Dr. Margaret Meg Hayes Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Margaret Meg Hayes?

Best Doctor Ever

Posted on April 9th, 2015

My doctor for 15 years. Excellent in all regards.

Big Change in This Physician's Bedside Manner/Attitude

Posted on August 21st, 2014

I left a recent appointment with Dr. Hayes so frustrated I cried on the way home!! Her personality has changed dramatically. She made me feel that I was wasting her time and had done something wrong by coming to see her. I'm usually very healthy and go to the doctor at most once a year but recently I have had some health changes that I figured would be worth checking out. She was very abrupt. She asked questions in a very strict manner. She ordered labs for a workup (without explaining them) and then left the room and told me to "sit there". (This was after she was 30 minutes late to start). The medical assistant came in and informed me my appointment for today was over. WTH?? I will complete the lab work and find a new physician who will take the time to listen to me. I work in healthcare and know the system is strained but her attitude did not strike me as caring or professional. This is a big change from the past.

Posted on October 6th, 2011

Dr. Hayes showed a great deal of concern and went out of her way to make sure that I understood everything regarding my health.

Will not be going back!

Posted on June 27th, 2011

We chose Dr. Hayes because she is the only International Pediatrician in Oregon. We went to our first visit and she seemed knowledgeable but was not very friendly. I didn't care because I just needed my son treated by someone that knew international issues. We had some big concerns.She sent us for a list of tests and when the test results were back no one would call us back. The nurse finally called us back, told us that some of his blood work looked "weird" and that she would have to call us back. She left us hanging for a day and a half! We found out our son had a few issues and I desperately wanted to talk with Dr. Hayes about the issues. It took days for her to call me back and when she did she came across like she didn't care and it was a bother to call me. We will not go back to Dr. Hayes and will find other care for our son. I am beyond disappointed that a doctor can treat her patients this way and still have patients go back to her.

Best Doctor For My Family

Posted on May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Hayes has been the doctor for my entire family for over ten years. She has seen us through three births, and been the doctor for both my husband and myself as well as our children. Dr. Hayes goes above and beyond the call of duty over and over again. She is available, listens, and meets our needs every time we have a health problem or need. We moved over one hundred miles away two years ago, but continue to maintain Dr. Hayes as our family physician. I can't imagine trusting the health of my family to any one else.

Provides a real sense of comfort and care

Posted on April 4th, 2011

Can't sing enough praises of Doc Hayes. She has been absolutely phenomenal throughout our pregnancy. It's rare these days to feel like you have a personal relationship with your doctor. We feel incredibly lucky to be under her care.

This Doctor Needs a Shrink

Posted on January 15th, 2011

I am convinced this doctor is crazy. The stark difference in ratings of her between interns and actual patients should send out some red flags.

Bar none, the most horrendous treatment I've ever recieved from a doctor.

Posted on August 27th, 2010

I really researched my options when trying to find a new doctor after moving to the Portland area. I read some great reviews about Dr. Hays and because of that I waited MONTHS to get in with her. I was VERY excited to see her because she supposedly specializes in alternative medicine. At no point did I receive even basic care, let alone alternative care. Once I finally got to my first appointment after a very long wait and a mess of a time actually finding the place (even with a GPS!), I had quite a few health issues to deal with. I had them written down and tried to be as concise as possible. I have no idea what I might have said that could have rubbed her the wrong way, but I have never in my life been treated so poorly by someone I was seeing in a professional capacity. Frankly, I was taken aback. It was so bad that I actually cried. That is not normally something I would ever do but I was pretty sick, probably in the most pain I had ever been in my life. Because I was so sick, when I left I just kept thinking to myself, "maybe I just don't feel good so I'm not seeing this clearly." I thought this because I honestly couldn't really believe that she was as combative and angry as she was. It was a totally unexpected experience that felt like some sort of bizarre power trip... I'm still confused by it because, based on a few other reviews, there are obviously intelligent people who had such vastly different experiences with her. I went back for a second visit to follow up on some tests and referrals, and realized that the issues during our first encounter had nothing to do with me. She was what I would truly qualify as aggressive when I asked her questions about my health during both appointments and pretty much flat out refused to answer them! I could not believe it! On my second visit I was really guarded (and I was starting to feel a little stronger) and when I ran into the same problems as the first time I re-routed the conversation to less important matters. I really needed help (and still do) on some fairly serious medical issues but I chose to change the topic to some more minor issues solely for self preservation. I purposefully just agreed with everything she said and did not ask another question, and she magically became tolerable, almost pleasant! I was FLOORED. Writing this, I'm still just confused and horrified. I'm in the process of finding a new doctor, but I have suffered a lot of pain needlessly because of the time I wasted trying to access health care via Dr. Hayes. I've never written a review on a doctor and certainly never felt compelled to write a review like this about anyone or any service I've ever received. I feel that it's very important that nobody EVER has to experience something like I did, especially when they are vulnerable and especially from someone who is in charge of their health!

kind sincere doctor

Posted on August 11th, 2010

I recently finished an internship with Dr Hayes at OHSU. I am completing my doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and was happy to have this opportunity. My first day with Dr Hayes gave me instant compassion for the amount of work that doctors do for patients. Her knowledge of medicine and skills are incredible and she is still so humble and gentle with her patients. I did not have a single day with her where she was not completely familiar with her patient prior to coming into the clinic to see them. She probably has over a thousand patients and can still remember each one-and their families and jobs and the things going on in their lives. Her patients seemed more like old friends and she still has a professionalism that is sincere. I wish I could send all of my patients to Dr Hayes! She is on top of all of the latest information and just when a patient comes in with so many different issues and is so sick she get's right to work at finding and teaching the patient all of the available healthcare options AND the coolest thing is that she does acupuncture too! I am very grateful that I had the chance to work with Dr Hayes.

If you are sick, do not see Dr. Hayes. See only if you are healthy and do not need in depth care.

Posted on July 29th, 2010

Used to be a caring, considerate dr. but no longer. She has changed and not for the better. She does not listen, comes across as unprofessional, rude, hostile, rushed and borderline annoyed by questions. She really does not want or encourage discussion because she appears to not want to hear what you have to say. Also, she has been as late as 2 hours to show up to a scheduled appt. She is not encouraging when you are diagnosed with a chronic disease and has lost her once wonderful nedside manner. I used to recommend her highly but no more, especially if you have a chrinic disease that needs managment and help from your dr. She will not offer it, at least she did not for me and I requested to be referred to another dr. after being her patient for over a decade.

The Best

Posted on July 9th, 2010

Dr. Hayes is the Family Doctor for my entire family. She delivered my three children and has always been there for all of us. She always listens and responds quickly to any problem we have.

Posted on October 20th, 2017