Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Confirmation of “The worst of the worst”  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2014

My parents and I were patients of Drs. Maria and Dario Arango since the early 1990’s, when they were struggling for patients and adhered to their Hippocratic Oath. At that time, they exhibited empathy and compassion toward their patients, however over the past two decades, their priority shifted from “family medicine” to diversified areas such as: “weight control clinic”; “aesthetic procedures”; and physical therapy. Unfortunately, I must concur with complaints from other patients pertaining to the fact that: their staff lacks the basic skills of customer service; physicians never return calls: current office staff does not have the emotional intelligence to empathize with a human being experiencing excruciating pain or the fact that patients are also PROFESSIONALS WITH LEGAL AND ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND MUST RETURN TO OUR OFFICES IN ORDER TO ADDRESS THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS. Although I agree with complaints pertaining to the quality of care rendered by Arango Industrial and Family Clinic, I attest they DO NOT EPITOMIZE THE QUALITY OF DOCTORS IN THE RIO GRANDE VALLEY!! Over the past four years, I’ve been blessed to obtain the medical expertise and compassion of Dr. Socrates Garrigos-Adult Medicine Specialist in McAllen, TX; Dr. Sergio Rodriguez-Hand Surgeon at McAllen Hand Center in Edinburg, TX; and Dr. Rick Bassett at Rio Grande Orthopedic Center in Harlingen, TX. Therefore, I do not recommend Arango Industrial and Family Clinic, I DO NOT AGREE THAT ALL DOCTORS IN THE VALLEY LACK EMPATHY AND MAIN INTEREST PERTAINS TO FINANCIAL PROSPECTS.

|  They just want your money  |  show details
by Jorge on Mar 2nd, 2013

This clinic is only interested on get your money and insurance money. Be careful as they always charge you for additional items not requested during the appointment. Every time I was there, when received the bill I had to submit a complain to get items removed from the bill. And this is not the only case, the bad attitude of the staff, specially at the window or receptionist, is horrible. They treat you like if they are giving you a favor. First time I went there, I saw 2 people leaving the clinic just because the bad attitude of the person taking your information. I don't know why I did not avoid it the first time I saw that. I told the Doctor about what was happening with the staff, and seems like she does not care of, or the person is a family of her so she can not be fired. Avoid it, there are better options around.

|  My doctor  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Maria for years. She has always taken care of me. I feel very comfortable with her and she has never treated me negatively in any way. While I can agree some of her staff members are lacking, and wait times on certain days are long, she is a great doctor.

|  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

Where to star with this doctor. Her staff is the worst. I had an appointment at 3:00,at 4:00 I was still in lobby and had to ask her secretary why it was taking so long if I had an appointment (all this I was asking in Spanish) she probably thought I didn't understand English and she told another staff member that I was a walk in and that that's how long it took. So I interrupted and let her know that I had an appointment. She just looked at me and then checked on her computer and she realized I had an appointment but did not even excuse herself for what she had said. Very rude staff. Then I was taken in to wait another hour to see Dr Arango which was another disappointment because I was recommended by another friend that she was good with patients but to say the least she is even worse than her staff. I have severe pain in my legs and have vericose veins since I was younger now Iam 65 And I have worked standing in my jobs so my legs have gotten worse all I want is someone to help me with this pain. I also have rheumatoid in my legs (in Spanish reumas) . I walked into Dr Arangos office and told her that I had been with her a few weeks ago and that she had told me to stop taking a medication because that was causing me pain and when I reminde her she said she didn't remember. Then I told her if she could do a cat scan and she laughed at me like if I was saying a stupidity. Then I told her that she had done that to my friend that is why I was asking her to do it for me. Worst doctor ever. Don't ever go to her.

|  Did not Like  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

This doctor was very rude and made me feel like I was not sick enough to take up space in her clinic.