Dr. Margaret Echt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 22nd, 2014
She delivered my third child, which at age 40, I was very nervous about. The pregnancy/delivery went fine. I felt like Dr. Echt did a thorough job and followed up on potential issues. I checked into her thoroughly, and had experienced RNs at Cottage tell me she was a very good surgeon and had good outcomes. She is also one of the few trained on DaVinci, so she stays up to date on latest procedures. That being said, I did feel like she didn't take my concerns seriously over problems with moderate pelvic/rectal/bladder prolapse seriously after my third eight lb. baby and wanting to get this fixed. She said all women have this after having babies, but it's causing me problems, and I am in process of getting second opinion.

June 7th, 2012
On-Call Doctor
She isn't even my main OB but she took my questions from her office staff, did a proactive file request from my regular ob's office and called me to have an intelligent consult.How many doctors out there are willing to do that as an on-call doctor?She then went out of her way to schedule an induction for me at the hospital and scheduled me even though she did not have a patient of her own in the hospital - and called me back a second time when I had more questions.Just because she has a long wait to get a new patient in queue, doesn't mean you should write off on her practice. I'd rather a long wait time at an OB's office knowing they are answering everyone's question and that she will confidently answer all of mine when it is my turn, than to be rushed out and be 'on schedule'.An OB's job is to care not only for you but for your unborn child's well being!

March 22nd, 2012
Grossly Negligent
I would never recommend this dr to ANYONE! She ignored Huge problems late in my pregnancy and my first born has paid the cost, nearly with his life. If she had listened, cared, and gotten advisement my family would be unharmed and my son would enjoy a healthy life. Even the local perinatal specialist said had she gotten his help things would've been far different. Many PEP friends cried the same disdain for dr echt

October 13th, 2011
Professional and Personal
Dr Echt and her staff was excellent. I went in for a procedure of female nature and never felt uncomfortable. The procedure went on time and the staff was very attentive. I recommend her highly!

September 30th, 2010
She doesnt care about you, just the money
Dr Echt talked to me about her financial situation while I was telling her my concern about how to pay for my delivery !! Ok, you're a doctor, keep that to yourself. I am the patient and instead of helping me or discussing a payment plan, she went on to say she doesn t really make much out of what she charges me. Also, I am 5 months pregnant and she already asks me for money for my birth delivery, something that has not yet happen!!! I dont like the feeling I have with her. She talks about money instead of my medical situation. I am a first time mother and wish she could talk about what is going to happen or what to expect instead of how much she actual gets into her wallet. I would not see her for future babies. That's for sure. I like Denise, the nurse, very nice. I dislike Wendy, the staff, you ask her a question and it's like you are bothering her with your question ! She does not fit in that kind of job then.

September 21st, 2010
Unprofessional, rushed
I had concerns about menopausal symptoms and was hurried through an exam and given little information. When I developed symptoms following treatment of a UTI it was assumed these were also due to menopause and I wasn't checked, just dismissed. The nurse practitioner told me I would need to have symptoms for a longer period of time before they would consider estrogen therapy. Another doctor realized the symptoms were unusual and diagnosed a serious infection. Not recommended.

August 31st, 2010
You're Awesome
I was treated quickly, and efficiently.

July 14th, 2010
Unprofessional, don't do it!
On my first or second visit..the doctor told me, "I'm going to hit you if you ask me again". When I was worried about deformaties of my unborn child. Less than calm and compassionate for a first time mother asking about her child's limbs or possible deformaties. She is so busy she switches appointments with her nurse practitioner who sent me for a test that was not needed. I had cancelled a visit and not seen her for 6 weeks because my dad died and I was in a deep depression...when I called to ask if I was going into labor, she and the nurse practitioner first scolded me and said how difficult I was for not coming in six weeks, instead of helping me, they started an argument over the phone. Yuck, icky feelings all around.

March 22nd, 2010
I would not recommend Echt as a doctor
I would not recommend Margaret Echt as a doctor.I did not like her bedside manner. During an office visit she discussed with me her financial situation in detail for fifteen minutes. During another visit she told me that she could not do anything for me at that time, and then charged me $60 for that visit. For the delivery of my daughter she expressed her dissatisfaction of not performing a vaccum procedure, and commented about how she left three patients to perform a vaccum procedure.The other thing that I did not like was that during my visit and afterwards her or her staff were not able to tell me how much the visit would cost me. We had health insurance ($1000/mo.) for a family of three. We delivered my daughter vaginally within four hours after arriving at the hospital, we were at the hospital for three days and were charged an additional $10,000 for the hospital stay. I liked Denise, her nurse practitioner. Very nice, and informative.I would not recommend Echt. She is not friendly or informative, and she charges a lot for her services.

May 12th, 2009
Really nice doctor.
I was very impressed with the quality of Dr. Echt's "bedside manner" and the amount of time she spent with me during my first visit. She is very kind and I will continue to see her.

October 10th, 2008
I would not recommend this doctor to anybody

April 23rd, 2008
Awesome under pressure
Dr. Echt treated me twice under stressful medical conditions and in both circumstances she performed swiftly, professionally, and with expertise I have not experienced in a physician previously.