Overall Review

2.6

May 4th, 2016
Dr. Shelly is one of my favorite things about Boston. She handles all her patients individually and personally. Her naturally pleasant demeanor encourages discussion about not just treatment and preventive care, but also a fully understanding of any injuries or conditions for a more precise and appropriate treatment. I really like her a lot.

July 24th, 2013
PPO Suggested
I normally don't write reviews, but thought my experience with Dr Shelly required it. I had been a patient of Dr Shelley for about 2 years. I didn't have any problems with her until I needed more medical attention than a PCP could provide. When I needed an emergency appointment for a kidney stone (it was misdiagnosed as a urinary infection, but that's a common misdiagnosis), she had just gone on vacation. There is supposed to be a backup doctor for such instances, but she does not have one. I then had to go to a health clinic who sent me to the ER. What followed were a number of doctor visits... The first few were out of my network (due to the emergency) and I needed backdated referals - this was a nightmare to get! I was first told that all I needed were the doctor's ID number, but then she wanted me to have the doctors call her (not common). On top of that, she doesn't have a regular receptionist to answer phone calls or figure out problems and Doctor Shelly is not the easiest of people to talk to when there's a problem outside of medicine. In addition to that, when she got back from vacation, I was told I needed to go back to a network doctor... she sent me to a kidney stone specialist rather than a urologist further delaying my needed surgery by another week. Bottom line, if you have Dr Shelly as a PCP, opt for the PPO plan rather than the HMO plan.

February 27th, 2012
WORST doctor ever!!!
The Good:-Easy to get an appointment. -She has a newbury street office which is convenient to get to.The Bad:-She never spend more than 2 minutes with each patients-She doesn't allow you to have more than two things to talk about at each visit-She does an aweful and horrible papsmear test. -She doesn't remember you and why you are here (even though it is a follow up appointment)-She doesn't explain the medication or disease to the full detail as every patient deserve to hear.-She is recentful to send you to a specialist even if she herself is helpless to your situation. ...the list can go on and goIn Summary:She is the most careless and irresponsible doctor I have ever had. She is trying to see as many patients as possible per day and spend the least amount of time with each. If you don't want your treatment to get delayed, don't see this doctor.

June 7th, 2010
Patient of Dr Shelly for over 20 years
She is wonderful and has always taken all the time that I have needed. She really cares and listens. She is very up to date on medical care. I travel from the South Shore to see her. I have always been able to get an appointment on short notice and have also been able to get her on the phone. Several of my friends also go to her

September 30th, 2009
I'd have like her to spend a little more time with me, not just walk in ask me a question and then start walking me out. I think she only sees people for 5-8 mins, does not give a chance to let her know your problem.