Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  By the numbers  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

Dr. Apedo only wants to treat you by the numbers on the lab results, and NOT by how you are feeling. It was very hard to get a hold of her by phone for an appointment, to ask a question or get a prescription in an emergency. Her receptionist seems to be an untreated thyroid patient- forgetful, bland and slow. I tried THREE times to get a copy of my records, my new doctor tried twice- no luck.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2012

I called and left several messages about getting a refill on my thyroid medication while on an temporary extended stay out-of-state. I've been taking this medication for close to 10 years. The staff would not answer my calls or even call me back to tell me whether or not she would authorize a prescription. After a week of waiting with no returned phone calls, I called again and Dr. Apedo answered the phone. She said she would not authorize a refill because I hadn't seen her since July. It hadn't even been 6 months. Dr. Apedo told me to get another doctor. At first, I thought, it's not necessary because I'll be back in NY to see her soon. But after mulling over how the situation played out, I'm disappointed that she would even push me off and not help me in this situation. It doesn't seem ethical. I thought doctors have to take a Hippocratic oath; or at least a moral one before they go into practice.

|  lies  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

sends out test thst were not done to charge insurance to make money. dont go to her.

Jan 3rd, 2012

refused to refill my medication because I hadn't been in to see her in almost 6 months. I had to ask my uncle, who is a doctor to call in my prescription. This medication I need every day or serious effects will take place. She could care less. As another patient said, she cares more about the money than the patient. Her receptionist had terrible manners, as well - don't waste your time or money on this one.

Apr 2nd, 2011

Cares about the money more than the patient

Apr 6th, 2010

I highly recommend Dr.Apedo. My primary Doctor tried to control my diabetes for years. I decided on my own to see Dr.Apedo and I have had great results.