inactive

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2011
nice,easy going dr. however, she was not helpful in the least.
She reminded me of a home maker-out to earn some extra bucks. Very matronly. She kind of reminded me of my mother which made me feel a little nervous and embarrassed to talk about some of my destructive behavior.I thought she was a bit preoccupied during our sessions. She was polite, mellow and her voice was very soothing(when she spoke). She mostly said things like,'oh no, that must be hard' or would nod her head from side to side and just looked at me with great empathy. I saw her for almost a year and in that time I never received a diagnosis. I was angry and lost faith in her ability to treat me. How can treatment work w/out a diagnosis. I did not make any progress. During my depressed episodes, her standard answer was, 'take a walk or to take a bath'. Ironically, my mother gave me the exact same advice. She seemed like a very nice person but I dont think she really liked her job. She was very liberal in terms of prescribing any medication I suggested. That was the bonus and the reason I stayed w/her for about 8-9 months. I liked her even though I was frustrated about the aforementioned issues.

May 13th, 2014