Dr. Margaret Burns MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

December 1st, 2016
Dr. Burns is fantastic. She is knowledgable and caring. She delivered my first baby by c-section. I will continue to see her, she's the best!

January 21st, 2016
Dr. Burns has been my doctor for 14 years. She is highly skilled, gives accurate diagnoses. She is prompt with returning phone calls and gives very thorough examinations. She has a lovely bedside manner with a wonderful sense of humor.

October 22nd, 2015
Lost my faith in her after 2 decades of her "care"
She was once caring and listened well. I stayed with her because of that but no more. Her flat affect and matter of fact presentation of serious health concerns does nothing to soothe frayed nerves. My potentially cancerous condition was ignored by her for over 2 years exposing me to even greater odds of failure. She didn't listen and it could have cost me my life. No, I wouldn't recommend her.

January 9th, 2015
Birthing experience
Had one of the worst birth experiences possible with Dr. Burns. Dr. Burns was cold, unsympathetic, rude, and treated us like we were an inconvenience to her. Still traumatized by my birthing experience at bryn mawr hospital. Felt more like a piece of meat than a first time mother giving birth. Absolutley ruined our birth experience on too many levels to list. My baby is healthy and that is all I am thankful for to her. Some would say that's enough to be thankful for, but I believe we could of had a wonderful experience with someone else and somewhere else.

June 22nd, 2011
Saved my life
3 years ago I kept passing out with very heavy bleeding. The ambulance took me to Delco Hospital three different times in a week. Delco said "I was just having a bad period." After the third time a friend drove me from Delco's ER to Bryn Mawr Hospital. They admitted me right away. Turned out I had an uterine tumour that a vein had burst that was wrapped around it. My blood count at one point was 6.7. You're supposed to have around 12. I remember Dr. Burns waking me up at 3AM to give me more blood. They saved my life that night! Also had me see an oncologist. Two operations later the cancer is gone. No treatment, because they found it at stage 1! Dr. Burns is the best!

March 13th, 2010
excellent doctor
Dr. burns delivered my son, and I felt that I was in excellent hands. I have found her to be an excellent OB who is very detail oriented. I would recommend her to anyone

March 6th, 2010
Absolutely Wonderful Doctor
Please disregard other comment. She is truly a professional and I can't imagine having any other doctor.

January 16th, 2010
very disappointed
Visited Dr Burns after another Dr left the practice. She was in and out of the room so quickly if I would've blinked I would've missed her, and I felt like she dismissed the questions I had.Not very welcoming, didn't ask me any questions on background, etc. Will avoid.