A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Margaret Bia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Margaret Bia, MD is board certified in Nephrology.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Pancreas Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Bia graduated from Cornell University, New York. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Bia has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Yale Medical Group
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bia accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Margaret J. Bia practice?
Dr. Margaret Bia practices Nephrology near New Haven, CT.
See New Haven Nephrologists.