Dr. Margaret Chen Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Margaret Chen?

February 22nd, 2016

Very bad experience. No body answer the phone, and put me on hold for long time. Long time waiting, and Dr. Chen only spend less 5 minutes on me. So disappointed.

February 16th, 2012

pleasantly surprised

I was a little nervous prior to my first visit with Dr. Chen based on the unfavorable reviews that I read on this site but after just returning from my appointment with her I am glad that I did not let the opinions of others stop me from going to see her! Firstly, the office staff was courteous and welcoming. The receptionist went out of her way to track down my referral even though it was the fault of my GP's office that Dr. Chen had not received it. From what I gathered while I was there, the receptionist was extremely professional and friendly with all of the patients that were waiting in the office, including those that were less than agreeable. Dr. Chen's medical assistant was super patient and very thorough. Dr. Chen was immensely welcoming, spent quite a bit of time looking into my condition and explained things carefully and in detail. I am so relieved by my visit, despite the fact that I must essentially start over again with an antibiotic regiment after having surgery. Based on my visit today, I look forward to having Dr. Chen as my specialist.

August 11th, 2011

Worst place ever

horrible office and horrible people working there. You would think the staff would be kind and passionate since most women coming ther are here because of breast cancer scare. It's like the picked the most lazy bunch of people and hired them. Doctor made me wait over 2 hours she want even in the office. The staff could have called me and let me know she was running late. Finally when doc did come in she spent all of 5 mins with me and I had to ask all the question she said nothing . Prob didn't even look at my picture and results . So upset after my meeting. The staff sched my apt for a biopsy without asking me and the doctor didn't even tell me what to expect at the biopsy. When I went in I was told the were going to put metal markers inside of my breast. I was shocked and surprised I wasn't prepare for that. I couldn't say no then without any knowledge. After that I researched it and found out many women have reactions and unexplained sickness and pain after the markers were placed. If I knew before I prob would have refused. I'm praying I am not one of those cases.

April 1st, 2011

no good not explain it well with your diagnosis and bad experience

August 22nd, 2009

Long WAIT time; short SPENDING time with patient

Dr. Chen came recommended by my family doctor, however, I was so disappointed with the office staff and my visit. The receptionsts were downright rude and unprofessional. I forgot to bring my diagnostic and asked if I could have my doctor fax it over. They gave me an attitude and when I asked for a pen, they threw it at me. After seeing Dr. Chen, I must say the session was uneventful, she did not ask questions. I had to ask her questions. Dr. Chen recommended that I get a second opinion by taking another sonogram. I went back to the reception and she called the hospital, set a date that was 2 months away, wthout consulting if mornings or afternoons were better. She handed me a referral without uttering a word and gave me no direction. Needless to say 2 months later when I showed up at the hospital, I did not bring the film but brough the diagnostic report, I was turned away. My appointment was set for 8:00am. I was fuming as I honestly felt that my time was not as valuables as Dr. Chen, hence they randomly set appts with consulting with the patient, allows the patient to wait in a cramp waiting area for 2 hours and then to meet Dr. Chen who spent no more than 5 minutes. I was disgusted with the whole incident and stressed. Note that i have an infant that I can't drop off at a nursery before 8:00. So I had to call in favors up favors to make an appointment and eventually turned away because the "lovely" receptionist at Dr. Chen's did not inform me what I needed to bring.

March 5th, 2017