Dr. Margaret Apedo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

no change

September 16th, 2016
Doesn't return calls
I called dr apedo several times to get advise regarding high blood sugar caused by a new medication and even though my blood sugar was stable by the time she had her nurse call me back she said for me to go to the er after I again told the nurse she said she would tell the dr and have her call me that was Tuesday called several times even left a message dr apedo was the on call dr still no return call time for a new dr

April 27th, 2016
Great Doctor
She is very kind and listens to what you have to say. She answers all my questions and she takes the time to explain what each medication she is giving you does and how it will affect you. She has an excellent bedside manner and a great sense of humor. Her staff is very attentive and always does what they say they will.

June 30th, 2015
the staff need to be more professional and courteouscan stop being confrontational Dr Margaret T Apedo is an outstanding Dr

March 4th, 2012
By the numbers
Dr. Apedo only wants to treat you by the numbers on the lab results, and NOT by how you are feeling. It was very hard to get a hold of her by phone for an appointment, to ask a question or get a prescription in an emergency. Her receptionist seems to be an untreated thyroid patient- forgetful, bland and slow. I tried THREE times to get a copy of my records, my new doctor tried twice- no luck.

February 9th, 2012
Unprofessional
I called and left several messages about getting a refill on my thyroid medication while on an temporary extended stay out-of-state. I've been taking this medication for close to 10 years. The staff would not answer my calls or even call me back to tell me whether or not she would authorize a prescription. After a week of waiting with no returned phone calls, I called again and Dr. Apedo answered the phone. She said she would not authorize a refill because I hadn't seen her since July. It hadn't even been 6 months. Dr. Apedo told me to get another doctor. At first, I thought, it's not necessary because I'll be back in NY to see her soon. But after mulling over how the situation played out, I'm disappointed that she would even push me off and not help me in this situation. It doesn't seem ethical. I thought doctors have to take a Hippocratic oath; or at least a moral one before they go into practice.

January 25th, 2012
lies
sends out test thst were not done to charge insurance to make money. dont go to her.

January 3rd, 2012
refused to refill my medication because I hadn't been in to see her in almost 6 months. I had to ask my uncle, who is a doctor to call in my prescription. This medication I need every day or serious effects will take place. She could care less. As another patient said, she cares more about the money than the patient. Her receptionist had terrible manners, as well - don't waste your time or money on this one.

April 2nd, 2011
Cares about the money more than the patient

April 6th, 2010
I highly recommend Dr.Apedo. My primary Doctor tried to control my diabetes for years. I decided on my own to see Dr.Apedo and I have had great results.