant internal bleeding that he said " some people have this". I was told by the other Doctor that that is not true. Not a competent doctor

Poor experience

Posted on March 14th, 2015

I agree with the two reviews that mentioned Dr. Dobke's anger and defensiveness. In the beginning he seemed fine and told me if there was anything I was unhappy about within a year after my surgery he would fix it no problem and I was given a quote for how much the revision would cost. Well the problems began when I spoke with him about wanting a revision surgery because I didn't think I had a good result from the first one. He was angry, dismissive and defensive. He actually had the nerve to tell me that all he had promised was to make me look "a little better" . I'm sorry but I don't believe anyone shells out 10K merely to look a "little" bit better. I've seen plenty of surgerys like mine from other doctors and they seem to make their patients look great. When we as patients are paying a great deal of money, we have a right to expect a good job to be done. Dr. Dobke tried to make me feel that my complaint was all in my head but I was insistent he address my issue. I don't know how he got to be head of plastic surgery because I don't think he's that good and he certainly does not know how to listen to his patients. I have never experienced a doctor with such anger before and in my opinion it's very unprofessional to engage in such a poor manner. As the other reviewer mentioned, Dr. Dobke also kept cutting me off while I was trying to talk. I would never recommend him to anyone.

Posted on August 29th, 2013

Dr. Dobke performed a reconstructive procedure for me and I was nothing but pleased! He is excellent and his nurse and staff are so friendly and make you feel comfortable and heard. I would highly recommend Dr. Dobke!

Only doctor able to take on my very difficult case.

Posted on June 30th, 2013

I'll say it up front, I love Dr. Dobke. I went to two other board certified plastic surgeons (BCPS) (in San Diego, an oculoplastic surgeon and dermatologist in NY and another BCPS in Arlington, VA. None had a clue what to do with my case. The doctor and office manager in VA even tried to charge me personally instead of getting approval from my insurance. Dr. Dobke not only took on my case, but did some exploratory biopsies first so her knew what he was dealing with and got insurance approval. He also listened to me as a patient and took my opinion into consideration. I not only would go back to him, I AM going back to him for follow up surgery that will hopefully fix the problem once and for all. His demeanor is serious, and kind with a good subtle sense of humor underneath. He's top of the tops as far as I am concerned!

Posted on December 3rd, 2010

My overall experience was excellent! He's excellent!

Posted on October 2nd, 2010

I wanted to be appointed with Dr. Dobke because I assumed he would be knowledgeable and have good handskills, especially being the Department Chief.During the consultation appointment he was very nice and talked at length why I should get a certain procedure. He seemed sincere until I paid for the procedure and saw him at a follow up appointment. I asked him about a surgical complication I was having and he became very defensive and wouldn't listen to me. He cut me off at every sentence. He seemed to describe the complication as if it was all in my head or that it was my problem and only my problem.I ended up going to another plastic surgeon and he was surprised at the procedure Dr. Dobke had performed and the consequences it had created.

Emanates experience and confidence.

Posted on September 26th, 2010

Appreciated in depth talk about advantages and disadvantages of the proposed treatment and alternatives.

RN

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

Good experience.

Wonderful Surgeon!

Posted on April 8th, 2009

I had a consultation with Dr Dobke regarding a very senstivie issue . He was so kind and really put me at ease. I have now recovered beautifully from surgery and my life is honestly changed for the better. Everyone should go see Dr Dobke!

Posted on January 20th, 2009

I made an appointment for a follow-up procedure with Dr. Dobke because he accepted my health insurance. The MD that provided the first surgery was the oncall plastic at the ER, and unfortunately, out of network. The follow-up procedure would have been too expensive with the original trauma doctor so I made an appointment with Dr. Dobke. After waiting 45mins, Dr. Dobke finally met with me. He did not understand why I was in his office and was too angry to hear my explanation. He was confrontational and dismissive. I would not recommend this doctor.