inactive

Maria C Bell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

October 29th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Bell and her staff are great. Very caring and professional. She saved my life. I would recommend her.

July 9th, 2015
She is an amazing doctor, very caring and makes you feel very confident.

April 29th, 2013
Misdiagnosis
My 37 year old cousin (mother of 7) went to Dr. Bell with the diagnosis of cervical cancer. Dr. Bell insisted upon a robotic removal of my cousin's cervix and uterus. After the surgery, my cousin went back to Dr. Bell repetedly over a three month period with pain and health concerns, only to be told that the cancer was gone, and that she had "kidney infections" and "bladder infections". Within six months, my cousin was diagnosed (elsewhere) with bladder and colon cancer. Within one year, my cousin was dead from full blown abdominal cancer. It was a painful death for my dear friend and cousin. I feel that Dr. Bell was not as aggressive and persistent as she should have been in this case. Please take this in mind. Get a second or third opinion after getting a diagnosis from this doctor.

May 21st, 2012
Professional
Dr. Bell was forthright and very clear on my diagnosis. Dr. Bell laid out a plan of action and never sugarcoated anything for me. I appreciated her honesty and exepertise. After my surgery Dr. Bell came to see me the days that she did not have surgery. One of her colleagues checked on me on those days. There is never a day that goes by that I do not thank Dr. Ratino and God in my prayers for Dr. Maria Bell and her talents as a physician.

January 31st, 2012
Dr. Bell does not have a warm bedside manner. I always felt rushed. I can handle directness, but her response to my inquiry about possible allergic reactions to chemotherapy ("I've seen people code in the chair") was not a good one.

April 3rd, 2011
Expert surgeon
Dr. Bell's care of my niece was fabulous. Her skill as a surgeon attacked the problem, but saved my niece's ability to have children - and allowed her to get back to her normal life much faster than we dreamed. She trusts Dr. Bell to give her the facts, not sugar-coated, but laying out the choices and likely results of each choice. We are grateful for her care.

November 16th, 2010
I trust Dr. Bell ~ she is a busy woman and doesn't waste time chit chatting until she has a real reason or diagnosis...she gets to the point...she is professional is all... I feel bad about the above comments regarding her..

July 25th, 2010
very fast to recommend a hysterectomy, even if there are other forms of treatment that she will not tell you about. will not listen to my wishes of no birthcontrol, would not take no at all.

July 18th, 2010
very rude to my me would not listen tried to get me to have a hysterectomy, when it was not the recommended treatment for a molar preg raised her voice to me when i said i did not want any hormones or birthcontrol do not go to her 1 if you want to make choices in your treatment 2 you do not want to be a test subject, she is big into to research

May 17th, 2010
Misdiagnosed me
Misdiagnosed me with cancer and ended up with complete hysterectomy and I never had kids....she has no business practicing medicine.