A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Margaret Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Margaret Smith is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Margaret Smith, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- She has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. Smith has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 4 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 7 plans