Dr. Mary Davis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

August 23rd, 2016
Worst bedside manner EVER
First and last appointment was such a downer. Chosen because the practice accepted both of my insurance, dropped for the WORST bedside manner ever. While the office staff was kind and promptness was outstanding, I found this person uncaring, rude and even argumentative. She spent some time with me, but it sure wasn't quality time! She may be a great doctor, but I won't stick around to find out and I sure won't send any of the 15 people or so I know looking for a new gyn to her or her partners. This was hands down the worst doctor office visit EVER!

August 18th, 2016
I was treated promptly and quickly. I was amazed at how fast I was in and out. My questions were answered.

April 1st, 2016
Rude, Condescending, and Dismissive Doctor
The only reason I am giving this place a one star is because a) there is no option for a lower rating, and 2) because the nurse and receptionist were very friendly and nice. I am still in a state of shock from my appointment, and could spend an hour spewing out every curse word in the book to describe Dr. Davis, but my review would probably get deleted and I want to make sure others have a chance to see yet one more horrible review about this awful person. My sole purpose in going to this first appointment was because I had a long list of symptoms that were not normal for me, as well as a trans-vaginal ultrasound that was also concerning to me, large in part due to my lack of understanding when it comes to the female reproductive system. I have read so many websites that say when it comes to ovarian cancer, if you think there is even a slight chance you might be showing symptoms, do not take no for an answer and get it checked out. So for peace of mind, I made an appointment with Dr. Davis at Fairfax Gynecology because it was in my preferred provider insurance plan and also in the same network/group as my primary care office so I figured this would make communication between the two offices much easier. Let me just say, if you are going to this office and are looking for someone to explain any gynecological issues to you so that you have a better understanding of your body and of the test results, DO NOT, and I STRESS, DO NOT go to Dr. Davis. She is the meanest, most condescending, unprofessional, bitter, scornful, rude, impatient, unfriendly, judgmental doctor I have ever met. While I don't need to be coddled, I at least expect professionalism which was clearly absent in this interaction. I am blown away, that with as many horrible reviews Dr. Davis has received, that there has been little accountability by Fairfax Gynecology Group towards her. I left my mere 5 minute appointment feeling much worse than when I arrived. Had I not been in so much shock, and able to find my voice through my lack of ability to breathe from the assault of words, I would have told her what a horrible person she was while I was there. But because I felt like I had been punched in the stomach, and couldn't catch my breath, I was unable to speak. DO NOT GO to Dr. Davis if you want someone to professionally explain your symptoms and possible reasons for them. I am at a loss. Shame on you Dr. Davis for your condescending, dismissive, despicable bedside manner. You are an embarrassment to the profession.

October 1st, 2015
Please go elsewhere
I never write reviews about doctors or anything but I refuse to let anyone go through what I went through with "Dr" Margaret Davis. I think I'm being beyond generous for even giving her one star. So I woke up one morning with extreme pain and wasn't even able to sit normally, so I made an appointment to see her. As soon as I got there she asked why I never ordered my birth control (which keep in mind the last time we spoke she told me she was goi long to order it for me since patients can't order things like that) and then proceeded to tell me that she couldn't see anything which was surprising because she "figured I had just gotten herpes or something" (in her words) while I physically pointed out the lump that I had found she told me that it's nothing because she couldn't see anything. At this point the lump was about the size of a grape so the fact that she "couldn't see it" was absolutely ridiculous. She proceeded to put the speculum in and when I nearly jumped off the table in pain she told me to just relax it doesn't hurt that bad. So being incredibly frustrated I went and found a new obgyn and got into her office the following Monday. Within the 5 days between appointments it had already doubled in size and the new doctor instantly saw it and sent me to a specialist. I ended up needing to get two separate surgeries one to drain the infection and one to get the huge cyst removed. The day that I got released from the hospital weeks later Margaret Davis called me telling me that the herpes test came back negative which she never told me she even did and then when I told her my situation and everything that had happened she got extremely rude and snippy with me about the fact that I went to someone else and then hung up on me. So please please please read reviews about her before you go to her because this is people's lives that are on the line when you go to the doctors and she could care less about anyone's well being.

January 27th, 2015
Cold Disposition, Rude, and Will Not Discuss nor Listen...
Rude, rude, rude woman. When wanting to take a BRCA test, this doctor was adverse and rude about it from the moment she entered the room. Don't go to her for anything other than your annual pap. She cares not.

June 20th, 2012
Downright rude
Maybe there is a reason it was so easy to get an appointment with Dr. Davis. She was a terribly rude woman with an awful office staff. While making an appointment over the phone, the receptionist was unprofessional. The nurse was very kind, but my appointment with Dr. Davis was a huge letdown. She did not smile or introduce herself, and seemed to want to rush me out of the appointment. The atmosphere at this place was cold and I do not recommend anyone going here. Avoid this place and look for a nicer doctor.

March 13th, 2012
50 and perimenapausal
I went to Dr. Davis with questions concerning my problems associated with perimenapause.She seems to be competent, but has a very snippy,and in a hurry attitude. She was no help concerning my problems, and dismissed my concerns and ideas on my estrogen experience. She said nothing of my urine test, and never met me back in her office after writing a script, just gave it to the receptionist that said "specialist" when I nicely asked why my copay was more than usual. This was a first and last visit for me.

February 3rd, 2012
Dr. Davis is not very nice. I was nervous about my first trip ever to a gynecologist and she showed very little compassion. When asking for a recommendation about which kind of birth control might be covered best by my insurance she snapped back with a reply that she had no idea. (She could have at least recommended a generic brand, or offered some kind of guidance.) She did not ask the appropriate questions and created an environment in which I did not feel comfortable enough to ask any of my own. She wasn't terrible or incompetent, but I certainly would not recommend her.

January 28th, 2012
Don't go to Dr. Davis, especially if it is your first visit to the gynecologist.
Dr. Davis and her receptionists are rude and unfriendly. They run the place like a business (but not a good one, since they messed up my prescription when speaking with my pharmacist and I got mailed a 3 months supply of the wrong medication). Clearly the primary goal of Dr. Davis is to make money. Making sure that patients are well-informed or well taken care of is not very high on the agenda. I'll be searching for a new gynecologist. She stinks.

January 24th, 2012
Though supposedly highly regarded, during the time I was Dr. Davis' patient, I found her to be the most user-UNFRIENDLY doctor I've ever met! Obviously judgmental and extremely condescending, I was hesitant to ask her anything! She barked the answers to my questions w/ a look of disdain which suggested that I were a dimwit because I didn't already KNOW the answer. She was so unpleasant that I switched to another practice! AND since I left Dr. Davis, I have spoken with a number of women who felt exactly the same way; and who, themselves, have left her practice!

June 6th, 2011
Poor Bedside Manner
Dr. Davis came recommended by a colleague. I saw her for a specific GYN issue and found her abrupt and sterile - once she diagnosed me, she offered no concrete recommendations for treatment. Her bedside manner was lacking. I will not return to this doctor in the future.

May 2nd, 2011
I refuse to see her again
The front office staff must have gotten better than the previous reviews. I had a very pleasant and efficient experience with them. However, Dr. Davis was condescending and arrogant. I can look over these traits if the doctor at least answers my questions. Whenever I asked her a question, she looked at me like I was an idiot and did not deign to answer them. One positive is that she seems knowledgeable as a physician. However, if she does not want to impart that knowledge on her patients, I refuse to see her again.