Family Practitioner

Dr Berdayes, Wonderful doctor show details Dr Berdayes, Wonderful doctor
by chris voorhees on Mar 2nd, 2015

Dr Berdayes, and her staff are just wonderful. I changed my primary to Dr Berdayes, after I saw my mother go to her, and how well she took care of mom. She makes you feel comfortable. I had my womens wellness exam, physical with her. She covers all the bases. She's the best.

Maria Berdayes Bowles show details Maria Berdayes Bowles
by Gmarshall on Dec 31st, 2014

I am former military and have seen many physicians as an adult for the last 35 years . Of all my encounters, Dr. Maria Berdayes Bowles is one of the best physicians I have ever encountered. Add to that, she truly cares, speaks to you in terms that can be easily understood and that she is not full of her self makes her an amazing physician. She has truly been one of the few that has earned my trust and my confidence

Regarding the staff show details Regarding the staff
by Dr. Berdayes' Patient on Apr 9th, 2014

I think Dr. Berdayes is wonderful. The only problem is her staff.. they are unfriendly, cold, and don't seem to care about the patients. They don't return phone calls and never call to keep a patient updated. We waited several days for them to follow up and order a wheelchair after an emergency room visit left me immobile. While in a lot of pain, I had to wait for a referral order to be mailed to me rather than calling me and faxing the information.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
by Susie K. on Jul 26th, 2013

Dr. Berdayes is the best Dr. I have seen so far in this area. I have lived here 32 years and have finally found a Dr. that really cares for her patients. She listens to everything you have to say. She doesn't cut you off and when you are through she goes over all your options regarding care. You feel like you are her only patient! She actually looks at you when you are talking. It's never a problem getting an appointment. You can be seen the same day with either Dr. Berdayes or one of her PA's which are wonderful and caring as well. Her office staff is very friendly when you come in. They are very efficient. I would recommend her to everyone! My husband goes there as well and is very pleased.

not recommended show details not recommended
by Ms Ruby O on Jul 2nd, 2013

I am unsure what has occurred in this office since the first reviews and now. Although I do notice there are no reviews for 2013. My first visit was in 2012 and although I thought I would be meeting Dr Berdayes,; that has never happened. First of all, when I checked in I was promptly asked for the co-pay and I was not given a receipt. When I asked for a receipt I was given a duplicate credit card receipt. I asked for a print out invoice and was informed they could not provide that until after my office visit, co pay was processed by the office staff and they could also not tell me when that would be. After some back and forth I was given a print out. Then I was ushered into a waiting room where I waited 30 minutes to meet with Ashley her P.A. and with all due respect to her years spend on educating herself. It is not the same and not what I anticipated. very disappointed. I also was asked to perform some blood work only to receive a post card reminder to come in person for my results. I came on time but waited 30 minutes to be seen by Ashley. In spite of the fact that I was the only one in the waiting room and did not see anyone else leave. Again, did not meet with Dr Berdayes but Ashley saw me and read my results. What a condescending, patronizing, antagonizing person. I will never set foot in that office. What a waste of my time and my money. She was very insulting and I can only conjure they must see quite a few indigent patients because I do not phantom why anyone would pay for this kind of service and reception.

Nov 3rd, 2012

Doctor will go to extra measures to see that you are cared for. In my case she went beyond the norm to get a second opinion to a problem i was having. And very possibly saving mt life. I give her all my thsnks.

Sep 6th, 2012

I adore Dr. Berdayes, she is a comfort dr, will listen, explain, and work with you to correct your medical problems.If she feels you need to see a specialist, she will arrange that for you. She has a WONDERFUL staff now ather new location. I have had her as my doctor almost 7 years, I adore her bedside manner, she is just great.

A caring Doctor. show details A caring Doctor.
May 7th, 2012

Dr Maria Berdayes has a natural gift for making a patient feel relaxed. She always has the time to listen and although her schedule is obviously crowded she always gives the impression of being there just for the patient to whom she is talking. I moved from Kingwood 18 months ago and I still miss her , I am now even more convinced that she is an unusually dedicated Doctor and definitely "One of a kind". Thank you Dr Berdayes.

too many office visits show details too many office visits
Jul 23rd, 2011

overall ok experience but i don't understand why who have to make office visit for every single darn test result, they refuse to discuss test result over the phone when other doctors do this all the time

Excellent show details Excellent
Jun 15th, 2011

Good Doc and PA to be sure. The only issue is that it takes awhile to get a call back...especially on test results.Also, I have no concern at all with seeing Jennifer (PA). She's knowledgeable, willing to help as she can. Best of all, she doesn't guess. If she is not confident, she talks with Dr. B. I have seen both of them in a room working together to care for/figure out what is going on with a patient.You don't see that very often.

BEST DOC, PA, NURSE AND STAFF IN THIS AREA!!!! show details BEST DOC, PA, NURSE AND STAFF IN THIS AREA!!!!
May 26th, 2011

Dr. Berdayes is Probably one of the BEST doctors I have ever had. She will sit with you on your first appt. and talk with you about you. She is genuinely interested in your health and everything you have to say. She is an EXCELLENT diagnostician. She found out what EXACTLY what was going on with me when other docs. had just completely blown me off saying "stress" yada, yada. I actually had three different "treatable" conditions at the same time. She has recently moved to her own office and has hired a WONDERFUL P.A. Jennifer Ritchey. She share the same philosophies as Dr. Berdayes and is also VERY attentive. Dr. Berdayes's nurse Jaimie is also a MAJOR credit to her office. She is also one of the most attentive, caring nurses I have ever met. Life is not always a pleasant experience especially when you are ill, but having a doctor with a staff that truly cares sure makes life a lot more tolerable in those hard times when you are not feeling well. I had to have major back surgery and this doctor and staff are one of the reasons I am making it through!!!!!! This office This the only one for me!!!!!!

Feb 28th, 2011

Billing errors causing over payment and waiting for refund. You have to wait long time for call back. Left sitting at hospital for test die to no orders fax for test. Hospital called office times 3. I called times 2. All voice mail go to nurse who only answers them at lunch and after office closes at end of day. Be ware you are not allowed to yell at staff, but it ok for staff to treat you like dirt and walk all over the patient.

Dr Maria Berdayes & staff show details Dr Maria Berdayes & staff
by Brandi Bertrand on Sep 28th, 2010

I have had the up most care from Dr Berdayes off & her staff. Im very greatfull for all they do for me & my family. Jamie her nurse is so sweet also. I know in my heart that Dr Berdayes became a Dr for the right reasions. She loves & truly cares for her patients. I will never change Dr's, shes the best. Its so hard to find a great Dr & great staff.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Jun 28th, 2010

I've been looking for a doctor in the Kingwood area for about 2 years. 'Have tried several and have found Dr. Berdayes to be the best. In fact, she ranks right up there with the best I have ever worked with. Excellent diagnostician.

Lucky show details Lucky
Oct 3rd, 2009

picked this doc with our new ins based soley on location- we were new to the area. what a relief-she is awesome. great with my teens, she made them feel comfortable talking to her with teen issues. i feel lucky to have gotten her as our doctor.

Good Doctor show details Good Doctor
Aug 29th, 2009

Dr. is very courteous, attentive, explains things.