Dr. Maria Apigo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2017
Unethical Dr!
I was patient of Dr Apigo up to May15, a week before my due date when she dropped me as a patient. Do not let this woman care for you especially if you are educated and don't just trust everything a doctor tells you or have any desire to do childbirth as natural as possible. My 1st preg, had lots of questions, did research, wanted to have as natural a childbirth as possible. I really liked her spunky personality and how nice she was in beginning. the it started She pressured me to get the Harmony test for down syndrome 1st, I didn't want the test b/c It also told the gender and we wanted a surprise. 2nd-no intention of doing anything if the baby had down syndrome. Nonetheless, she pressured, I gave in.test came back positive 99% for Triple X syndrome. she told us sex because that syndrome was specific to girls. this added stress and worry.. did bloodwork and stated that I had a high A1C and was possibly insulin resistant but never gave me the glucose test but treated me as a gestational diabetes patient. Told me that they would induce at 39wks unless they could keep my blood sugar under control & baby was normal. As my pregnancy continued, visits with her began to get worse and worse. I was high risk, gd, the baby had an extra chromosome. I went in for a heart reading and the baby's heartbeat sounded distant, She told me it was because of my GD & amniotic fluid being low which could be fatal. On top of that, she started telling me that I wasn't doing well with food journaling and that the dietician had let her know I hadn't sent in my journals. which I had but they hadn't updated her. she was really short and crappy with me, made me feel awful and then proceeded to rush things and walk out. The next day at ultrasound The tech measured my fluid. told me it was great. Why this woman would tell me something like that w/o any evidence was crazy. she stressed me out so much. The next time I met w/Apigo she brushed it off when I told her that my amniotic fluid was not low and that she really upset me w/everything she said to me. She dismissed it. Any issue I brought up was brushed off and she made it very clear she didn't like me addressing things with her. 2 mos before my due date she told me that the rep for the Harmony test had told her they were having false results w/triple x and I should take the results lightly. I couldn't believe all that for nothing. All the ultrasounds, the baby's movements, my A1c decreasing from 5.8 to 5.5, I only put on 20lbs showed things going great I thought. But the kicker was her going back on her word that she wouldn't induce if the baby was on target and not showing signs of being too big. about a week & a half out out of nowhere said, well let's schedule your induction at 39 weeks. I was in disbelief and asked her why. she told me that was standard protocol for high risk GD patients. She started to tell me the baby's chest was measuring big and the baby was already 8lbs. the baby would get to big. Everything she said went back on everything I actually saw. it didn't sit well with me. I tried to talk to her and she talked over me, I tried to ask her why she felt it was necessary could I get a 2nd opinion & she got angry told me she knew what was best she had delivered tons of children, that I didn't trust her or her expert medical advice and if I questioned this I wouldn't trust her when it was time to deliver. She stormed out & sent the nurse in with an official letter stating she was ending our relationship a week and a half before my due!!! She was right, I didn't trust her wishy washy expertise, her trust me I know better than you and don't ever questions my authority. I What she did was unethical, lack of complete regard for a 9 month pregnant first time high risk mother. And it shows the kind of integrity and care she really has for her patients. I went full term b/c I had to get a new dr. My daughter was 7lbs 10oz no blood sugar issues, no triple x, perfectly healthy

August 7th, 2015
Best dr I've ever known. Her support and encouragement lead us to pursue having a child which ultimately resulted in the birth of a health little boy. Thank you, dr apigo! That little boy just turned 14. He's still amazing!

January 22nd, 2015
Dr. Apigo is a sweet doctor. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT WORTH IT. STAFF IS HORRIBLE. I arrived 8 minutes late to an appointment and then had to wait 55 minutes to be called in. After 45 minutes of not being called I asked them when I would be seen so that I could call into my work if necessary. The 2 receptionist at the front did not even want to look up at me while I was talking and had then rudely informed me that they gave my appointment time to a lady that arrived early for her 10:30. I plan accordingly so that I do not miss work time, although the staff is all unprofessional, I wait average 35-50 minutes before being called in, e v e r y single time. The 2 women that draw blood, poked me 3 times each time before getting my vein and Dr. Apigo's first hand assistant is beyond rude. AND when you do finally get called in.. you wait another 20-30 minutes till you get seen. Workers seem miserable, and tired and overworked. Dr. Apigo is great but for the 4 minutes you spend with her and hour with staff not worth it, you will leave drowned and in a bad mood.

January 7th, 2015
Dr. Apigo is simply the best doctor I have ever met! She is kind and comforting to be around. I have never seen her without a smile on her face.

February 18th, 2014
I have referred all my friends (6 now) that have become pregnant to Dr. Apigo if they didn't have a doctor already. Every single friend has loved her like I have. She is so sweet and caring. She also knows her speciality better than any other OB in my opinion. I keep telling my husband that we need to get pregnant again so I have a reason to see Apigo on a regular basis haha! Even my friend who's a doctors wife sees her and loves her which is awesome since doctor wives can be hard to appease when it comes to doctors. The only negative thing I have to say is about her MA. She always seems annoyed and never was very personable. I'm not the only one who has noticed that either.

January 6th, 2014
Very good doctor
Waiting time is too long. But she is worth for that.

July 10th, 2013
C-
Dr. Apigo herself is a great doctor however her staff at the office on Thunderbird road is very unfriendly. It seems like they are underpaid and overworked. They are never smiling nor helpful when you ask them a question. Same problem when you call the office. Another issue I have is the long wait time. Some people like me have to take time off from work to get to the appointment on time only to be stuck waiting in the waiting room 50 mins post appointment time. Being pregnant for the first time I am left with a bad impression of this office and would not return for my next pregnancy nor recommend this office to anyone.

June 9th, 2011
Simply Superb
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star DR.Apigo is a Super Star.........! She is very caring and friendly.

February 24th, 2011
Simply the BEST!
Dr.Apigo was recommended to me by a friend who was also expecting her first child. Dr. Apigo has made this special time in my life so easy and has done a fantastic job answering any and all questions. She is extremely thorough and truly cares about her patients. I will continue to see her for any future pregnancies.

May 11th, 2010
Dr. Apigo Rocks.
She listen to me very carefully. I never felt rushed or that it was "all in my head" I would recommend her to anyone that wants a Dr. that cares.

July 29th, 2009
Simply Awesome !
I Love HER ! I've recc. her to my friends and family and most of everyone I know go to her. Most of my female MD friends and their wives go to her as well. She's delivered my children (last preg -TWINS). She is honest, very smart, caring and compassionate, helpful, and not to mention an example of what other doctors should strive to be. I'm glad she is not with Desert West !

February 10th, 2009
She has the magic fingures,she is really great doctor to trust