Dr. Margaret Sommerville MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Chevy Chase, MD

3.9

October 16th, 2016
Very pleased with my visit
I saw another dermatologist 2 years ago who told me that the bump on my lip was nothing. When I saw dr Sommerville, she suspected a skin cancer. I was hesitant to have a biopsy, because I was convinced that it wasn't necessary. Dr Sommerville convinced me and the bump turned out to be a cancer! I am really mad at my previous dermatologist and I will only see dr Sommerville from now on. On top of it, dr Sommerville accepts my insurance, unlike my previous dermatologist. The biopsy was not too painful and dr Sommerville was sweet and professional.

October 9th, 2016
Wonderful office, great promotions!
I received amazing skincare products, a vitamin serum and tinted moisturizer completely free with my Botox treatment! I love the products and will continue to use them. Botox results were great and gave me a brow lift I needed. I will never go to another dermatologist and can't wait for the next promotion.

September 17th, 2016
Great office, very welcoming!
Dr. Sommerville treated me for warts and adult acne. She was exceptionally good at explaining her treatment and did not make me feel rushed like my previous dermatologist. She recommended 2 incredible skin care items, a Vitasmoothe serum and a tinted SPF morning cream. My skin has never looked better and when I went back home for vacation, I got so many complements about my skin. Dr. Sommerville is awsome!

August 10th, 2016
I just can't thank her enough!
I saw dr. Sommerville for adult acne. She was the third dermatologist that I saw for my condition. I just can't thank her enough for her patience and for convincing me to take antibiotics for a month and a half. The other doctors wanted to put me on Accutane with all the risks and blood tests that are required. Dr Sommerville now has me on 3 different creams and her skincare products that are amazing. I am so happy that my friend told me about dr. Sommerville. She is nice, knowledgeable, patient and caring.

November 5th, 2015
Dr. Sommerville did my skin cancer screening. She was very thorough and professional. She did two biopsies and froze several spots. She put me at ease and explained everything well. I did not feel rushed at all. This was my first visit, but from now on I will not go elsewhere. To top it off, she sent me a lovely welcome letter!

October 11th, 2015
Great office, fantastic doctor!
I have been searching for a dermatologist like dr. Sommerville for a long time. I have had eczema and acne forever. Dr. Sommerville really took her time to listen to my concerns and everything I have tried before. She totally cleared up my skin and my breakouts only occur occasionally now. She also addressed the scarring with micro needling and it worked really well. My face is so different now and I have no need to hide under thick makeup. Throughout this whole process dr. Sommerville was patient, encouraging and sweet. She is the type of doctor who totally understands her patients and her desire to help is real and palpable.

June 25th, 2015
Very good practice!
Dr. Sommerville is fantastic. She always has something positive to say and makes me feel great. Dr. Sommerville's dedication to her practice is obvious. She knows how to listen which is rare. I love what she does with Botox and fillers. It never looks overdone. I like her conservative approach. I really trust her.

June 23rd, 2015
Dr. Somerville is the best!
This is an excellent practice. Dr. Somerville is smart, patient and considerate. I have had micro needling and microdermabrasion with great results. Dr. Sommerville's attention to detail and genuine interest in her patients make her practice stand out. After a while you feel like you are a part of a family. Chevy Chase Dermatology has the best promotions and the best selection of skincare products. I have been using Retin A, Intellishase SPF45 and Avene moisturizers. My skin has never looked healthier.

October 14th, 2014
Highly recommend!
This is a wonderful practice. Dr. Sommerville recommended terrific skin care program and several procedures with no downtime and great results. I highly recommend this practice, because there is no pressure, just honest, helpful information. Everyone at Chevy Chase Dermatology is so pleasant and welcoming that one looks forward to the next visit.

September 22nd, 2014
Great Doctor!
Dr Sommerville did a terrific job fixing my eczma. She discovered that I am allergic to preservatives in my skin care products. No other doctor previously bothered to investigate this. Thanks to Dr. Sommerville I no longer have to rely on steroid creams.

May 14th, 2014
I would not go anywhere else!
I have been a cosmetic patient for a few years now. The office is very clean and the staff is always nice and smiling. They are informed about the products and knowledgeable about the procedures. They make it easy to schedule an appointment even though my calendar is pretty busy (sometimes if there is a cancellation I can get in the same day). This is also a medical office so sometimes I have had to wait for my appointment but the staff keeps me updated. In terms of location, it is convenient and when the parking garage gets full I just park across the street at Saks. My first visit was a while ago but I still remember how Dr. Sommerville told me about a number of different procedures and products and then together we decided on the best plan of action for my skin. So far I have had Botox, Juvederm, Sapphire microdermabrasions, a few chemical peels and IPL. Also, I use Retin A and a few other creams. I have spaced out my treatments and continue to maintain and I can truly say that my skin looks better than it did 5 years ago. Dr. Sommerville has helped me understand why I should or should not do certain things to my skin, including how excessive sun can be very damaging. When I stopped using sunscreen in the past, my sunspots returned. Now, I use my sunscreen and wear a hat, even when I walk my dog. I feel like Dr. Sommerville has taught me things about my skin that I couldn’t have learned on my own. There is no quick fix and maintenance is key! Overall, I cannot imagine going anywhere else.

May 1st, 2014
Great Practice!
Dr Sommerville is great and her assistants are smart and professional. The atmosphere in the office is awesome and most patients act like they have known Dr. Sommerville forever. The best selection of skin care products anywhere is available at her office. If you need a perfect place for skin cancer checks and Botox or filler, look no further. Dr M. as I call her, is fanatical about natural results, so no one will know for sure if you are getting injections. What really stands out is her attention to detail. I trust her completely.