Dr. Margaret Ravits Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Margaret Ravits?

Great Doctor

Posted on July 22nd, 2017

Dr. Ravits has been my husband's and my dermatologist for approximately two years, now. We actually travel from Hoboken to Rivers Edge to see her, not because there aren't plenty of dermatologists in our city, or neighboring Manhattan, but, because we trust Dr. Ravits as a serious and dedicated professional, who has a great deal of experience, and goes out of her way to extend kindness and consideration to her patients. This just isn't easy to find. Competence, humanity and accessibility are a rare combination in a doctor. Dr. Ravits will pop her head into the waiting room to make sure patients aren't waiting too long...and we never are. She will offer her cell phone number to patients, in the event that there is a follow up question or concern, regarding any pending matter. She will respond to an inquiry, request for a referral or document, etc. with promptness. She is a no nonsense/no pretense kind of personality who has the work ethic and personal care for her patients of a time gone by. We also appreciate that Dr. Ravits has taken the care to staff her two offices (Rivers Edge and Hackensack) with people that are pleasant, professional, and efficient. We have come to know her assistant, Patty, and, more recently, her daughter, who are both so very kind, attentive and conscientious. We are grateful for Dr. Ravits and her lovely staff.

She's Brilliant

Posted on June 10th, 2017

Love her! My whole family & friends go to her for a variety of problems. Dr. Ravits has solved problems that no other doctor could. She's truly amazing.

Posted on May 16th, 2017

I have a very rare genetic disease (only approximately 7,000 known cases in the world) and have be struggling with one of the aspects of the disease (severe itching in the groin and other areas) for well over thirty years. Over the years I have seen over twenty dermatologists, many allergists, an acupuncturist, a herbalist, and three oncologists. Almost all of these physicians are well known nationally in their chosen fields of medicine. I have taken many internal medicines, skin applications, light and laser treatments, nerve block treatments, even a medication given to organ transplant patients. All of the physicians were caring and doing their best to help me. Unfortunately, nothing did help. I was recommended to Dr. Margaret Ravits by my ophthalmologist. I made an appointment and saw Dr. Ravits in her Hackensack, NJ office. Finally the quality of my life had improved because Dr. Ravits was able to help me where no other physician could. Dr. Margaret Ravits is a brilliant diagnostician and one of the most competent physicians I have ever met. She is a very caring, compassionate, and wonderful person. Her staff are knowledgeable, efficient, caring, helpful and very friendly. Her staff has been with her for many years and it is easy to see how her staff respect and enjoy working with her. I highly recommend Dr, Margaret S. Ravits to anyone who is seeking a competent dermatologist.

I have been going to Dr. Margaret Ravits for a number of years because of a rare genetic disease which affects the teeth, skin, and sweat glands. I have been to many, many dermatologists in NY and NJ, including well known nationally recognized institutions for a skin rash and have never been able to get any relief except when I went to Dr. Ravits. She is a dedicated and extremely knowledgeable and competent physician. She is a caring and wonderful person. Her staff are all professional, competent, conscientious, efficient and friendly as well. I also had a stubborn staff infections affecting the skin. She treated me and it was helping but after a while the problem would come back. She wanted me to see a nationally recognized physician in NYC for a second opinion. She is such a caring person that she found out when my appointment was and called him to discuss my case while I was there.(How many physicians care enough to do that, she is the best.) He was very knowledgeable and suggested a treatment to help me. However, after I filled the prescription I realized it was the same as previously prescribed by Dr. Ravits. In my 81 years, having been to many different physicians for illnesses related to my genetic disease as well as having two open hearts and five other operations and procedures, I think that Dr. Margaret Ravits is one of the finest physicians I have ever met. I wholehearted recommend Dr. Ravits to anyone that needs to see a dermatologist. After knowing her, even if I no longer have a problem with my skin, I will still see her once a year for preventative reasons. In this day and age, because so many people are getting skin cancers, i recommend everyone should see her once a year for a full body checkup. Wishing everyone a healthy and happy life, Paul Gordon

Posted on May 12th, 2017

patient

Posted on July 25th, 2016

The best medical choice I ever made. They saved my life. Thank you Margaret.

Posted on July 12th, 2016

Dr. Ravits is a compassionate and caring physician. I suffer from anxiety when it comes to medical issues and Dr. Ravits went out of her way to get my biopsy results back to me prior to the weekend knowing I would not be able to handle waiting for the results. She and her office both called me after their office was closed to tell me the good news that it was benign. She also called me on Monday to check to make sure that I was ok. You dont find many or any physicians that would take the extra time to care how I was feeling. I would recommend Dr. Ravits to whomever needs the care of a dermatologist, especially if they have any type of lesions, moles, etc that they are concerned about.

Extremely poor

Posted on May 17th, 2016

very poor diagnostics with no fruitful results. Strongly recommend not going there never ever as it is waste of money and time. Moreover the problem worsens with her medication and charges are way too high. Strong recommendation: BIG NO

Posted on December 17th, 2015

Dr. Ravits and her staff are wonderful. Dr. Ravits is a wonderful diagnostician and compassionate, caring and thorough. The staff treated me with respect and concern - and my overall experience was terrific. I highly recommend Dr. Ravits and her practice of dermatology.

Posted on December 16th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Ravits for years and I have been extremely satisfied. She is a magnificent physician that I would recommend to one and all.

Worth the wait

Posted on October 13th, 2015

Dr. Ravits is very busy but takes time to look you over. She is very direct and won't guess or make prognostications but will also let you know what the skin situation is NOT. She recommends good products and gives little samples that work great. I trust her judgment and will pay even though she's not in my present medical network!

Posted on October 7th, 2015

I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE GOING TO THIS OFFICE. THE PHYSICIAN WAS VERY RUDE, UNPLEASANT, AND KEEP ON MAKING FACES. I CAME WITH A SIMPLE ALLERGY AND WHEN I USED THE PRESCRIPTION SHE GAVE ME, MY WHOLE FACE GOT ALL RED AND ITCHY. I WAS TOLD TO COME BACK FOR NO CHARGE, AND MONTHS AFTER.. I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR SAYING I OWE THEM! THESE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. SAVE YOURSELF SOME TROUBLE AND NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE.

The best!

Posted on February 28th, 2013

Dr. Ravits is very professional, friendly, and compassionate. She listened carefully to my questions and answered them all. I researched her ahead of time and was impressed by her qualifications and medical training. I left the appointment feeling much better and was comforted by the fact that she said that I could call her if I had any more questions. Whenever any of my friends ask me which dermatologist to go see for themselves or their family members, I always recommend Dr. Ravits and they thank me afterwards.