Dr. Margaret Ravits MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 10th, 2017
She's Brilliant
Love her! My whole family & friends go to her for a variety of problems. Dr. Ravits has solved problems that no other doctor could. She's truly amazing.

May 16th, 2017
I have a very rare genetic disease (only approximately 7,000 known cases in the world) and have be struggling with one of the aspects of the disease (severe itching in the groin and other areas) for well over thirty years. Over the years I have seen over twenty dermatologists, many allergists, an acupuncturist, a herbalist, and three oncologists. Almost all of these physicians are well known nationally in their chosen fields of medicine. I have taken many internal medicines, skin applications, light and laser treatments, nerve block treatments, even a medication given to organ transplant patients. All of the physicians were caring and doing their best to help me. Unfortunately, nothing did help. I was recommended to Dr. Margaret Ravits by my ophthalmologist. I made an appointment and saw Dr. Ravits in her Hackensack, NJ office. Finally the quality of my life had improved because Dr. Ravits was able to help me where no other physician could. Dr. Margaret Ravits is a brilliant diagnostician and one of the most competent physicians I have ever met. She is a very caring, compassionate, and wonderful person. Her staff are knowledgeable, efficient, caring, helpful and very friendly. Her staff has been with her for many years and it is easy to see how her staff respect and enjoy working with her. I highly recommend Dr, Margaret S. Ravits to anyone who is seeking a competent dermatologist.

May 12th, 2017
I have been going to Dr. Margaret Ravits for a number of years because of a rare genetic disease which affects the teeth, skin, and sweat glands. I have been to many, many dermatologists in NY and NJ, including well known nationally recognized institutions for a skin rash and have never been able to get any relief except when I went to Dr. Ravits. She is a dedicated and extremely knowledgeable and competent physician. She is a caring and wonderful person. Her staff are all professional, competent, conscientious, efficient and friendly as well. I also had a stubborn staff infections affecting the skin. She treated me and it was helping but after a while the problem would come back. She wanted me to see a nationally recognized physician in NYC for a second opinion. She is such a caring person that she found out when my appointment was and called him to discuss my case while I was there.(How many physicians care enough to do that, she is the best.) He was very knowledgeable and suggested a treatment to help me. However, after I filled the prescription I realized it was the same as previously prescribed by Dr. Ravits. In my 81 years, having been to many different physicians for illnesses related to my genetic disease as well as having two open hearts and five other operations and procedures, I think that Dr. Margaret Ravits is one of the finest physicians I have ever met. I wholehearted recommend Dr. Ravits to anyone that needs to see a dermatologist. After knowing her, even if I no longer have a problem with my skin, I will still see her once a year for preventative reasons. In this day and age, because so many people are getting skin cancers, i recommend everyone should see her once a year for a full body checkup. Wishing everyone a healthy and happy life, Paul Gordon

July 25th, 2016
patient
The best medical choice I ever made. They saved my life. Thank you Margaret.

July 12th, 2016
Dr. Ravits is a compassionate and caring physician. I suffer from anxiety when it comes to medical issues and Dr. Ravits went out of her way to get my biopsy results back to me prior to the weekend knowing I would not be able to handle waiting for the results. She and her office both called me after their office was closed to tell me the good news that it was benign. She also called me on Monday to check to make sure that I was ok. You dont find many or any physicians that would take the extra time to care how I was feeling. I would recommend Dr. Ravits to whomever needs the care of a dermatologist, especially if they have any type of lesions, moles, etc that they are concerned about.

May 17th, 2016
Extremely poor
very poor diagnostics with no fruitful results. Strongly recommend not going there never ever as it is waste of money and time. Moreover the problem worsens with her medication and charges are way too high. Strong recommendation: BIG NO

December 17th, 2015
Dr. Ravits and her staff are wonderful. Dr. Ravits is a wonderful diagnostician and compassionate, caring and thorough. The staff treated me with respect and concern - and my overall experience was terrific. I highly recommend Dr. Ravits and her practice of dermatology.

December 16th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr Ravits for years and I have been extremely satisfied. She is a magnificent physician that I would recommend to one and all.

October 13th, 2015
Worth the wait
Dr. Ravits is very busy but takes time to look you over. She is very direct and won't guess or make prognostications but will also let you know what the skin situation is NOT. She recommends good products and gives little samples that work great. I trust her judgment and will pay even though she's not in my present medical network!

October 7th, 2015
I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE GOING TO THIS OFFICE. THE PHYSICIAN WAS VERY RUDE, UNPLEASANT, AND KEEP ON MAKING FACES. I CAME WITH A SIMPLE ALLERGY AND WHEN I USED THE PRESCRIPTION SHE GAVE ME, MY WHOLE FACE GOT ALL RED AND ITCHY. I WAS TOLD TO COME BACK FOR NO CHARGE, AND MONTHS AFTER.. I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR SAYING I OWE THEM! THESE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. SAVE YOURSELF SOME TROUBLE AND NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE.

February 28th, 2013
The best!
Dr. Ravits is very professional, friendly, and compassionate. She listened carefully to my questions and answered them all. I researched her ahead of time and was impressed by her qualifications and medical training. I left the appointment feeling much better and was comforted by the fact that she said that I could call her if I had any more questions. Whenever any of my friends ask me which dermatologist to go see for themselves or their family members, I always recommend Dr. Ravits and they thank me afterwards.

May 8th, 2012
Fantastic!
Dr. Ravits is the best dermatologist in NJ! I have been going to her for many years and she has been very helpful in treating me and my children. I always recommended her to my friends! She has a lot of experience but she is down to earth and caring. She goes out of her way to help patients and she even gave me her cell phone number and said that I could call her any time that I had questions or wanted to speak with her for more information. She is a very sweet woman and a well-respected professional.