Dr. Margaret Polaneczky MD Patient Reviews

3.4

November 6th, 2015
Amazing GYN oncologist.
One of the best gyn's I have seen on either coast. Dr P was kind, didn't waste time, gave my husband and I clear explanation of possible outcomes, treatments and next steps. She will contact you after hours to follow up, but is very much no nonsense, which works well for me. Doesn't waste time, but will help you find solutions and is secure to bring in other colleagues for another opinion. I can not recommend her enough. Granted, to get in and see her for the initial visit may take 3 months, but worth the wait. Once you're past that point, making appointments is easy. Her nurse Dionne is great as well!

January 17th, 2014
Very Happy Patient
I cannot explain the great fortune in having found Dr. Polaneczky. I changed doctors because I no longer wanted to risk the chance of waiting hours for my previous OB-GYN if he had to deliver a baby. Dr. P. is just amazing. Yes, I had to wait about 3 - 4 weeks for an appointment. However, once I arrived and filled out the new patient paperwork, Dr. P. saw me within 15 minutes. To those that complain about waiting, it's important to remember that a doctor who keeps you waiting might very well be doing so because he/she is spending time caring for and explaining things to another patient. Wouldn't YOU want to be treated with the same courtesy. Dr. P. is an excellent physician and very approachable. She is very matter of fact and gets to the point, but that doesn't mean she isn't caring. I was amazed that she noticed I got new glasses year to year from a previous appointment. I'd bet the house on Dr. Polaneczky giving me the best of care if I were to have something other than a normal check up. I would recommend Dr. Polaneczky!

November 14th, 2013
I was highly recommended this doctor, but to wait three and a half months to see her it is not acceptable. If she is so booked with current patients she should not accept new ones then. Who want to wait that long? Unbelievable. Since I am forced to rate 'the experience" and since I had none whatsoever because I did not have the chance to see the doctor, I have to chose that

March 29th, 2013
Unkind. Pays no attention to warnings about painful arthritic hip prior to examination. And heaven help you when she removes a polyp!

February 2nd, 2012
Are we talking about the same person?????
I just googled Dr. Polaneczky to give a friend her number and was shocked to see her poor rating on this site. Dr. P is an extremely nice and caring doctor who has always given me her full attention when I'm with her. I've never felt like she was rushing through an exam and her follow up is great. I've also never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes to see her (which is unheard of in NYC). It's hard to believe those negative reviews were written about the same doctor.