inactive

Mari Su MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 2nd, 2016
I love Dr Su! she is very sweet and listens well.

January 13th, 2016
Getting a quick appointment is impossible here
Dr. Su is very nice and calm. The office is very clean and I've never had any issues with the staff but in order to make an appointment for an annual I have to book it 4-6 months in advance. Even when I was in between insurance plans and wanted to try to get an appointment before I left the company I was with, they couldn't squeeze me in. I called to make an appointment today and the earliest she can see me is 6 months from now. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

August 12th, 2015
Great bedside manner. Very attentive
I loved having Dr. Su as my OB.

July 30th, 2015
Esq.
While office waiting times and rudeness of staff can be frustrating, do not take that as a reflection of Dr. Su's care. She rocks!!! I know she is busy because apparently everyone wants to see her!!

May 29th, 2015
I have always waited at least 45 minutes and often over an hour. This kind of disrespect for a patient's time is unacceptable. She doesn't even spend that much time with me. Dr. Su is knowledgable and kind but the waits are unbearable. For this reason alone, I would not recommend.

March 10th, 2015
WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE
NEVER in my entire life have I been treated more poorly in a time of need. Due to a subway breakdown I was 18 minutes late for an appointment and not only did they refuse me treatment because the doctor was 2 hours behind. My only option was to speak to the office manager via phone in the public waiting room where I had to detail the reason I was there to see the doctor (which were very personal considering it is a gynecologist office) and it was utterly demoralizing and embarrassing. It was appalling how cruel the office staff was. I would highly recommend no one ever step foot in this office unless you want to be publicly humiliated and treated like dirt.

September 11th, 2014
IUD success
Dr Su agreed to give me an IUD even though I have never had a child while my former OBGyn refused to I find her so lovely and calm and reassuring - not like the sort of high energy strung out OBGyn's I've seen in the past She was recommended to me by a friend Only demerits are for how busy her office is and the sometimes long wait times in the office

July 30th, 2013
Very unprofessional staff
Dr. Su has so far been good with returning calls and answering questions, but whenever I called to ask to speak to her, her office staff would either tell me to wait until my next appointment (over a month away), she's too busy and will call you back within a week, or gives casual unfounded advice about a particular issue that a simple googlinig will tell you is wrong. I've never been offered to leave a number so she could call back when she's available. I've had to force the person to take the number and demand she calls me back when she can. After reading reviews posted here, I'm beginning to feel concern that she will not be available due to the unprofessional staff when a real issue occurs.

February 19th, 2013
Very knowledgable and will answer all of your questions. However, during my pregnancy I was told that she will be there during my delivery but she never showed up.

January 17th, 2013
Wonderful doctor!
I was so happy to have Dr. Su as my OB. She answered all my questions and was attentive to all my concerns. She is learned about mostly everything current in her field. This was important for me when I was looking for an OB. I wanted a doctor who was experienced but also knowledgeable in "girly" questions like can I get a gel manicure or highlights while pregnant.

November 29th, 2012
I think Dr. Su is fantastic, but her office staff is unprofessional and causing the office to be potentially liable for malpractice. When I had an infection and needed medication, I never spoke to a doctor. Instead, the office staff told me they called in a prescription. But the staff gave me the wrong instructions for whether to start the medication and they also got the dosage wrong. Please stay away from this office.

April 23rd, 2012
An absolutely phenomenal doctor!